IGNORED

Albert Gone/ Not Gone (Updated Title)

BristolBEAT

Pretty sure AA is under pressure from that scum agent of his and also his international manager to play a higher standard of football.

Does AA really want to go......I don't think so.

He could always sack his agent.....

Pretty sure AA is under pressure from that scum agent of his and also his international manager to play a higher standard of football.

Does AA really want to go......I don't think so.

Yeah, I'd imagine that he will be kicking and screaming joining a higher league and playing European footall (if he joins Wigan) with potentially a decent pay rise.

Yeah, I'd imagine that he will be kicking and screaming joining a higher league and playing European footall (if he joins Wigan) with potentially a decent pay rise.

well he isn't going anywhere unless our valuation is met, I have a feeling he may go in jan or on a free as I don't think ether team are willing to budge,

Hats off to John Lansdown and the Board for fianlly becoming stubbon in the transfer market

Keith Burt is now negotiating transfers isn't he ?

Either way, the club have played a blinder so far this season with transfer negotiations.

Its likely that Albert will move on, but the gist from SOD is that if he aint gone by Wednesday, then Albert is part of this seasons squad. Hard ball indeed.

Thats very much how I've seen things. If he isn't gone by Wednesday he will play against Reading and will be very much part of next seasons squad. Is this a scare tactic to push things with the agent? Maybe.

I just wish he'd hurry up and go ......

Or stay .

Oh for the days of player "slavery "when the club "owned " the player.(haha ! Just in case anyone bites ! )

It's like the différence between freehold and leasehold. The club owns nothing really ,its all done with mirrors and smoke.

Jéhovah's witnesses ,proof that you can't get into heaven with out a tie

Keith Burt is now negotiating transfers isn't he ?

Either way, the club have played a blinder so far this season with transfer negotiations.

Its likely that Albert will move on, but the gist from SOD is that if he aint gone by Wednesday, then Albert is part of this seasons squad. Hard ball indeed.

Through burt possibly but its the board that would set the vaulation imo

There have been a lot of figures mentioned regarding Albert's valuation. What seems to be forgotten is that something or someone is only worth what someone else is prepared to pay.

It's easy to say City should not sell for - e.g. £2m - but if the highest bid is £1m, then that's what he's worth.

There have been a lot of figures mentioned regarding Albert's valuation. What seems to be forgotten is that something or someone is only worth what someone else is prepared to pay.

It's easy to say City should not sell for - e.g. £2m - but if the highest bid is £1m, then that's what he's worth.

so if we were the only team to put a bid in for Bale and only bid 100k then he's only worth that?

Its up to the management and board to set our valuation of a player and if thats not met he will not be sold

so if we were the only team to put a bid in for Bale and only bid 100k then he's only worth that?

Its up to the management and board to set our valuation of a player and if thats not met he will not be sold

Exactly, he's under contract. We might be a league one club, but that should not mean the likes of Wigan can low ball us.

And th end of the day SL still underwrites the club, is loaded and won't be forced into selling a valuable player for pittence, I'm not sure we could replace the likes of Adomah for anything less than 2m.

I hope he plays v Reading and commits himself to stay, sign a new deal...why would he goto Wigan, awful place, Bristol is much nicer.

Only if we sell him for that. Otherwise we're valuing him higher aren't we?

He only has a year left on his contract. The club won't risk him going for nothing next year and from this point on his valuation will only drop regardless of how well he may play in the first few months of the season. It's why Palace were willing to pay £1.5 for him in January but Wigan are barely getting to a £1m now. The lack of other suitors means we can't spark a bidding war so we're left with a basic choice - get a £1m and be a bit annoyed with it or get much less than that, maybe even nothing next summer, but get some more game time out of him. I'm personally in the let him go camp as I think the way SOD wants to develop the team won't suit Albert but I know there are plenty on here who will disagree. That'll just be down to personal opinion of how good you think Albert actually is.

He only has a year left on his contract. The club won't risk him going for nothing next year and from this point on his valuation will only drop regardless of how well he may play in the first few months of the season. It's why Palace were willing to pay £1.5 for him in January but Wigan are barely getting to a £1m now. The lack of other suitors means we can't spark a bidding war so we're left with a basic choice - get a £1m and be a bit annoyed with it or get much less than that, maybe even nothing next summer, but get some more game time out of him. I'm personally in the let him go camp as I think the way SOD wants to develop the team won't suit Albert but I know there are plenty on here who will disagree. That'll just be down to personal opinion of how good you think Albert actually is.

I think the club will tho' they let maynard run his contract down then let him go cheaper in Jan, I'm sure they are prepared to do the same with albert its not as if he's the highest paid here for a start,

The club won't budge nore should they

I think the club will tho' they let maynard run his contract down then let him go cheaper in Jan, I'm sure they are prepared to do the same with albert its not as if he's the highest paid here for a start,

The club won't budge nore should they

Different circumstances though, then we still had SL pumping money in willy nilly, now he says he want club to be more financially prudent, which means accepting offers like this.

The club must decide his value.

If no other club matches it, then it can hardly be anything but great news for us fans if Albert stays.

My confidence in City being an entertaining, chance creating, and at least reasonably high scoring team this season would soar.

Providing SO'D plays him of course. :whistle:

If no other club matches it, then it can hardly be anything but great news for us fans if Albert stays.

