IGNORED

Time To Go Albert

chivers88

In fairness to AA, while he might not want to be here, he can't go anywhere until the club accept a bid for him.

On that basis, the tricky decision for AOD is will his commitment be good enough to risk playing him, because his ability ( and the wages we are paying him) would certainly justify his inclusion,

After watching Alberts interview I think it's time to go let's face it he don't wanna be here no more he ain't committed to the cause I for one would rather not see him in the team if u don't wanna play for Bristol city then dont! . Players come and go, He's said he's committed while he's here. By the way we are not a big club and and Albert is easily good enough for the Championship, I think you need to grow thicker skin.

You can't win on this forum. Everyone went mental because Maynard kept his mouth shut and nobody knew what was going on. Now albert has come out and been honest people are moaning again. He's too good for league 1 and he doesn't owe us anything. Its football, players ,managers, chairman all move on at some stage. Some people get a bit precious on here.

You can't win on this forum. Everyone went mental because Maynard kept his mouth shut and nobody knew what was going on. Now albert has come out and been honest people are moaning again. He's too good for league 1 and he doesn't owe us anything. Its football, players ,managers, chairman all move on at some stage. Some people get a bit precious on here.

Agree.

What do people expect? He can't go anywhere until a bid is accepted or a club even comes in for him. He has said he is committed to the club. Don't see the problem myself. He wants to go and better himself because he is ambitious and too good for league 1.

Some people have nothing better to do than moan. Seriously need to just get over it.

He's not one to give up and put no effort into games if he doesn't get the move like Maynard did.

I agree with what he says anyway, it is time for him to move on, no way should he be a league one player. With the world cup coming up and him wanting to play for them can you blame him?

He's our best player by miles, if he stays then he'll destroy defenders in this league, if he goes then good luck to him! Deserves a better club.

He's not one to give up and put no effort into games if he doesn't get the move like Maynard did.

I agree with what he says anyway, it is time for him to move on, no way should he be a league one player. With the world cup coming up and him wanting to play for them can you blame him?

He's our best player by miles, if he stays then he'll destroy defenders in this league, if he goes then good luck to him! Deserves a better club.

Well said mate. Just a shame on here that some aren't able to grasp that.

I personally don't see anything wrong with his interview? He says if he stays he's committed and I'm sure SOD will only play him if his attitudes right

He says it but I feel he doesn't mean it. He was too busy talking about leaving really.

know Ill get shot down in flames but he aint fit to lace scottys bootsoverrated no end product 95% of timelovely lovely geezer though!

You won't get shot down by me mate, I tend to agree with you.

Scotty murdered defences and there was an end product much of the time, and he scored goals.

Not sure AA has been here long enough to be called a 'loyal servant' as some have said, but I wish him all the very best. Professional attitude to the end as a great guy.

Very refeshing to have someone like him in modern football....

I think we all know that Albert isn't the sharpest tool in the box, but as far as I can see all he has tried to do in his interview is be honest. At times he may not have worded things in the best way possible and due to this if you watched the interview with the intention of getting annoyed then you would have been able to do so.

Most professional players would have either declined the invitation to have the interview or simply bluffed their away through and tried convincing the world that the transfer request was all in the past and they are now back to being fully committed to us. We all know that as soon as a team offers us an acceptable amount for Albert we will let him go and he will be off to pastures new, so had he attempted to say anything to the contrary my respect for him would have gone down. As it is he gave the best answers any reasonable person can expect. Of course I would choose playing for City over any other, but surely from our players all we can realistically ask for is or them to try their hardest for us until someone better comes along?

I've seen a few people over the past few weeks comparing him to Maynard and for me that is incredibly disrespectful to Albert. He hasn't messed us around, by all accounts he has been perfectly professional in his reaction to talks with Wigan breaking down and I believe him when he says (unlike Maynard) that however long he is at City he will be giving his all every Saturday afternoon. Should he give anything like the performances that Maynard did in his final season then of course he deserves criticism, but he has shown nothing in his three seasons with us that suggest he will do anything other try his best whenever asked.

The sensible decision would probably have been to not interview him when we have plenty of new players that could have been interviewed instead, but I for one have been critical of the club in the past for offering up nothing other than boring, on message interviews riddled with the same old tired clichés so it wouldn't be right for me to then complain when we have todays interview with Albert.

He has been the only bright spark in the last three seasons, not just because of his talent but also his personality, and we shouldn't be finding reasons to try and not like him just because his time with us is coming to an end.

After watching Alberts interview I think it's time to go let's face it he don't wanna be here no more he ain't committed to the cause I for one would rather not see him in the team if u don't wanna play for Bristol city then dont!

I got slated for questioning Albert`s commitment on this forum a little while back.

I said time will tell and it now appears it`s o.k. to question his commitment.

Can't see a problem with his interview, he basically says if someone comes in for him great if not he will give his best. Over the last fee seasons he has been our only highlight although I thought he struggled last season not sure if it was poor form or if teams had just worked out to play him. For me if he stays and SOD thinks he fits his team then utilise him until he goes.

Scotty murdered defences and there was an end product much of the time, and he scored goals.

Not sure AA has been here long enough to be called a 'loyal servant' as some have said, but I wish him all the very best. Professional attitude to the end as a great guy.

Great player though Scotty was for us he played the majority of his career in the third division and didn't last too long at Reading. Having seen both I just about prefer Albert.

