IGNORED

England 2-3 Spain - Euro 2013 - Post Match Thread

Ian M

Also known as the Ron Atkinson defence.

It won't get better with people like you doing them down at every turn.

It's got nothing to do with being sexist. My opinion is that women's football is extremely poor. Why should I tip-toe around people like you and make out I think it's good in fear of being politically incorrect?

That's my opinion. Why does that mean I am making sexist remarks?

In comparison to other women's sports, women's football is pathetic. On the other hand the likes of Jess Ennis is the ultimate athlete and a credit to athletics. I also happen to think women's hockey is of an incredibly high standard, along with other women's sport. But women's football just simply isn't.

Not going to pretend I think otherwise for the sake of it.

Anyway, to keep this topic football related, who do you think is the most s hagable footballer in the tournament? I personally like Anouk Hoogendijk from the Netherlands , love to see her face ground into a pillow. Discuss?

Disappointed that Rachel Unitt couldn't make it to the finals, she is pretty fit, rest of England look dog ruff , but obviously looks aren't everything when it comes down to football talent which this topic is about is it not !!

Of all the sports in the world, womens football is arguably the furthest behind its male counterpart....even cricket the difference isn't do large.

Our pub side played up to three women at a time - one of whom recorded the figures:

O M W R

1.4 1 6 4

before admitting that she'd played for Cambridge University.

We also had mother, father and son all take wickets in the same game - but that's another story.

Its a puzzle.

One of my best friends plays for Cheltenham Town and she says she has never seen a decent standard keeper. In all other posotions women's football has come on leaps and bounds, except for keepers who are no better than han myself at 12.

In fairness, Fara Williams and Eni Aluko at least looked like they had a bit of technical ability. At one point yesterday Williams played a ball from the right wing just inside the russian half and picked out i think Aluko on the edge of the left side of the penalty, a crossfield ball more regularly seen by the likes of Becks! Ball was brought down brilliant with 1 touch and should have led to a goal but for an off balance shot.

The womens football is very similar to sunday league football, you have a team of some very good players and some that look like theyve never played before and for all the good play, you get the mistakes and c0ck ups that over shadow it. Generally the right ball goes to the wrong player.

Archived