IGNORED

Real Madrid Bid 85M For Gareth Bale

Brizzle Jordan

No way they make that much per year. Turnover for sure, but not profit.

Weren't they in real trouble a few years ago and the local council bailed them out.....I suppose it helps if The King of Spain (not Ashley Giles) supports you as well. They will never go to the wall

Got a soft spot for Tottenham, as my Dad was a fan, I'd snap their hands off. Build a new team for that money. But when Spain is financially crippled and they have unemployment at levels that we can't even begin to imagine it's completely obscene. Ruining the 'beautiful' game

Not good enough a few seasons back according to 'Arry Redknapp and was going to be loaned to the Championship...

Now a bid of 85M from arguably the biggest club in the world... crazy I tells ya!!

Birmingham for £3m at one point I think too! Didn't he not win a game he started at Spurs in like 16 goes when he first played too? Come on massively, fantastic footballer. Needs to stop all that diving though

Don't think he's that overrated personally, he's a quality, quality player with every attribute going. It's not his fault or the media's fault that Real Madrid are willing to offer silly money.

I agree about him not being the Premier League's best player though. Last season Juan Mata was just out of this world.

Don't think he's that overrated personally, he's a quality, quality player with every attribute going. It's not his fault or the media's fault that Real Madrid are willing to offer silly money.

I agree about him not being the Premier League's best player though. Last season Juan Mata was just out of this world.

I think Bale was rightly awarded player of the year and young player of the year.

Scored so many stunning goals, won Spurs so many points on his own at times and was just the most exciting player to watch.

People always say this about the goals, comparing his goals per game average to the likes of Walcott and Suarez, but there's more to the game than goals. Bale was incredibly exciting to watch, and scored some incredible goals, and I don't begrudge him the player of the year awards at all, but Mata linked the team incredibly and his passing and movement was better than Bale's, it's just that's not the glory statistic.. Let's face it there's going to be some difference in opinion that will influence the final results. I just think in terms of being an all round player the best player last season was Mata personally, with Bale not far behind.

It's a bit shit for Spurs.

Reject 85m and they'll be thought of as bloody stupid but accept it and they'll keep their mini tag as a selling club.

How they should look at it: Are they better off with 85m or a 85m rated player. Real Madrid aren't rivals of theirs, surely it's a no-brainier.

How they should look at it: Are they better off with 85m or a 85m rated player. Real Madrid aren't rivals of theirs, surely it's a no-brainier.

They've also signed Soldado and with 85M could re-invest it in 3 or 4 top class players.

Left Back

Centre Back

Left Winger

Lloris

Walker

New Signing

Vertonghen

New Signing

Paulinho

Sandro

Dembele/Holtby

Lennon

New Signing/Chadli

Saldado

That could still be a really great team with 3 top additions.

Archived