IGNORED

When Will We Be Promoted?

Randy Marsh

When Will We Be Promoted?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As it's more of a case of when than if lets do a sweepstake to see who can correctly guess when we'll go up.

I reckon we'll be confirmed after the Notts County win at home but we'll be as good as up from the start of March. :)

E I E I E I O UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO :)

Also - Who knew Stevenage were in this league :laugh:?

This is one of the problems with our fanbase, we have a bit of positivity pre season and it turns into full blown arrogance!

There are 24 clubs in League One and we've just rebuilt! We still may have some more players coming and going, they are young and will take time to gel and develop into a team capable of playing the football that SOD likes his teams to play so the idea that we're a shoo in for promotion is just expecting too much too soon. We may achieve promotion but it's more than likely it will not be this season.

I'm all for optimism but I think expecting promotion is only going to ruin a lot of the expectations and leave the fans resenting SOD before he and the club have had a real chance to turn the club around and get it going forward with some real momentum.

This is one of the problems with our fanbase, we have a bit of positivity pre season and it turns into full blown arrogance!

There are 24 clubs in League One and we've just rebuilt! We still may have some more players coming and going, they are young and will take time to gel and develop into a team capable of playing the football that SOD likes his teams to play so the idea that we're a shoo in for promotion is just expecting too much too soon. We may achieve promotion but it's more than likely it will not be this season.

I'm all for optimism but I think expecting promotion is only going to ruin a lot of the expectations and leave the fans resenting SOD before he and the club have had a real chance to turn the club around and get it going forward with some real momentum.

Can I be the first to say whoosh....

Then you are not a true fan.

Deary me. Have a word

Then you are not a true fan.

Randy the real question is how prepared are you for next seasons firms? Have you got an itinary yet?

Stevenage, Shrewsbury Port Vale will be like Beirut - you better start tooling yourself up already...

Randy the real question is how prepared are you for next seasons firms? Have you got an itinary yet?

Stevenage, Shrewsbury Port Vale will be like Beirut - you better start tooling yourself up already...

Went there once, about 20 years ago. It was a shitty day and Burslem was so grim I can still remember it now

Port Vale is a funny name for a football team. Quite surprised I've never noticed them before.

The Smashers aren't fazed by anyone in League 1, but I think we'll be taking it easy as it stands. All seems a bit like poking fun at someone in a wheelchair. Though that Bradford fan from a week or so back might have his face smashed in.

Haha! Spike, take a lye down mate

I think next season, so can you add an option.

We look so arrogant right now, in many ways I hope we don't go up because I hate fans like this.

You ask me to add an option then tell me that you hate me? Not a chance. You're just gonna have to pick a game for next year.

Another who is NOT a true fan.

You ask me to add an option then tell me that you hate me? Not a chance. You're just gonna have to pick a game for next year.

Another who is NOT a true fan.

I don't hate you personally. But this thread just makes the club looks arrogant, which I hate.

How am I not a true fan, unless you are fishing?

Perhaps you should read the thread before posting.

What do the kids say? Owned!

I did read the thread, so I don't see where you are coming from.

The Smashers aren't fazed by anyone in League 1, but I think we'll be taking it easy as it stands. All seems a bit like poking fun at someone in a wheelchair. Though that Bradford fan from a week or so back might have his face smashed in.

Hi Randy, I'd like to officially enrol myself and my 6 year old son into the Smashers however I've been told you wear full kit (inc. shin pads) to your 'meets'. I can't afford a City shirt because I've blown all my cash on poxy designer wear and Adidas Gazelles. Will this prevent me 'getting involved' or can I just turn up in a vest and pants?

Regarding your poll, I think the answer is...yes, definitely.

Archived