My confidence in City being an entertaining, chance creating, and at least reasonably high scoring team this season would soar.

Is it really great that we miss out on the cash and have a player that doesn't want to be here?

Fact is if we don't sell him now he will go for nothing at the end of the season.

Or one-dimensional and defensively weaker depending on your standpoint on Albert....... ;)

Is it really great that we miss out on the cash and have a player that doesn't want to be here?

Fact is if we don't sell him now he will go for nothing at the end of the season.

We don't know that Albert particularly wants to leave, SO'D made it quite clear that his agent advised the transfer request.

If the club feel they can afford to turn down fairly derisory offers from Wigan then what's the problem?

I'm more than happy to be able to watch Albert in a Red shirt for another season.

Or, I suspect, until January, by which time there'll be increased interest after he's torn div.1 defences to shreds for 5 months.

Or one-dimensional and defensively weaker depending on your standpoint on Albert....... ;)

Surprised any City fan is willing to settle for functional unentertaining football from completely uninspiring players after the last 3 years, but each to their own.

I'm looking for entertainment and goals myself.

Surprised any City fan is willing to settle for functional unentertaining football from completely uninspiring players after the last 3 years, but each to their own.

I'm looking for entertainment and goals myself.

I want to be entertained, I don't want to be entertained solely by Albert. If that means we have to lose him to give the team a chance to develop in a different direction I'm happy for that to happen. As good as he's been for us he has played in a team that's failed for three seasons. Sometimes I don't think that's an coincidence.

As good as he's been for us he has played in a team that's failed for three seasons. Sometimes I don't think that's an accident.

Well, we disagree completely on that.

He's been by far our outstanding, and most entertaining player over the last 3 seasons and there have been numerous occasions when only his exceptional ability lit up an otherwise crushingly tedious afternoon.

He needs and deserves better players around him so he can have a bit of space to thrive and not be the sole double marked outlet for our attacks which has been the case all too often. Maybe we've got a few of them now?

I don't want see a team consisting solely of semi skilled athletes masquerading as professional footballers any more when I watch Bristol City - now and again it's important to see something special when you pay to watch football, and Albert Adomah is one of the few capable of providing that magic.

It's hardly his fault, or a stick to beat him with, that over the duration of his time at City a large percentage of his team mates have been so desperately poor - it's obvious from watching him he could be even more of a fantastic asset in a confident team full of assertive and capable players who don't see another predictable pass to double marked Albert as an excuse to sit back and take a breather while he runs himself into the ground.

Well, we disagree completely on that.

He's been by far our outstanding, and most entertaining player over the last 3 seasons and there have been numerous occasions when only his exceptional ability lit up an otherwise crushingly tedious afternoon.

He needs and deserves better players around him so he can have a bit of space to thrive and not be the sole double marked outlet for our attacks which has been the case all too often. Maybe we've got a few of them now?

I don't want see a team consisting solely of semi skilled athletes masquerading as professional footballers any more when I watch Bristol City - now and again it's important to see something special when you pay to watch football, and Albert Adomah is one of the few capable of providing that magic.

It's hardly his fault, or a stick to beat him with, that over the duration of his time at City a large percentage of his team mates have been so desperately poor - it's obvious from watching him he could be even more of a fantastic asset in a confident team full of assertive and capable players who don't see another predictable pass to double marked Albert as an excuse to sit back and take a breather while he runs himself into the ground.

Bang on.

He will become a better player in a better side and I genuinely hope he plays premiership football at some stage.

I have stated before that my only regret during his time here is that he has never played in a successful or even half decent City side. Certainly not on a consistent basis anyway, so would probably haven't seen just how good he could have been. Plus the fact he has played under some pretty clueless managers.

How anyone can even begin to consider Albert as a reason for the past few awful seasons is very bizarre.

I would like AA to stay. I hope the board have evaluated his value against his worth to the promotion cause. In real terms, promotion is going to be worth much more to the club in terms of TV, advertising, player value, share price etc than the reported £850k Wigan have offered. If the board feel keeping AA and risking losing him for nothing at the end of the year is going to give us the best chance of securing promotion, his worth as an asset is greater than his value.

The fact the no other Prem of Champ club has made an offer (not even Palace) as far as I know also suggests the footballing world don't think he is as good as I do.

The point I made was someone / something is only worth what someone else is prepared to pay. If a player called Bale (I assume this is Gareth Bale) was up for sale then I think it’s reasonable to assume that more clubs than City would be prepared to put in a bid. City’s bid of £100K would be at the bottom of the pile. The highest bid would determine his worth.

At present, if we believe what we are told, only Wigan has submitted a bid for Albert. Should some other club enter the bidding process with a higher bid then this new bid represents the player’s current valuation on the open market. And so it goes on until either an offer is accepted of City refuse to sell.

The management & board can set any valuation they like but if nobody is prepared to meet this valuation then it’s meaningless. The same principle applies to all walks of life. For example, people often have ridiculous expectations of the value of their house when they come to sell it. Estate agents give them a realistic valuation which they ignore and they attempt to sell it at their inflated price. The result - the house doesn’t sell.

This may apply to the Albert situation. City may hold out for an unrealistic fee and end up with Albert leaving for nothing at the end of the season. If he plays regularly and helps City gain promotion then it may be worth it. If he doesn’t figure in SOD’s plans and doesn’t play much, as per last season, then it’s a bad decision.

Archived