IGNORED

Another Spanner In The Gas O'toole Box

WhistleHappy

Why hasnt he signed for one then?

colechester are a league one club and he couldn't do a job for them

In the same way that JET could do a job for a Championship team... had a lot of injuries in the last few seasons but stood out massively for Rovers last season

He is actually a fairly decent player, far too good for them anyway. I'm hoping this one will be similar to Dinning scenario.

Given how much Rovers fans were wetting themselves over this player, part of me was hoping we'd end up signing him...and loaning him out somewhere else.

In the same way that JET could do a job for a Championship team... had a lot of injuries in the last few seasons but stood out massively for Rovers last season

but Jet played a 3 seasons in the championship most of the time JJOTcouldn't break in to a league one side and had to drop to his level to get a game,

You wait he will do what he did at Watford and Colchester now he's got that contract he will become lazy

Lad in our office has watched Colchester on and off over the last few years, by no means a fan but has family in that area. He said he is amazed at how excited the gash are getting over this and in his opinion O'Toole is at best very average and at his worst is absolutely shocking. He has no connection with City, gash or Colchester so maybe a fair assessment.

One thing is for sure though, on the back of this great news for them I imagine Season Ticket sales will shoot way past the 2000 mark. Big times ahead then... :laughcont:

I'm pleased with this, at L2 level he is a good player and was instrumental in our rise up the table from bottom on Jan 1st to (at one point at least) almost making the playoffs!

Like others have said, I'm not convinced he's the new Pele like some Gas are (going over the top), and I hope he wasn't just playing for a contract and can maintain his form. If he does perform at the same level this season, he will be a great signing for us. Not sure about a 3 year deal though, 2 years plus option for third would have ben better...

I'm pleased with this, at L2 level he is a good player and was instrumental in our rise up the table from bottom on Jan 1st to (at one point at least) almost making the playoffs!

Like others have said, I'm not convinced he's the new Pele like some Gas are (going over the top), and I hope he wasn't just playing for a contract and can maintain his form. If he does perform at the same level this season, he will be a great signing for us. Not sure about a 3 year deal though, 2 years plus option for third would have ben better...

Not sure a player who nobody wanted and is not good enough for Colchester deserves to be treated like the Messiah like your fans seem to be doing.

Not sure a player who nobody wanted and is not good enough for Colchester deserves to be treated like the Messiah like your fans seem to be doing.

The fans on the Colchester forum wouldn't agree that he isn't good enough for them, they want him to stay and start ahead of their current midfielders.

Maybe some fans are going a bit over the top, but he is too good for league two and it is a fantastic signing. Alongside a very good crop of young players, things are looking positive for us.

They are buzzing about this signing

How would off thought, player joins on loan plays his ass off to win a 3 year contract, enjoy (off course it's happened to every club)

But there joy is unreal

So are you lot so it seems. Oh no.....you don't care about us, I forgot !!!

A good player for you i believe.Must be hard being a Gashead ,it's not easy on the red side , but Flip me the shit you lot have to pût up with beggars belief.

The fans on the Colchester forum wouldn't agree that he isn't good enough for them, they want him to stay and start ahead of their current midfielders.

Maybe some fans are going a bit over the top, but he is too good for league two and it is a fantastic signing. Alongside a very good crop of young players, things are looking positive for us.

What are you basing this on? He can't get a game for an average League one team.

Archived