IGNORED

Another Spanner In The Gas O'toole Box

WhistleHappy

Just the 7 pages on your forum talking about our friendly against Rangers though... ;)

id rather come on here and our other forum than go on our official forum!! anyway im not in denial that we / you dont matter to us , your our rivals and therefore im interested in whats going on over the other side!

Personally i think we as fans have a healthy obession with rovers/city

Not sure a player who nobody wanted and is not good enough for Colchester deserves to be treated like the Messiah like your fans seem to be doing.

Many players don't seem to fit at some clubs but do a great job elsewhere. I'm hoping JJO'T is one of those, obviously not right at Colchester but, on last seasons showing at least, was a key part of our success in the second half of the season, maybe we're just right for him - we'll see for sure this season whether he was a 'one-season wonder' or not.

Many players don't seem to fit at some clubs but do a great job elsewhere. I'm hoping JJO'T is one of those, obviously not right at Colchester but, on last seasons showing at least, was a key part of our success in the second half of the season, maybe we're just right for him - we'll see for sure this season whether he was a 'one-season wonder' or not.

heard you are paying him 3k a week?

I'm not particularly surprised they are over the moon with this signing. According to Gasheads I know he was pretty influential in turning their fortunes around last season. We would be the same if we were involved in a similar situation.

Sounds like alot of expection heaped on one players shoulders though. They might want to be careful about that.

He's always looked a good player, even from his earlier days at Watford.

Was a 'mainstay' under Ward at Colchester so not surprised he's dropped a league to play under him again.

So it is a great signing for them as JET is for us, playing under a manager he likes.

I get the feeling he may well just be a one season wonder, at Watford he was fantastic for them in our first season in the championship which was about his first full season playing for them and then for whatever reason(s) he just simply isn't good enough for them. Moves to Colchester where i suspect the same thing has happened. Unless he has 'beefed up' over the few season he seems the sort of player that doesn't have enough stamina to consistently put in enough good performances because he is to skinny and has little muscle or fat reserves to sustain 46+ games a season.

I know I don't take much notice of our blue neighbours, but I've no idea who this player is, I don't recognise his name. From reading this thread I guess he was on loan last season and they've just signed him.

This got me thinking, how many of their players can I actually name...one, Harrold I think, and that's only cos he's ginger! Oh and of course I can name their manager. That's it.

Years ago, when we played them regularly their team was as well known as our own, Twentyman, Penrice, Mehew, that big nasty one, (Ian Alexander) , holloway, then came Stewart, junior etc etc.

I'm not sure what that proves, just surprised me just how far off my radar they have fallen

heard you are paying him 3k a week?

No idea? But I guess he'll be on the higher end of our salary scale.

I know I don't take much notice of our blue neighbours, but I've no idea who this player is, I don't recognise his name. From reading this thread I guess he was on loan last season and they've just signed him.

This got me thinking, how many of their players can I actually name...one, Harrold I think, and that's only cos he's ginger! Oh and of course I can name their manager. That's it.

Years ago, when we played them regularly their team was as well known as our own, Twentyman, Penrice, Mehew, that big nasty one, (Ian Alexander) , holloway, then came Stewart, junior etc etc.

I'm not sure what that proves, just surprised me just how far off my radar they have fallen

Likewise, it's called growing up I think. When I was a kiddie I could name most of the City players, Alan Walsh, Bob Taylor, Andy Llewellyn, Dave Smith, Robbie Turner etc. Now I have no idea who plays for City - similarly I could name pretty much every Premier League (or Division 1 as it was then!) squad etc but can only name the 'key' players now.

Now I tend to focus on the Rovers and am not as clued up on other teams including our friends from South of the river

Not like sad sags to be enthused about anything that's actually sag related, other than their 'rivalry' with us.. are they finally getting little lives of their own?.. bless..........