I think we all know that Albert isn't the sharpest tool in the box, but as far as I can see all he has tried to do in his interview is be honest. At times he may not have worded things in the best way possible and due to this if you watched the interview with the intention of getting annoyed then you would have been able to do so.

Most professional players would have either declined the invitation to have the interview or simply bluffed their away through and tried convincing the world that the transfer request was all in the past and they are now back to being fully committed to us. We all know that as soon as a team offers us an acceptable amount for Albert we will let him go and he will be off to pastures new, so had he attempted to say anything to the contrary my respect for him would have gone down. As it is he gave the best answers any reasonable person can expect. Of course I would choose playing for City over any other, but surely from our players all we can realistically ask for is or them to try their hardest for us until someone better comes along?

I've seen a few people over the past few weeks comparing him to Maynard and for me that is incredibly disrespectful to Albert. He hasn't messed us around, by all accounts he has been perfectly professional in his reaction to talks with Wigan breaking down and I believe him when he says (unlike Maynard) that however long he is at City he will be giving his all every Saturday afternoon. Should he give anything like the performances that Maynard did in his final season then of course he deserves criticism, but he has shown nothing in his three seasons with us that suggest he will do anything other try his best whenever asked.

The sensible decision would probably have been to not interview him when we have plenty of new players that could have been interviewed instead, but I for one have been critical of the club in the past for offering up nothing other than boring, on message interviews riddled with the same old tired clichés so it wouldn't be right for me to then complain when we have todays interview with Albert.

He has been the only bright spark in the last three seasons, not just because of his talent but also his personality, and we shouldn't be finding reasons to try and not like him just because his time with us is coming to an end.

Can't see a problem with his interview, he basically says if someone comes in for him great if not he will give his best. Over the last fee seasons he has been our only highlight although I thought he struggled last season not sure if it was poor form or if teams had just worked out to play him. For me if he stays and SOD thinks he fits his team then utilise him until he goes.

Good posts guys. Agree with both.

I agree to a certain extent about Scott but he done it in the third tier and struggled at reading in the championship, whereas albert has proved himself at that level.

When a player gives their best for your club and is clearly more talented than the level that you're at, I find it hard to begrudge him a move. I think it'll happen and we'll get well over a million, just be closer to deadline day as a bit of panic sets in. Business has been slow so far for the leagues in general.

That means we should be identifying potential loan signings to come in to give us attacking options in case we don't have time to get a permanent in.

I said its my feeling by listening to his tone of voice and body language.

The interview should of never taken place or published. Bad P.R imo.

Completely agree.

If he said he wanted to stay and then left, people would kick off; if he said he wanted to leave people would kick off.

The interview was incredibly awkward for him, you could see he just wanted to say things to keep everyone happy.

No doubt he'll put 100% in for this club until he's sold.

It's time to go for Albert when the club's asking price is met. Until that happens he will stay a City player and we will benefit from it. Albert is not the sort of person to sulk, of course he'll be disappointed not to be playing at a higher level whilst the likes of Woolford, Stead, Heaton, Skuse, Anderson and Gerken are playing at Championship level, but he's very much a humble person who has risen through football from the lowest level and has always appreciated that.

We've seen his personality is numerous interviews over the years, he's a person who respects the club for what it has done for him, he's been an asset on and off the pitch for City. Even in this short clip on City's YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbJn2mXM6Ss) you can see him joking around with the players', he's not a nuisance to anyone and the longer he stays with us the better. A stark contrast from Maynard's sulky demeanour as he continued to toy with the club a few years ago.

He deserves to play at a higher level, but until a club meets our valuation he absolutely has to stay, especially now we've offloaded Davies. It would be fantastic to watch him play for us at L1 level, personally I'm still clinging onto the hope he'll somehow stay beyond this transfer window, although it would admittedly be unlikely.

Ultimately, we only bought him for 100k, we could sell him at a cut price in January and still make a profit, even if we let him go next summer for free we'd of got our moneys worth.. In the meantime, I firmly believe he'd win us many matches in L1.

It's time to go for Albert when the club's asking price is met. Until that happens he will stay a City player and we will benefit from it. Albert is not the sort of person to sulk, of course he'll be disappointed not to be playing at a higher level whilst the likes of Woolford, Stead, Heaton, Skuse, Anderson and Gerken are playing at Championship level, but he's very much a humble person who has risen through football from the lowest level and has always appreciated that.

We've seen his personality is numerous interviews over the years, he's a person who respects the club for what it has done for him, he's been an asset on and off the pitch for City. Even in this short clip on City's YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbJn2mXM6Ss) you can see him joking around with the players', he's not a nuisance to anyone and the longer he stays with us the better. A stark contrast from Maynard's sulky demeanour as he continued to toy with the club a few years ago.

He deserves to play at a higher level, but until a club meets our valuation he absolutely has to stay, especially now we've offloaded Davies. It would be fantastic to watch him play for us at L1 level, personally I'm still clinging onto the hope he'll somehow stay beyond this transfer window, although it would admittedly be unlikely.

Ultimately, we only bought him for 100k, we could sell him at a cut price in January and still make a profit, even if we let him go next summer for free we'd of got our moneys worth.. In the meantime, I firmly believe he'd win us many matches in L1.

He will get when City either sell him for what is offered, or at the end of the season for free.

I still worry his mind won't be in the right place on Saturday though.

Archived