IGNORED

Are Yeovil...?

James

No. It looks good on paper but if and when the wheels come off when they get dicked a few times they will be hard pressed to get anyone in.

Even Nyatanga chose Barnsley over them when it would have been easier to commute from Bristol.

They're in a no win situation really, its attractive playing the big clubs, more coverage, more away fans & the kudos of being the highest placed West Country team but the downside is the small ground, the friendly locals having to put up with the likes of Milwall, Leicester & dirty leeds' fans running amok.

Make no mistake, all of the division's "mobs" will be looking forward to a day out at little yeovil

I think yeovil as a town will benefit hugely from being in the npc, can imagine plenty from up north making a weekend of it and going on to places like weymouth on the sunday.don't get many hoolies down that way unless the yokels go tooled up with their pitchforks.

Depends on the players personality is I think, do you want to test yourself in the championship ( if never played in it ) with a team tipped to go down infront of 5-6 thousand fans at home games with basic facilities, which if you do well could put you in the shop window for a move to a bigger club,better players and 2-3 x more wages your currently on.

Or, go to a club tipped to go up,good facilities, playing infront of 12-14 thousand at your home games (if doing well) with the prospects of a club that could hold its own in the championship if we're led to believe SOD wether it be next season or the season after.

If I was a player in that position, especially aged under 24 then I'd choose us (not bias of course) because the potential if fulfilled over the next 2-3 seasons (the players contract) is better than that of Yeovil

I think people might be setting themselves up for a fall. Yeovil may be traditionally a smaller club than us, probably paying smaller wages than us, but football is more than that. If GJ builds a great team spirit, the players click, then why can't they achieve things in the championship? This in itself makes them a better move than Bristol City. It all depends on the individual at the end of the day. Some will simple want to play at the highest standard that they can, some will want to join a club that pays higher wages / want better surroundings... Many factors make a club attractive to different players.

Ressies Lew, watched a lot on their tv channel and he looked awful but always found the net!

Hes one of those huge players that is better on the floor powering through than in air.

You really are a die hard liverpool fan watching the reserve games etc.

You really are a die hard liverpool fan watching the reserve games etc.

Actually just dont have the full Sky sports package so the only football I see away from the terrestrial channells is the garbage on Eurosport or LFCTV which is free.

Only been a season ticket holder at city since I was 15 so obviously not a fan enough for you, you smarmy half wit clown :)

Signings - Joel Grant (Wycombe), Sam Hoskins (Southampton), Michael Ngoo (loan, Liverpool), Kieffer Moore (Dorchester)

Trialists so far - Lewin Nyatanga, Simon Ferry, Onismor Bhasera

Out of that, there's not one player that I'm miffed that they've 'beaten us to' and I'd prefer our deals than their's. To be fair, out of their whole squad there's only Paddy Madden, Ed Upson and at a push Marek Stech that I would want in our side.

Will be interesting to see how former Dorchester striker Kieffer Moore gets on at Yeovil. He was due here this month on trial (after his YTFC trial) but GJ has obviously saw enough in a weeks training to offer him a full time deal. With no reserve or U21 games they must of gauranteed him first team team football?! Shame cos he is/was one of the hottest prospects at non league level.

Will be interesting to see how former Dorchester striker Kieffer Moore gets on at Yeovil. He was due here this month on trial (after his YTFC trial) but GJ has obviously saw enough in a weeks training to offer him a full time deal. With no reserve or U21 games they must of gauranteed him first team team football?! Shame cos he is/was one of the hottest prospects at non league level.

Interesting, can't say I've heard of him or that he was due on trial but yes with Yeovil not having u21s or ressies it'll be first team football unless he's loaned out.

Gary johnson will have them fired up from the first whistle, i predict a mid table finish for them. It's the season after where he may struggle to keep them up, he wont keep the players motivated for ever, i hope he learns his lesson of moving players on. Good luck to them.

As said before, as a 1 year loan option, Yeovil are indeed a more attractive option but I cannot see where else they would be.

If a player is signing for their league position over our own, I would suggest signing for them would be a very short term view. All being well, we should, hopefully, return to the Championship at some point where we would, I believe be in a better position to survive than Yeovil who would have to do incredibly well to survive up there with their resources.

I have little doubt that what they are paying as a Championship club is a fair bit less than we are paying as a L1 club so moving there wouldn't be for the money.

New stadium, owner wealth, club potential, fan base, lovely city, state of the art training facilities, class 2 academy, etc, we still have an awful lot to offer TBH.

Both clubs have excellent Managers so I haven't mentioned that.

...currently a more attactive option than us (for this season at least) for players on the move as well as Clubs looking to loan out youngsters etc?

Do you think the likes of Fielding, Wynter, Williams, Flint etc would have chosen them over us if offered similar terms etc?

No - we are a bigger club, bigger stadium, bigger potential, Bristol is a better place to live than Yeovil and I'd bet we pay much higher wages.

Disagree on the sod bit.johnson had over 10 years experience in non league football, has managed an international team, a shit one I know and he has spent a very similar length of time as a league manager as sod and taken a team to within 90 mins of the premier league! Hes done bloody well with gettint young premier league footballes on loan as well so his contacts appear good to me.

Disagree on the sod bit.johnson had over 10 years experience in non league football, has managed an international team, a shit one I know and he has spent a very similar length of time as a league manager as sod and taken a team to within 90 mins of the premier league! Hes done bloody well with gettint young premier league footballes on loan as well so his contacts appear good to me.

+1

Yeovile have been very successful at what they do and also have an unusual advantage similar in many ways to Cheltenham who are not known as big payers ad therefore have an advantage in that agents/players know that they are not going to be able to pay a fortune and therefore are more likely to accept less.Unlike both yourselves or us who over the past few seasons at our respective level have a reputation of being big payers at our level. Not sure how that lies now as not sure what sort of wages you are offering your new signings but would be VERY surprised if you are not still in the top 5 payers in League 1. I think it depends on the type of players you sign as to whether they woud sign for you as a league 1 club or Yeovile as a Championship club. Their crowds alone make them unable to compete with either of our clubs (particularly yourselves) but the same could have been said in the past about Wigan.

Lets be honest I don't think ANY of the players you have signed so far would have signed for Yeovil!

Who will get the best value- yourselves or Yeovil well that is more difficult to judge. I am not so sure that SOD is as good a Manager as Gary Johnson - certainly in my eyes has no or very litte motivational skills about him. On paper I would say that your team is superior to Yeovil but will they get more points than you managed last season? I have the feeling the answer to that will be Yes but much will depend on how they start off which could also be true about both our teams.

It will be very interesting to see how GJ will do. I personally think he is a good Manager with very little money to spend but not so good if given good money to spend.

Yeah thats what they do!!

Loans loans and more loans

The only thing that will change now they are in the championship is the loans will be of a better class

We get loans due to a lack of money, but we are able to get decent ones as we have a good reputation in playing them and looking after them. Youngsters at bigger clubs can look at some of our young loan players and see what a positive outcome for the player there has been.....Caulker, Begovic,Leon Best and Andros Townsend being prime examples.

We get loans due to a lack of money, but we are able to get decent ones as we have a good reputation in playing them and looking after them. Youngsters at bigger clubs can look at some of our young loan players and see what a positive outcome for the player there has been.....Caulker, Begovic,Leon Best and Andros Townsend being prime examples.

Still a crap way to run a club

Just as well become a feeder club and be called spurs 2nds or somthing

Saying that it better than going bust by spending money you dont have

Archived