IGNORED

Coventry Away At Northampton

i hate you butler

Don't see what the fuss is all about travelling 34 miles to home games if necessary -We used to travel from Street to Bristol every home game and never even thought about it as an issue. As an exiled robin in East Anglia I travel miles to every city game I want to watch and consider 34 miles nothing. In the states people travel 100 miles each way to go out for dinner!

True fans make the effort!

Fair play to them, the Ricoh was killing them. Moving there was the biggest mistake ever. Too many seats, No atmosphere, in the middle of no where and gained no money from it at all. Makes perfect business sense to move away for a few years and build a new purpose built stadium 100% owned by the football club. Similar to what Rotherham have done. Had they stayed at the Ricoh then they would always be wasting money on rent plus losing money from the lack of match day income plus non match day income so future success would always be limited. It could have got to the extreme that it sent them out of business eventually. No way could a professional football club survive on just gate receipts (which were ever decreasing) Good move for them I say.

How much bigger than our plans for Ashton Vale is the Ricoh?

How much more assured of a bright Premier League future is Bristol City than Coventry City were when they signed agreements with the local authority to develop the Ricoh?

How much more potential did Highfield Road have to be brought up to adequacy than Ashton Gate now has?

In what way is 30+ miles departure to a someone else's state-of-the-art 4th division ground a good move?

I agree with all the criticism of the Ricoh but I can quite understand why Coventry City may have seen it as there only chance of a sustainable Premier League future - there is surely a lesson to be learned from the fact that there is a vast gulf of difference between providing something you will need to sustain success (an adequate stadium) and delivering the success itself (team, management, direction, support etc.)

Wimbledon mk 2, this is the beginning of the end for coventry, but it was their own making the should of never got the council to fund the ground and should of never signed up to the rant agreement gambling on a return to the prem,

Makes you thankful we have lansdown as an owner and not some hedgefund or chicken farmer

How do you imagine Coventry City could have developed a new ground without:

a) finding the capital themselves to build it; or

b) committing to pay a commercial rent for the use of an asset funded by someone else?

It is the way of the World that you cannot have success by planning for failure - Coventry City planned to be successful and Coventry City Council believed they could achieve it (they had been in the top division for more than 30 years after all).

Whilst your point regarding our majority shareholder is valid and it may be that Bristol City could one day have a modern stadium without making a revenue commitment we cannot afford - but we do still await the first sod to be cut - and we are no nearer the Premier League now than either Coventry City or Bristol City when SL took the helm.

- and Blackburn Rovers are in a league above us.

How much bigger than our plans for Ashton Vale is the Ricoh?

How much more assured of a bright Premier League future is Bristol City than Coventry City were when they signed agreements with the local authority to develop the Ricoh?

How much more potential did Highfield Road have to be brought up to adequacy than Ashton Gate now has?

In what way is 30+ miles departure to a someone else's state-of-the-art 4th division ground a good move?

I agree with all the criticism of the Ricoh but I can quite understand why Coventry City may have seen it as there only chance of a sustainable Premier League future - there is surely a lesson to be learned from the fact that there is a vast gulf of difference between providing something you will need to sustain success (an adequate stadium) and delivering the success itself (team, management, direction, support etc.)

Over the years I have read many stories from Coventry fans about their dislike for the Ricoh, many felt it was a big mistake moving there. Ok their gonna spend a few years away but surely that is worth it if they then return to a stadium they do like and can actually call it home? Seems to have done Rotherham no harm. It's nothing like Wimbledon at all as they will return to coventry. I suspect that if they say got Man utd in the face cup the Ricoh would be used for that.

Over the years I have read many stories from Coventry fans about their dislike for the Ricoh, many felt it was a big mistake moving there. Ok their gonna spend a few years away but surely that is worth it if they then return to a stadium they do like and can actually call it home? Seems to have done Rotherham no harm. It's nothing like Wimbledon at all as they will return to coventry. I suspect that if they say got Man utd in the face cup the Ricoh would be used for that.

I'm not sure they'd be allowed to use it whether its a high profile side in the cup or not; surely it defeats the object of them moving to Northampton if they can?

Tinnion scored the othergoal in 2003.and iI fail to see what's good about a trip tonorthampton at the best of times and I certainly won't be making it when Coventry fans are asking us to support their boycott. it seems unthinkable now. but who knows what time will bring! one day we may be in a similar position and asking supporters of other clubs for their support!

It would be a classy move if away fans would join the boycott.

Or join in with anti-SISU chants e.t.c. I know their supporters trust are trying to gather support from other clubs in the football league, distributing banners and the like.

It would be great if fans from all clubs could unite against this, it sums up all that's bad about modern football, foreign owners today.

Archived