IGNORED

Coventry Away At Northampton

i hate you butler

I'm confused. Their average crowd last season was a reasonable 10.9k. That will be down to 7k (optimistically). So they will lose lets say 4k x £10 = £40,000 per home game. Would it cost them that much more to rent the Rioch, and not shaft their fans?

I'm confused. Their average crowd last season was a reasonable 10.9k. That will be down to 7k (optimistically). So they will lose lets say 4k x £10 = £40,000 per home game. Would it cost them that much more to rent the Rioch, and not shaft their fans?

The owners of the Rioch said they could play there rent free this season. Seems utter madness from the owners

The owners of the Rioch said they could play there rent free this season. Seems utter madness from the owners

That was under the condition they remain in admin.

It still seems crazy that they can't find a better solution than this though. My best mate's a Coventry fan and he's absolutely furious at the owners SISU. What they've done to that club is a disgrace.

Poor Cov! I noticed one fan said they would rather have the Venkys than SISU. If the football league actually ratify this then the 8-1 odds on them to go down starts to look very tasty (bearing in mind if the fans boycott, they'll have to offload lots of players to comply with the salary cap)

So have they not sold ST's yet, or have people bought tickets and had this dumped on them.

The distance and the extra cost will be too much for many people, apart from the way they have been treated that is. You couldn't add an extra hour onto the day for a child who has to go to school the next day for example, and many people who work will struggle to get there in time for night matches.

What about Northampton's pitch, will that stand being played on so often as I doubt if they have invested in it with this in mind.

Moved into the Ricoh the season after they were relegated from the Premier League, then got relegated again. Only ever filled it once for a cup tie with Chelsea.

Falling attendances, less income, high rental on the stadium, stupid owners, stupid council, etc etc. Seems that anything that could go wrong for the club, did go wrong.

Interesting that some people, even those who are old enough to know better, talk about ground sharing with the Gas at a council-owned stadium.

I wouldn't have those clowns within a million miles of BCFC, and I don't mean the Gas.

Archived