IGNORED

Spike Aka Rod Stewart? Sky Advert (Merged)

ispep2012

Maybe a little speculative on my part, but it wasn't said without grounding. So far i don't think anyone on here seems to have ever seen the bloke sober, whether it be at a game, out in Blackpool. He was falling over tables the only time i've ever seen him away from the Gate. For a guy of his age to get as plastered as he does as frequently as he does, and alone, as no one ever appears to sees him with someone else, does suggest a problem to be fair. Worse gets thrown at people with no reasoning behind it on here.

He's harmless enough though I guess, so it's up to Spike how he lives his life, but I just don't get the adulation he's afforded is all.

I've seen him in the supporters club sober often enough, but i take your point.

To be fair, there are lots of City fans who have more than 4 or 5 on a Saturday and definatly more on away days.

I may be painting myself in a bad light, but even including away days as a youngster, i can probably think of less than 10 where i haven't drank at all, and of the rest, only about another 5-10 where i wasn't drunk.

English disease i guess.

The alcoholic bit is (seemingly) a slur and (seemingly) not really called for. I'm not an alcoholic but do get plastered at football from time to time.

As for legend, character is probably a more apt term

'Legend' is wholly objective and a personal view. As you quite rightly point out, there are one or two city 'legends' who most certainly aren't in my view.

Excellent post, I had wrote something very similar (b4 being sidetracked) about him being a character and not a legend..

More characters needed these days...

Edit: I think only one person used the word legend..

Top bloke nothing wrong with having a few ciders before and after the game. Always has time to speak is a character in my opinion, i personally don't get a chance to have a drink at most games but always have an all dayer at certain points of the season home and away and wish i could do it more often, fair play to spike.

I was delivering to a shop on North Street, the other day, Spike walked past me, I didn't speak to him as I don't know him personally, but I'm 100% sure he was not under the influence. If he was an alcoholic, then I'm sure he'd struggle to pay to go to Football. There's a large minority of posters on here who always try to belittle people and take some sort of moral high ground, get down off your high horses.

I know Spike well, and he is a lovely bloke, who always smiles and will have a laugh with you. Yes he has a few before a game, but so does a lot of supporters, that is part and parcel of THEIR football experience. Top man Spike, keep enjoying yourself.

It does amaze me how some (seemingly) alcoholic bloke who bears a vague passing resemblance to a washed up rock star is viewed as a legend, pretty much because he's a (seemingly) alcoholic bloke who bears a vague passing resemblance to a washed up rock star, but we can have pages and pages disputing the same title for someone like Tinman...

'Tis a strange world we occupy at times....!

Rod Stewart washed up! Only last year finishing a year long residency at Caesars Palace, performing several sell out dates across the USA last year, he ain't no Justin Beiber or One Direction I guess, but most of today's crap won't be still touring and making albums in forty years time.

As for spike, when my ex worked in lloyds on canon street she'd say she regularly see him falling out of the London Inn, mind you that was a few years ago, and like I said to her he's not hurting anyone, so what's it matter?

Live and let live.

You couldn't be further from the truth Redeye.

Nope. Stoney is a South Bristol man

Certainly not an alcoholic.

And IS a BCFC Legend supporter!

The Stoney I know is an alcoholic and certainly no 'legend' (whatever the requirements are to attain that tag).

On a side note - what's with all this South and North Bristol divide / pride? Surely ludicrous when it shouldn't matter which part of the City you live.

The Stoney I know is an alcoholic and certainly no 'legend' (whatever the requirements are to attain that tag).

On a side note - what's with all this South and North Bristol divide / pride? Surely ludicrous when it shouldn't matter which part of the City you live.[/quote

Whatever happens, please dont ever give in to the haters and stop posting! Nobody makes me laugh more with there posts than you. It reminds me of Ashtonyate in his pomp (god rest his soul).

Keep fighhing the good fight redeye, we can't have these alcoholic, hooligan, wife beating forumites being linked to the club.

Keep fighhing the good fight redeye, we can't have these alcoholic, hooligan, wife beating forumites being linked to the club.

The sad fact is, what you've stated above is pertinent to some City fans. Interesting how there are posters who attack me on the points I raise - could that be projection of guilt?

Not all City fans live the culture you defend.

On a side note - what's with all this South and North Bristol divide / pride? Surely ludicrous when it shouldn't matter which part of the City you live.

Stoney lives in the Whitchurch/Hengrove area I think! Plus the man is a top bloke.

Can't be the same one!

ame="054123" post="1825246" timestamp="1374081355"]

The sad fact is, what you've stated above is pertinent to some City fans. Interesting how there are posters who attack me on the points I raise - could that be projection of guilt?

Not all City fans live the culture you defend.

Dont let yourself down by getting emotional.

Ive clearly defended no person or no culture, merely used your own words which are pertinent to all sections of society.

Anyway, ive not attacked you, its those nasty people like executed wolf who are your enemy.

Go get'em tiger!

Put simply, Whitchurch is south of the river Henbury is North!

Not that difficult for such an intelligent man as yourself Mr Redeye surely?

Put simply, Whitchurch is south of the river Henbury is North!

Not that difficult for such an intelligent man as

yourself Mr Redeye surely?

You seem incapable of understanding the question. Why should it matter which part of Bristol a City fan comes from?

Archived