IGNORED

Rangers

CIDER NOT CIDRE

Shame some city fans thought it was good to sing pro ira Celtic loving songs

Was shocked to hear that yesterday.

As you may gather, I am no fan of Rangers, but there is no place for sectarian chanting, especially at AG.

It was a small group, no more than 30 and other City fans told them to shut up.

Never thought I'd ever hear 'ooh ah up the RA' at Ashton and I hope I never hear it again.

Surprised no-ones mentioned the Rovers/Rangers flag in the away end.

Apart from a few chants, I think the day passed off very well considering. Would have liked to have seen a bigger City crowd, but it's not football weather.

Was shocked to hear that yesterday.

As you may gather, I am no fan of Rangers, but there is no place for sectarian chanting, especially at AG.

It was a small group, no more than 30 and other City fans told them to shut up.

Never thought I'd ever hear 'ooh ah up the RA' at Ashton and I hope I never hear it again.

Surprised no-ones mentioned the Rovers/Rangers flag in the away end.

Apart from a few chants, I think the day passed off very well considering. Would have liked to have seen a bigger City crowd, but it's not football weather.

Didn't hear the chant you mentioned. All I saw/heard were a few kids singing 'Celtic' and 'Youll never walk alone' to wind up the Rangers fans. As I said they were kids (netters from the EE) and were quickly told to shut up.

i spoke to 4 rangers fans today and they all wanted independence.

That's just a coincidence. There's only a very small percentage of Rangers fans who want independence, since the vast majority are pro-Union and also Royalist. When I say vast majority, I'm talking about roughly 80-90 percent of Gers fans. We're proud to call ourselves British, and proud to be members of the United Kingdom.

As a general rule of thumb most of us have a severe disliking of the little fat ***** Alex Salmond and would like him and his Nationalist party to ram their independence up Salmond's considerably large sphincter.

Even if they were to somehow convince more of us that independence was in everyone's best interests, I doubt if any more than about 20-25% of Rangers fans will vote for independence when push comes to shove because we'll opose any efforts to turn Scotland into a Republic.

Before I leave the forum can I just say thank you to the Bristol City fans for making us very welcome and providing us with such a great day. We wish you well in the future and hope we can return.

You can return in two years time but can we come to Ibrox next season please?

Your having a laugh. Our away support is shocking. If we took 3000 away like they did 80% would be sat down, with about 100 fans trying to make noise.

Haha true we do have a lot of fans who just like to sit in silence you may get the odd moan or groan when we miss place a pass or fuc# up a shot and that's about it.

The two or three rows of rangers sat down yesterday would of been our standers, with everyone else sat down.

Agreed, very rarely do we have the majority stood at an away game (Cardiff last year and Pompey in the cup a few years ago spring to mind). Would love it if we had 90% standers week in week out.

It was great to see the rangers fans although a little embarrassing to be outsung so much, reading reports of celtic fans making an amazing atmosphere and motherwell fans apparantly impressing the morecambe fans it seems clear the scottish fans are louder and more passionate than english fans.

They do seem to have kept a more working class fan, traditional fan if you like where in england its been taken over by families and the middle classes making our stadiums much quieter.

Archived