IGNORED

By My Maths..

GrahamC

I make it 11 out and 6 in so far.

Departures, Heaton, Gerken, Lewis Carey, Foster, Mark Wilson, Nyatanga, Bates, Skuse, Howard, Anderson and Stead.

Arrivals, Fielding, Flint, Williams, Wynter and today's two.

In addition to Albert I'd guess at at least one more other exit and probably two more in yet.

Not exactly the "contracts all round" "stay as we were" summer some were expecting, is it?

Departures, Heaton, Gerken, Lewis Carey, Foster, Mark Wilson, Nyatanga, Bates, Skuse, Howard, Anderson and Stead.

In additional to Albert I'd guess at at least one more other exit and probably two more in yet.

Not exactly the "contracts all round" "stay as we were" summer some were expecting, is it?

Not at all Graham, have been pleasantly surprised at the dealings so far

A few comments on twitter from fans expecting City 'to walk' L1 with the signings we've made....don't think that is the case, but my prediction last week of 8th may need reviewing to a play off place come kick off

Exciting times, well done to SOD and Burt - looks like we have a great partnership in place now

Not at all Graham, have been pleasantly surprised at the dealings so far

A few comments on twitter from fans expecting City 'to walk' L1 with the signings we've made....don't think that is the case, but my prediction last week of 8th may need reviewing to a play off place come kick off

Exciting times, well done to SOD and Burt - looks like we have a great partnership in place now

The team need to gel quickly but they are good signings,

In addition to Albert I'd guess at at least one more other exit and probably two more in yet.

Thankfully not. Lucky that Nyatanga, Heaton and Stead turned down their contract offers.

Stead wasn't offered a contract was he?

I'm not sure if he was formally but I'm sure I recall SOD implying that he wanted to keep him. I know he wasn't one of the ones who we announced we were looking to retain at the end of the season but I think thats because - like Skuse - he'd already told the club that he'd decided to move on.

I don't think it was ever going to be a quiet summer after getting relegated. Plenty of players would have not wanted to play in League 1 so an exodus was always likely. Albert and probably Baldock will be off as well and transfers in were always on the cards, more to come as well.

As I see it, the majority of SOD's business has been done....he has brought in a whole new spine to the squad.....

Fielding

Flint

Williams

Wynter

Thomas

In line with what appears to be SOD's team structure, Wagstaff is the "right-sided midfielder" he needs although I dont see him as a replacement for the likely-to-be-leaving Albert who is an out-and-out wide man.

I dont think Baldock will leave but if an attractive offer comes in we would certainly need to replace him as other then Davies, who has had injury problems, there are not a huge number of goals in the remaining forwards.

Centre backs now look more solid and I think we have enough cover in the squad for Moloney and Cunnigham

Certainly another keeper to come in and potentially another midfielder leaving

Plenty of good development squad players who will brought onto the bench when needed

All in all, fantastic to see good early business and the troublesome areas sorted (on paper)

The only surprises so far for me are Foster and Anderson going. We've only really brought in 4 definite first teamers so far...Wynter and Williams are not certs to start by any means. Therefore, SOD still has a big task on his hands to change the 'dynamic' of the team and stop the rot of the past few years and get this team winning regularly.

Two more 'first teamers' in, making 6 in total, would be great.

As I see it, the majority of SOD's business has been done....he has brought in a whole new spine to the squad.....

Fielding

Flint

Williams

Wynter

Thomas

In line with what appears to be SOD's team structure, Wagstaff is the "right-sided midfielder" he needs although I dont see him as a replacement for the likely-to-be-leaving Albert who is an out-and-out wide man.

I dont think Baldock will leave but if an attractive offer comes in we would certainly need to replace him as other then Davies, who has had injury problems, there are not a huge number of goals in the remaining forwards.

Centre backs now look more solid and I think we have enough cover in the squad for Moloney and Cunnigham

Certainly another keeper to come in and potentially another midfielder leaving

Plenty of good development squad players who will brought onto the bench when needed

All in all, fantastic to see good early business and the troublesome areas sorted (on paper)

O'Driscoll has definitely been quick to get the comings and goings underway so soon after the last season finished. I can't remember so much transfer activity so early on before. Its so good to see after previous managers either 'not finding the right player' or 'giving existing players the chance to prove themselves'.

SoD is certainly very proactive and virtually everything he says and does fills me with optimism for the future. He going about building a squad with players that can and are willing to play the O'Driscoll way. Its all looking very positive.

O'Driscoll has definitely been quick to get the comings and goings underway so soon after the last season finished. I can't remember so much transfer activity so early on before. Its so good to see after previous managers either 'not finding the right player' or 'giving existing players the chance to prove themselves'.

SoD is certainly very proactive and virtually everything he says and does fills me with optimism for the future. He going about building a squad with players that can and are willing to play the O'Driscoll way. Its all looking very positive.

Agreed though I think Burt has been a massive influence in this and getting them in early.

For me the best signing of the summer so far and indeed for the club in a while him and SOD seem to have a very good working relationship

Archived