Although let's face it, July is the ultimate month for irrational football optimism, we're unbeaten in the league since May don't you know? It's definitely going to be our season, lads! you reds !!!!!!

I think it probably proves you are a bit of a liar, TBH.

Likewise, it's called growing up I think. When I was a kiddie I could name most of the City players, Alan Walsh, Bob Taylor, Andy Llewellyn, Dave Smith, Robbie Turner etc. Now I have no idea who plays for City - similarly I could name pretty much every Premier League (or Division 1 as it was then!) squad etc but can only name the 'key' players now.

Now I tend to focus on the Rovers and am not as clued up on other teams including our friends from South of the river

Dont make us laugh think your a closet RED, your on here all the time & commenting on every thread

That's the sad thing about the Bosman ruling and the rise of the 'journeyman' footballer. I think that was a problem for you under your last manager. JW is installing some longer term stability at Rovers, with good experienced pros such as Mildenhall, McCrystal and Harrold fitting in well alongside some really good youngsters coming through.

And yet you still feel the need to spend so much time on this forum endlessly posting drivel. Bit weird.

What am I lying about exactly ? I've been listening to radio commentary, City away matches, and they've gone over to the Gas ground and said some unrecognised player has scored and it takes me a while to work it out of if good or bad news!

With you RedM. Could name maybe 3 or 4 of their players compared to when i was a youngster late 80s early 90s. Could name any gas player put in front of me. Is it because i was a footy mad youngster and hated them so much that i took such an interest? Or is it because we hant played at the same level for a decade plus?

Anyone with footy mad youngsters out there who could name the gas squad?

How does it prove he is a liar?

I'm the same as him... the only player I know of is Garry Kenneth, only because its ripped out of him for being this whale type person. The only bit of news I remember about the Gas in recent years was that some Faroese international left last season because he was homesick or something along those lines. Totally fallen off the radar being in the basement.

What am I lying about exactly ? I've been listening to radio commentary, City away matches, and they've gone over to the Gas ground and said some unrecognised player has scored and it takes me a while to work it out of if good or bad news!

I take it you are a Bristolian and a footie fan and can read/see or converse with other people. Or are you one of those K***heads who won't be mates with people who support the other side ? I'm gas but am not afraid to say I take an interest in what going on at your place.

Now let me give you a clue about why you're lying..........................David Clarkson, ring any bells !

I take it you are a Bristolian and a footie fan and can read/see or converse with other people. Or are you one of those K***heads who won't be mates with people who support the other side ? I'm gas but am not afraid to say I take an interest in what going on at your place.

Now let me give you a clue about why you're lying..........................David Clarkson, ring any bells !

Well well you are getting rather worked up, have I touched a nerve?

Ok Clarkson, yes I remember him, but forgot (or couldn't care less) that he had gone to you. Another poster mentioned Kenneth, yup I remember him too now that he was mentioned, only for being a useless lump of lard who 'played' in the Carey testimonial (which I didn't see as I went to the Olympics ).

What i have realised is that we must not drop down the any further as it looks like even in my home city the lower team isn't really known. Not sure how that makes me a liar though.

Ok Clarkson, yes I remember him, but forgot (or couldn't care less) that he had gone to you. Another poster mentioned Kenneth, yup I remember him too now that he was mentioned, only for being a useless lump of lard who 'played' in the Carey testimonial (which I didn't see as I went to the Olympics ).

What i have realised is that we must not drop down the any further as it looks like even in my home city the lower team isn't really known. Not sure how that makes me a liar though.

Put yer nails away.........growl

You care so little that you join in on a thread about the gas ? Do you not see the irony ?

Sorry, can't believe half of what you say, I think you're just trying to act superior and ending sounding a bit thick really.

You are the one throwing around personal insults, so I'm both a liar and thick. I haven't insulted you, only your team which is fair game afterall.

And what do you mean trying to sound superior, its not difficult, ha ha. Looks like my job is done, night night.

Archived