IGNORED

Pre-Season Interviews - Adomah/kelly/flint

Big Hev

I agree, I listened to Albert and its sounds like as soon as next offer comes in im off or if my contract runs out? as for liam Kelly he seemed really miserable but so would I being ruled out 9 months he was looking to be our great midfielder we been looking for. As for Flint he seems down to earth and a great signing he isn't scared to come up against anyone and he knows he got pace alongside him with Williams or Fontaine so futures looking bright good to see Cunningham in the photo. We should be smashing Bradford up Saturday with the team we got Back four is Moloney, Flint, Fontaine, Cunningham now that's a good defence Baldock, Jet, Wagstaff, Albert should be too good for league 1

I wanted adomah to be asked if he would entertain a new contract offer from us. All I got from that interview is he will be gone the second a good offer comes in

Don't be silly. We will never get proper questions for our players. Just the usual crap and the usual crap as the answers.

I dont think there was much point asking about contracts with Adomah.

He wants out ASAP.

Of course he does. Like all players he wants to play in a higher league and earn better money. Who can blame him?

Whilst to window remains open we could well see the best of Albert. He'll know he's in the shop window.

Anyone remember the Maynard situation??? Albert has made it clear where he stands, he would like to play at a higher level which is fair enough, and I dont begrudge him that. But he hasn't chucked his toys out the pram when we rejected wigan, and is being very professional. Like he said, he signed the contract so he'll see it out happily if no other offer came in

Really disappointed with Adomahs interview.

Thought he came across really poor, up himself and want's to go asap.

Not sure how you got that from the interview.

Of course he wants to go to a team in a better league and improve himself, but in that interview he seemed his usual bubbly self willing to help out the club whilst he's still here. He's conducted himself in a professional manner throughout pre-season and is a stark contrast from what Maynard was like when in a similar situation.

Why?

He said he's contracted to Bristol City and until his contract expires or someone wants to sign him he'll be playing for City.

I can't understand why some poster are getting on is back. Sure he wants to go to further his career just anyone in any job who is ambitious.

Not sure how you got that from the interview.

Of course he wants to go to a team in a better league and improve himself, but in that interview he seemed his usual bubbly self willing to help out the club whilst he's still here. He's conducted himself in a professional manner throughout pre-season and is a stark contrast from what Maynard was like when in a similar situation.

"At the moment I'm still here so I believe the squad has the potential to get promotion". - really disliked that phrase.

Was very 'I'll say whatever to please the fans' , it's all about me, I'm better than the club.

IMO there shouldn't of been an interview with him at all.

Where have you been all Summer? He told us nothing new that we knew before! He wants to leave for a higher standard of football but will still commit to City aslong as he's still contracted with City! Surely you can't say fairer than that?

Where have you been all Summer? He told us nothing new that we knew before! He wants to leave for a higher standard of football but will still commit to City aslong as he's still contracted with City! Surely you can't say fairer than that?

He could of said how he wants to play at a higher level, but nothing has materialised and he's committed to the club until something else happens.

Not banging on about leaving either this year or at the end of his contract, every sentence.

Also the fault of the poor questions though.

"At the moment I'm still here so I believe the squad has the potential to get promotion". - really disliked that phrase.

Was very 'I'll say whatever to please the fans' , it's all about me, I'm better than the club.

IMO there shouldn't of been an interview with him at all.

+1

He's put in a transfer request, we already know he wants to leave. If he'd pretended he never wants to leave he'd be called a hypocrite. Agree with Tins though, he shouldn't have been interviewed

SOD when interviewed always looks pissed off with his questions. I know he's shy in front of the camera but he comes across a little arrogant

Same old questions all the time though aint it. I don't think he's arrogant he's just a matter of fact kind of bloke Who cares anyway I'd rather have that than the cheeky one liner barrow boy comments from Johnson.

Of course he does. Like all players he wants to play in a higher league and earn better money. Who can blame him?

Whilst to window remains open we could well see the best of Albert. He'll know he's in the shop window.

Didnt have a go at him for it did I.

Was merely stating why there wasnt much point of the interviewer asking him about contracts etc.

Bizarre choice of interviewees - out of three players, one who has gone public with his desire not to be here and one who will be out for the best part of a year. Any number of young hungry new signings who will be raring to go, and they choose Adomah and Kelly :blink:

Bizarre choice of interviewees - out of three players, one who has gone public with his desire not to be here and one who will be out for the best part of a year. Any number of young hungry new signings who will be raring to go, and they choose Adomah and Kelly :blink:

I wish someone would feed these bloody signings, they've been starving all summer..... :whistle2:

It would have been nice for Albert to say something "I want to say sorry to the fans, to progress my career both club and internationally I want to play at a higher level. I hope you can understand that but until I do go I will try my hardest as I have a great affection for this club that gave me a chance at a higher level"

I think Albert is trying to say the right things in the interview but it doesn't really come out very well. I think he is trying to be respectful and I think he is commited to City for now, I can fully understand him wanting to play at a higher level, no problem with that.

Agree he wasn't the greatest choice of interviewees.

Archived