IGNORED

How Far Is Bristol From Europe>

Saintees!

Ah the bitter response form a newly relegated side. It's Ok nibor...it will pass.......

Have to say you're letting your side down Saintees. I've got a lot of time for the Saints fans who came on our board and showed a hell of a lot of class ..... something you unfortunately seem to be sadly lacking with you pathetic wumming.

Ok you've come fishing and caught a few, but you're a pale shadow compared to the rest of your fans we had the pleasure of meeting on here a coupe of years back. I know who are more welcome on here, and to give you a clue, you 'aint it!!!

Have to say you're letting your side down Saintees. I've got a lot of time for the Saints fans who came on our board and showed a hell of a lot of class ..... something you unfortunately seem to be sadly lacking with you pathetic wumming.

Ok you've come fishing and caught a few, but you're a pale shadow compared to the rest of your fans we had the pleasure of meeting on here a coupe of years back. I know who are more welcome on here, and to give you a clue, you 'aint it!!!

That's fine, can live with that. can't live with the anti Lomas, anti Scottish shite,,,,,but hey ho. Enjoy your football.

Andy murray the only scottish player to hit the net in a major tournament for how many years? English football is shit but scotland have got mark mghee as 2nd in command, the man that would have got a certain team near us relegated to non league football if they hadn't realised he was completely past it.I rest my case, your witness defence.

Lomas managed to get a poorly supported side in to Europe mainly because they finished above other poorly supported clubs.

That doesn't make him a good manager.

Whatever. SO'D managed to get a poorly supported team relegated below other poorly supported teams. That doesn't make him a good manager.

Whatever. SO'D managed to get a poorly supported team relegated below other poorly supported teams. That doesn't make him a good manager.

Saintees, I'm not sure why you have come on here trolling, is there a link to where all this bitterness started from?

Anyway, to compare our two sides against each other is ridiculous, even in the 3rd tier of English football we will still get more through our gate than you will, even though Scottish football is given a European place. You live in a bubble up there, unfortunately we have seen first hand how crap Scottish Premier League players can be due to the tinker man bringing most of your crap with him, hence our relegation.

OK. I am going to stick up for Saintees, here goes...

1. Most Scots don't want independence and it won't happen, so we are still all Brits together.

2. Saints made Europe whilst competing with teams who have double, treble or in Celtic's case more than ten times the average attendance. That can't be knocked.

Whoops not finished

3. Rangers and Celtic with EPL money would be challenging at the very top of the Prem very quickly. Both clubs could expand their grounds and would be getting 70000 gates in the EPL. In my opinion only Man Utd in Britain have a bigger fan base.

4. You can't really write Lomas off as a manger until you see what he does at Millwall. He certainly did well at Saints.

Who said I want independence? Not me! And it must cost a lot to get to Bristol. how many fans would you take to Glasgow??? Celtic and Rangers easily have some of the biggest attendances in Britain, at home Rangers get more than 40, 000, even in the third division. Tell me when did Bristol City last have more than 40 000?

And there was me thinking that Rangers and Celtic have millions of fans all around the world, as regularly spouted by Jocks making themselves sound bigger than they actually are. If there are millions everywhere then surely more than a couple of thousand could get to Bristol quite easily on Saturday? As for how many we would take to Glasgow, I don't think it would be that many, purely because we wouldn't be that bothered by it

Rangers & Celtic have got quite a chip on their shoulder about their attractiveness to other clubs. Not for me I'm afraid

Please sod off, that is all rubbish. You have a really poor league and that's why you get to Europe.

McInnes, Clarkson, Johnson, Foster etc all prove you're teams aren't good enough for the Championship.

Lomas has signed awful players whose been released from clubs for a reason.

Just to be devils advocate for a second here but Hartley was class for us albeit if it was for one season.. Wish we kept him longer! What he did for Maynard was immense by supplying class ball after ball, superb player even if he as at the wrong end of his career so some Scottish players are decent enough for the Championship and Premier League.

Plus we've never replaced Hartley with a similar quality player, hence why our midfield has been so poor creatively since he left.

Just to be devils advocate for a second here but Hartley was class for us albeit if it was for one season.. Wish we kept him longer! What he did for Maynard was immense by supplying class ball after ball, superb player even if he as at the wrong end of his career so some Scottish players are decent enough for the Championship and Premier League.

Plus we've never replaced Hartley with a similar quality player, hence why our midfield has been so poor creatively since he left.

But he did play for Celtic. All other players were poor.

Whoops not finished

3. Rangers and Celtic with EPL money would be challenging at the very top of the Prem very quickly. Both clubs could expand their grounds and would be getting 70000 gates in the EPL. In my opinion only Man Utd in Britain have a bigger fan base.

4. You can't really write Lomas off as a manger until you see what he does at Millwall. He certainly did well at Saints.

Sort of agree with this statement. I think they would both be Liverpools size. However they wouldn't be getting premier league money for at least 5 years as they would have to start again like your afc Wimbledon's. Even then there would be no guarentee they'd walk every league on the way up. 10 or so years of knocking around the lower leagues and struggling in the Championship may give them a whole new look. Lets not forget Forest/Wolves and Leeds are all not far off Rangers and Celtics size and I see them as nothing but average championship teams.

Spl equivalent in england(I've thrown in Rangers):

Rangers.............Arsenal

Celtic................chelsea

Aberdeen...........charlton

Dundee utd........Reading

Hibs..................Birmingham

Inverness CT......yeovil

Kilmarnock.........Barnsley

Motherwell.........Blackpool

Partick Thistle....s****horpe

Ross county.......Walsall

St johnstone......Swindon

St Mirren...........Leyton Orient

Hearts...............Coventry

Inverness CT......yeovil

Harsh but fair :noexp:

Sort of agree with this statement. I think they would both be Liverpools size. However they wouldn't be getting premier league money for at least 5 years as they would have to start again like your afc Wimbledon's. Even then there would be no guarentee they'd walk every league on the way up. 10 or so years of knocking around the lower leagues and struggling in the Championship may give them a whole new look. Lets not forget Forest/Wolves and Leeds are all not far off Rangers and Celtics size and I see them as nothing but average championship teams.

Leeds yes. Forest & Wolves no.

What you forget is, if Rangers and Celtic were admitted to the English set up, even in the basement, rich investors would be lining up to support their climb into the PL. it is a pointless argument because it won't happen, but believe me if it did the Old Firm would be in and around the top four in little time at all.

Inverness CT......yeovil

If they were in the English set up, with English tv money etc, a club like Hearts could really grow, they are bigger than Coventry to be fair and they are certainly bigger than Hibs. The others you have called about right although I wouldn't say St Johnstone are as big as Swindon. Another Scottish team with a decent support is Dundee. In the English set up they could be a Burnley.

Archived