IGNORED

Albert Gone/ Not Gone (Updated Title)

BristolBEAT

Well Ali Durden has tweeted that a deal is still no where near

Alistair Durden @alidurdenBBC

I'm told Bristol City are no nearer agreeing a deal with Wigan for Albert Adomah

Wigan will get £48m in Parachute payments over the next four years so we need to hold out for as much as we can £1.5m minimum i say

yup think we need to take a respectable offer and move on

Im. really isn't a respectable offer though, imo.

Especially as City apparently turned down a 2.3m offer only a few months ago.

I can't help thinking that with several other interested clubs one of Cardiff, Reading, Palace or ANO unkown will trump Wigan yet.

I can't help thinking that with several other interested clubs one of Cardiff, Reading, Palace or ANO unkown will trump Wigan yet.

How long do you leave it though? that money needs to be reinvested in the squad! I just want this to end sooner rather than later.

2.3 million!! We must of been mad to turn that down!

1 to 1.2 is more than reasonable for a player who isn't wanted by us and isn't in form.

May be iam being naieve but i don't see how Zaha is worth all those millions when Albert is as good as him .

Accepting length of contract,age différence etc is Zaha really fifteen times better?

The world gone mad (we could do with a bit of this madness to get a good deal for us)

I have the impression that some other clubs for whatever reason sell their average to good players for small or indeed large fortunes but when in comes to city we just give our players away.I hope this changes with the new set up.

May be iam being naieve but i don't see how Zaha is worth all those millions when Albert is as good as him .

Accepting length of contract,age différence etc is Zaha really fifteen times better?

The world gone mad (we could do with a bit of this madness to get a good deal for us)

I have the impression that some other clubs for whatever reason sell their average to good players for small or indeed large fortunes but when in comes to city we just give our players away.I hope this changes with the new set up.

Albert as good as Zaha? Too much sun I guess.

Albert as good as Zaha? Too much sun I guess.

You are just jealous !

I really don't see Zaha as being fifteen times more likely to change a game than Albert.

They have both got potential ,i admit that Zaha is younger, but still.

If Albert was playing for Palace iam sûre the bidding would start higher

Where did you hear that?

1 to 1.2 is more than reasonable for a player who isn't wanted by us and isn't in form.

Can someone remind me of the £2+ million offer we turned down a few months ago - as I can only recall an unconfirmed rumour of around £0.5M from the Cadbury Heath Chancer?

"isn't wanted by us"? - there are some that seem to think Anderson (gone) was better and others that imagine a Charlton cast-off might be, but most of us know better and would love Albert to stay

"isn't in form"? - it's the middle of July and we have managed two goals in three friendlies (without Albert) - how do you draw this conclusion???

You are just jealous !

I really don't see Zaha as being fifteen times more likely to change a game than Albert.

They have both got potential ,i admit that Zaha is younger, but still.

If Albert was playing for Palace iam sûre the bidding would start higher

But you completely ignore potential. Zaha might bwe worth £15 Million one day, Albert never will.

Of course we want him in an ideal world - he's obviously City's best player by a very long way - but we've been relegated and he's far too good for div.3.

The fact O' Driscoll chose not to play him for so long (for his own tactical reasons ) isn't a reflection on Albert's ability.

Strange how all our Championship rivals rated Albert as outstanding but some City fans are so dismissive of his talent.

15 million for potential really. Zaha is massively overrated. Albert out scored and got more assists than him last season in our team, difference is Zaha is 20 and had about 4 years left on his contract and Adomah is 25 and has 1.

I feel city fans don't appreciate Adomah enough, with a good manager and rest of team he'll show how good he is to the many that doubt him at city. Our game plan at times has seemed to be give the ball to Albert and see what he can do. No wonder he looks so bloody tired towards the end of the season!

But you completely ignore potential. Zaha might bwe worth £15 Million one day, Albert never will.

No ,i quite clearly wrote "both" have potential.how do you know that in 2 or 3 years time Albert. won't be ripping it up in the premiership? Answer.You don't .I don't pretend he's Messi but my original point remains ;is Zaha really fifteen times more valuable than AA ?

I have the impression that some other clubs for whatever reason sell their average to good players for small or indeed large fortunes but when in comes to city we just give our players away.I hope this changes with the new set up

Age and potential must come into it, as does the reputation and status of the buying club. If Chelsea or one of the Manchester clubs wanted Albert the figures would no doubt be much higher.

Of course Zaha isn't 15x better, in fact in league games Abert scored and provided more goals than Zaha last season by some margin and you'd think these tangible figures would be at the forefront of buying clubs' thoughts.

Albert opting to play for Ghana won't have helped his valuation. The African Cup of Nations is viewed as a major nuisance by clubs, and of course there is a premium attached to those eligible for England, like Zaha, whose valuation would probably be considerably reduced had he chosen to represent the Ivory Coast.

Archived