IGNORED

Carey Wants The Top Job

Robin 101

I think we're actually arguing more or less the same point, though I may have put it badly. Carey would have to be proven as an excellent manager elsewhere before he should be considered. I'm not suggesting he should be manager now, or ever unless he does well elsewhere. And I know Tins and Millen weren't pushed into the job, they both wanted it. What I meant was they could both have become good bosses if they didn't come in at the level that they did, but worked there way up. My main point is that Carey could be (however unlikely) the next big British manager, but people already writing him off. That winds me up

I actually think that only a few foolish people are writing him off. I believe most people are far more concerned about the process/mind set, that in the past has given Tinnion and Millen the job and a huge part of that process/mind set has been, the fans will swallow it he's been part of the furniture for a long time but IMO lacks credibility in his new role with the players.

I obviously don't understand the role of "moderators". I thought they were there to moderate the discussion and not anything offensive through. But no, it is just a platform to write personal abuse about one of our most committed and longest serving players. What a joke.

And what does that make you? Em is one of the most intelligent posters on here, rarely if ever allowing emotion to cloud judgement.

As to Carey his career here as a defender has included being part of several AWFUL defences leaking many goals. Committed player? Possibly. Longest Serving? Because bar a short spell at Cov, hes not been wanted by anyone. Sorry to disillusion you, but cos hes a Bristolian and "longest serving" player does not make him managerial material..As to being committed, I beg to disagree, hes certainly no more committed than Skuse was, and hes bailed out. Had Carey been younger he would have also bailed out. Footballers have **** all loyalty these days till they are past it and wanna move into management..we all know how the last two committed players managerial carrers have left us....

Sorry but no, no, and even more no. No doubt he loves the club, but he loved Coventry too when it suited. He has been well rewarded and probably doesn't want to uproot his large family so it's convenient for him to linger around here.

I cannot believe for one moment he is management material in any shape or form. Look at him for christs sake, can you honestly take him seriously, he's like a comic book caricature, what has he done to himself? Can only see a future of job share with Murray when he finally retires I think.

Heart might say give him a job at the club but the head certainly does not.

For Louis Carey see Ian Holloway.

He a comic book character and twice now premier league manager.

If he did the badges and went off to lower leagues and learned the ropes first, I'd be proud to have a bristol lad as City manager.

And what does that make you? Em is one of the most intelligent posters on here, rarely if ever allowing emotion to cloud judgement.As to Carey his career here as a defender has included being part of several AWFUL defences leaking many goals. Committed player? Possibly. Longest Serving? Because bar a short spell at Cov, hes not been wanted by anyone. Sorry to disillusion you, but cos hes a Bristolian and "longest serving" player does not make him managerial material..As to being committed, I beg to disagree, hes certainly no more committed than Skuse was, and hes bailed out. Had Carey been younger he would have also bailed out. Footballers have **** all loyalty these days till they are past it and wanna move into management..we all know how the last two committed players managerial carrers have left us....

Total about slanted negative view point, totally ignore he's been the part of two promotions, a number of play off finals, 2 cup finals, winning one of them, whilst also being captain and a key part of the team that had its highest league final in 25+ years.

When you look at that he's possibly been one of our most succesful players in recent history, ok that doesn't say much but he's been massive part of successes here in addiction the clubs failings so how about some balance.

No, he's not ready for management and I'm sure he'd agree with that, one day with the right training, why not.

As for his Coventry move, the reasons were clear why he went and he had a point.

Unfortunately though this above post sums up The mentality of sum city fans, a player with 500+ games is treated with utter contempt, whilst gas heads like Holloway get a rousing applause.

And what does that make you? Em is one of the most intelligent posters on here, rarely if ever allowing emotion to cloud judgement.

As to Carey his career here as a defender has included being part of several AWFUL defences leaking many goals. Committed player? Possibly. Longest Serving? Because bar a short spell at Cov, hes not been wanted by anyone. Sorry to disillusion you, but cos hes a Bristolian and "longest serving" player does not make him managerial material..As to being committed, I beg to disagree, hes certainly no more committed than Skuse was, and hes bailed out. Had Carey been younger he would have also bailed out. Footballers have **** all loyalty these days till they are past it and wanna move into management..we all know how the last two committed players managerial carrers have left us....

He's also been part of several very solid defenses. Good to leave that out though or your argument seems even weaker. How do you know he hasn't been wanted by anyone? Are you privy to every single offer that has come in for Louis Carey in the last 6 or so years?

Disillusion aside. Nobody. Including Louis Carey. Absolutely nobody on this board who hasn't got some nonsensical axe to grind has stated for one single solitary second that he should be manager of this club BASED ON HIS LONG SERVICE!! I'm baffled where you are all getting that point from?! Where has that come from? It's not been hinted towards once.

EVEN IN THE AUDIO, he never even hinted that he would succeed SOD, or anything.

This is what he said, just to spare any of you from further embarassment, you ready. here it is. "I would one day like to manage this football club" that's it. No dates, stated, no nothing.
And this is my favorite: "hes certainly no more committed than Skuse was, and hes bailed out" so he's certainly less commited than a player who has already left the club despite given the option to turn down a contract himself and leave the club, but yet he's still here, pledging to one day manage our club. Jesus H Christ. What even is that statement?!
I'll sit patiently and wait for the "no other club wanted him" reply.

I actually think that only a few foolish people are writing him off. I believe most people are far more concerned about the process/mind set, that in the past has given Tinnion and Millen the job and a huge part of that process/mind set has been, the fans will swallow it he's been part of the furniture for a long time but IMO lacks credibility in his new role with the players.

I agree, personally I think if he gets the app record, it would be a shame if he came back in 10 years and messing it up like the return of king kenny at liverpool.

Archived