IGNORED

When Will We Be Promoted?

Randy Marsh

When Will We Be Promoted?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi Randy, I'd like to officially enrol myself and my 6 year old son into the Smashers however I've been told you wear full kit (inc. shin pads) to your 'meets'. I can't afford a City shirt because I've blown all my cash on poxy designer wear and Adidas Gazelles. Will this prevent me 'getting involved' or can I just turn up in a vest and pants?

Regarding your poll, I think the answer is...yes, definitely.

As they are Gazelles I will let you off this season. Also remember to come find me before we jump the Bradford fans as your son is entitled the Junior Smashers gift pack.

Honestly they've gone down a right treat. Swiss Army knife, Jimmy Saville colouring in book. And more!

As they are Gazelles I will let you off this season. Also remember to come find me before we jump the Bradford fans as your son is entitled the Junior Smashers gift pack.

Honestly they've gone down a right treat. Swiss Army knife, Jimmy Saville colouring in book. And more!

Thanks Randy, I've seen the film 'ID' so I know what's expected of us. I won't let you down by getting all lemony and mugging you off like a drylunch.

This is one of the problems with our fanbase, we have a bit of positivity pre season and it turns into full blown arrogance!

There are 24 clubs in League One and we've just rebuilt! We still may have some more players coming and going, they are young and will take time to gel and develop into a team capable of playing the football that SOD likes his teams to play so the idea that we're a shoo in for promotion is just expecting too much too soon. We may achieve promotion but it's more than likely it will not be this season.

I'm all for optimism but I think expecting promotion is only going to ruin a lot of the expectations and leave the fans resenting SOD before he and the club have had a real chance to turn the club around and get it going forward with some real momentum.

Another problem with our fan base is the willingness to step up on pedestals and not be able to take something as a bit of fun as it is clearly intended.

Note to Randy: I'll be turning 50 in a couple of weeks' time and was wondering if I would qualify for membership of the Senior Smashers. My brother's a couple of years older than me and might also be interested. I'm not sure what the "culture" is like in that part of your organisation but I'm sure we can adapt. Is it all flasks of tea and Giles Brandreth jumpers or more of a swallow tattoo on the neck sort of affair?

We would be up for it either way.

Note to Randy: I'll be turning 50 in a couple of weeks' time and was wondering if I would qualify for membership of the Senior Smashers. My brother's a couple of years older than me and might also be interested. I'm not sure what the "culture" is like in that part of your organisation but I'm sure we can adapt. Is it all flasks of tea and Giles Brandreth jumpers or more of a swallow tattoo on the neck sort of affair?

We would be up for it either way.

Hi RZ, thank you for your interest. We're cool with you joining. Just don't do a Blue on us (that's Blue from the hit film Old School).

Typical negative fans.

Some of you idiots predicting march and April.

IMHO I think that after our first game, Sep Blatter, Bobby Moore, Martin Luther King, George Best, The Footballer previously know as Prince, the CEO of woodbine and the right honourable gentleman Frank Bruno will vote in favour of electing us straight into the intergalactic Johnny Foreigner league (aka The Premiershipleaguetablegroup).

We will reside at our new stadium in Ashton Vale, a stadium so new and radical in design that it's hidden under a giant dog turd, the turd has a special capsule that is broken when a match needs to be played, after the capsule is broken a sleeping gas descends on the nimby folk of Ashton Vale. The giant turd splits into 4 providing luxury sofa like seating for 97,423, after each game when the tea lady (whose actually a man.......shhhhhhh) dries her last cup and leaves the ground turns back to a giant turd and all are happy.

The end........or is it just the beginning.

Peace out brothers and my little sister.

No, Im sorry EB, I don't believe for one second that they are so ******* dense that they would read this stuff, think we are serious and start a thread in their General Sport section.

Why not mate, several of our own fans seem to think it's a serious topic....

Typical negative fans.

Some of you idiots predicting march and April.

IMHO I think that after our first game, Sep Blatter, Bobby Moore, Martin Luther King, George Best, The Footballer previously know as Prince, the CEO of woodbine and the right honourable gentleman Frank Bruno will vote in favour of electing us straight into the intergalactic Johnny Foreigner league (aka The Premiershipleaguetablegroup).

We will reside at our new stadium in Ashton Vale, a stadium so new and radical in design that it's hidden under a giant dog turd, the turd has a special capsule that is broken when a match needs to be played, after the capsule is broken a sleeping gas descends on the nimby folk of Ashton Vale. The giant turd splits into 4 providing luxury sofa like seating for 97,423, after each game when the tea lady (whose actually a man.......shhhhhhh) dries her last cup and leaves the ground turns back to a giant turd and all are happy.

The end........or is it just the beginning.

Peace out brothers and my little sister.

Source?!

Archived