IGNORED

Are Yeovil...?

James

...currently a more attactive option than us (for this season at least) for players on the move as well as Clubs looking to loan out youngsters etc?

Do you think the likes of Fielding, Wynter, Williams, Flint etc would have chosen them over us if offered similar terms etc?

Yes probably. Simple fact is most players would probably rather play at a higher level. If offered the same money at least.

Although I think SOD & Co's vision for the future direction of the club has probably has a big say on the likes of Fielding and JET joining.

So there's probably not a lot in it between smaller club in a better league and bigger club in a smaller league, especially if we can convince players like that to buy into the longer term vision.

...currently a more attactive option than us (for this season at least) for players on the move as well as Clubs looking to loan out youngsters etc?

Do you think the likes of Fielding, Wynter, Williams, Flint etc would have chosen them over us if offered similar terms etc?

For loan players yeovil are definately a better option, championship footy with no interest on where the club ends up at end of season,

Perm moves.....depends on player, if there is a one year deal and a player is on a free transfer than Yeovil are a better option.

SO'D has a definitive way of playing football, he's very well respected for that throughout the game, the players we have brought in are all "footballers".

On another level, Bristol or Yeovile as a place to live for a young affluent man oh and I'd hazard a guess we still pay a lot better than them, despite our position a league below them.

Signings - Joel Grant (Wycombe), Sam Hoskins (Southampton), Michael Ngoo (loan, Liverpool), Kieffer Moore (Dorchester)

Trialists so far - Lewin Nyatanga, Simon Ferry, Onismor Bhasera

Out of that, there's not one player that I'm miffed that they've 'beaten us to' and I'd prefer our deals than their's. To be fair, out of their whole squad there's only Paddy Madden, Ed Upson and at a push Marek Stech that I would want in our side.

Yeovil cannot sustain Championship football. They may stay up for one or even two seasons, but ultimately there's only one way they're leaving the Championship and that's through the trapdoor.

same as us then.

But what if GJ has a season of "riding on success" like he did here and they punch well above their weight (as we did) reach the play offs and end up in premier....its not beyond possibility.....similar type of team as we had here for 1st CCC season under GJ

In answer to OP question.....yes they are more attractive than us this season.....

Apart from JET because of the SOD influence ....if they had stepped in at last minute offering any of our signings the same deals as we have then they would have probably have gone there IMO

Signings - Joel Grant (Wycombe), Sam Hoskins (Southampton), Michael Ngoo (loan, Liverpool), Kieffer Moore (Dorchester)

Trialists so far - Lewin Nyatanga, Simon Ferry, Onismor Bhasera

Out of that, there's not one player that I'm miffed that they've 'beaten us to' and I'd prefer our deals than their's. To be fair, out of their whole squad there's only Paddy Madden, Ed Upson and at a push Marek Stech that I would want in our side.

Ngoo has a fantastic nack of scoring goals despite looking more ungainly than Bas..

He scored four in 15 for Hearts, so is that the 'fantastic nack of scoring goals' you speak of, Tans, or are you referring to his Liverpool Res career?

Hes referring to his Football manager career.

Annoyingly he's also left out the most important stst, how often the guy hits the post.

He scored four in 15 for Hearts, so is that the 'fantastic nack of scoring goals' you speak of, Tans, or are you referring to his Liverpool Res career?

Ressies Lew, watched a lot on their tv channel and he looked awful but always found the net!

Hes one of those huge players that is better on the floor powering through than in air.

Archived