IGNORED

Carey Wants The Top Job

Robin 101

Bristol United? Great idea, but it would never work due to the strongly divided loyalties in the greater Bristol area.

And Lewis one day being manager of BCFC? I just think of Brian Tinnion tenure as manager and that's enough for me to say NO.

Bristol United? Great idea, but it would never work due to the strongly divided loyalties in the greater Bristol area.

And Lewis one day being manager of BCFC? I just think of Brian Tinnion tenure as manager and that's enough for me to say NO.

Louis :P

Don't understand how a genuine city fan and someone who has played for us as long as Carey has (including derby games) would support city and the gas combining as one?

He must believe it would be best for bristol. :mf_sleep: however Id have thought he was a big enough fan to know we would never accept it.

Ah good we're beating Louis with the Bristol United stick again. I'm surprised we haven't hung him from the Dolman for treason. The bloke was asked a loaded question with a live mic in front of his face in front of a crowd of Bristolian sports fans. He couldn't exactly just come out and say no thanks because the Rovers are sh1te. But it's good that out of all the things he's done for the club over 19 years, we refer back to this every time a positive thread about him starts though.

Sorry but no, no, and even more no. No doubt he loves the club, but he loved Coventry too when it suited. He has been well rewarded and probably doesn't want to uproot his large family so it's convenient for him to linger around here.

I cannot believe for one moment he is management material in any shape or form. Look at him for christs sake, can you honestly take him seriously, he's like a comic book caricature, what has he done to himself? Can only see a future of job share with Murray when he finally retires I think.

Heart might say give him a job at the club but the head certainly does not.

Sorry but no, no, and even more no. No doubt he loves the club, but he loved Coventry too when it suited. He has been well rewarded and probably doesn't want to uproot his large family so it's convenient for him to linger around here.

I cannot believe for one moment he is management material in any shape or form. Look at him for christs sake, can you honestly take him seriously, he's like a comic book caricature, what has he done to himself? Can only see a future of job share with Murray when he finally retires I think.

Refererring to the injury with the BBQ by any chance Em?

Also would be interested in the role played (if any) in the sacking of sundry managers while hes been at the club n all..hes seen off how many now Ward, Benny, Fawthrop, Rosenior, Pulis, Wilson, Tinnion, Johnson, Coppell, Millen, McInnes and now working under SOD. A defender and hes been part of several piss poor defensive set ups..

Sigh ... and off we ago agin with a bit of Louis-bashing.

He's got massive experience, he's a leader on and off the pitch, he never says die - plays with a broken head and broken face if he has to. But still people question his loyalty. "He loved Coventry too when it suited him"? Give it a rest.

I don't know if Louis would make a good manager. None of us do. I don't even know if he has got his coaching badges. But if he wants to get them and he can come up through the ranks (not like Tins getting chucked in at the deep end) then why not give the guy a chance?

Ah good we're beating Louis with the Bristol United stick again. I'm surprised we haven't hung him from the Dolman for treason. The bloke was asked a loaded question with a live mic in front of his face in front of a crowd of Bristolian sports fans. He couldn't exactly just come out and say no thanks because the Rovers are sh1te. But it's good that out of all the things he's done for the club over 19 years, we refer back to this every time a positive thread about him starts though.

Loaded question? Nope, it wasn't loaded at all.

His astounding response was to a straight question as to whether he would be in favour of a merger with Rovers if it increased the possibility of PL football in Bristol.

What he could have said was, " Never, you must be joking. The continuation of Bristol City Football Club is far more important to me than PL football in Bristol, and a merger with Rovers would mean the death of BCFC, so it's an idea I could never support"

Really not very difficult at all.

Well said RedM, though have to say my heart doesn't say give him the job either.

I cannot believe for one moment he is management material in any shape or form. Look at him for christs sake, can you honestly take him seriously, he's like a comic book caricature, what has he done to himself?

I obviously don't understand the role of "moderators". I thought they were there to moderate the discussion and not anything offensive through. But no, it is just a platform to write personal abuse about one of our most committed and longest serving players. What a joke.

I obviously don't understand the role of "moderators". I thought they were there to moderate the discussion and not anything offensive through. But no, it is just a platform to write personal abuse about one of our most committed and longest serving players. What a joke.

What codswallop.

RedM's a long standing City fan and just as entitled to post her opinion on club matters as you are.

Nothing offensive about what she said.

Loaded question? Nope, it wasn't loaded at all.

His astounding response was to a straight question as to whether he would be in favour of a merger with Rovers if it increased the possibility of PL football in Bristol.

What he could have said was, " Never, you must be joking. The continuation of Bristol City Football Club is far more important to me than PL football in Bristol, and a merger with Rovers would mean the death of BCFC, so it's an idea I could never support"

Really not very difficult at all.

Not difficult at all on the forum full of City fans with time to think about the exact wording of your answer before you press the post button. Just saying it's a completely different scenario at a live recorded sports forum for the radio. I'm sure in the back of his mind he wanted to give an answer which wouldn't be too biased or controversial given he had an audience of Bristol sports fans, not just City fans. You're right though he could have said that, he might even think that, but really, in the grand scheme of things, what is that one comment in comparison to everything he's given to City?! Why do people still give a toss?

Archived