IGNORED

Time To Go Albert

chivers88

It's time to go for Albert when the club's asking price is met. Until that happens he will stay a City player and we will benefit from it. Albert is not the sort of person to sulk, of course he'll be disappointed not to be playing at a higher level whilst the likes of Woolford, Stead, Heaton, Skuse, Anderson and Gerken are playing at Championship level, but he's very much a humble person who has risen through football from the lowest level and has always appreciated that.

We've seen his personality is numerous interviews over the years, he's a person who respects the club for what it has done for him, he's been an asset on and off the pitch for City. Even in this short clip on City's YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbJn2mXM6Ss) you can see him joking around with the players', he's not a nuisance to anyone and the longer he stays with us the better. A stark contrast from Maynard's sulky demeanour as he continued to toy with the club a few years ago.

He deserves to play at a higher level, but until a club meets our valuation he absolutely has to stay, especially now we've offloaded Davies. It would be fantastic to watch him play for us at L1 level, personally I'm still clinging onto the hope he'll somehow stay beyond this transfer window, although it would admittedly be unlikely.

Ultimately, we only bought him for 100k, we could sell him at a cut price in January and still make a profit, even if we let him go next summer for free we'd of got our moneys worth.. In the meantime, I firmly believe he'd win us many matches in L1.

My thoughts exactly. Superb post fella.

I am still clinging onto the hope that somehow he will stay, but I genuinely hope he goes onto play at the top level. I am not sure Wigan would be right for him though? I know McManaman is injured but would Albert get in ahead of him when fit? Or would Coyle play them both on either side?

I think he will rip league 1 apart. Whatever happens I hope to see him go to Brazil.

If Albert is still with us when the transfer window closes I'm certain he will apply himself in every game he plays (good or bad) as he always has - professionally.

Would be enjoyable to watch him run at weaker defences...

My only reservation is Albert getting crocked by a meathead defender.

Laughable really isn't it, no doubt he will be classed a as legend to some Fans too.

No doubt he has talent, but a good servant and legend is a bit over the top!

not a legend, a good servant is fair. He's played well and worked hard for 3 seasons and hasn't been sulky about leaving. I think Good servant is fair.

by representing the club in a positive way in the last 3 years! What has his wages got to do with anything? He's been a good player during some depressing times at this club! What's your beef chief?

I've got no beef. Just think a good servant for what someone is contracted to do for 3 years is a bit over the top.

I'm not saying he's a living legend or a Demi god I'm just saying that in his 3 years he's gone about his job in a good way! IMO of course

Apart from requesting to leave, although he signed the contract in the first place.

Doesn't like to stick around during the tough times aye!

A good servant? He doesn't even want to see out his contract!

If someone came to you in work and said. If you come and work for me i will give you better working conditions (championship) a substantial pay rise and a chance to further your career, are you telling me you wouldn't take it. Because i would.

I'm not saying he's a living legend or a Demi god I'm just saying that in his 3 years he's gone about his job in a good way! IMO of course

New song for run down the wing

Alberts a demi god,

Alberts a demi god,

Alberts a Demi god

Alberts a Demi god

Albert, Albert adomah

A good servant to me

Alberts a demi god,

Alberts a demi god,

Alberts a Demi god

Alberts a Demi god

If someone came to you in work and said. If you come and work for me i will give you better working conditions (championship) a substantial pay rise and a chance to further your career, are you telling me you wouldn't take it. Because i would.

I would say put in a decent offer for me and the club will accept, if you want me that much then you will do.

Other I won't try and force my way out otherwise if no deal happens I'll look a right wally when interviewed by my current work for the customers.

he wants to play at a higher level which also will help him to get in the Ghana squad for the World Cup which I don't blame him for!

I don't blame him for that. But he should wait for a reasonable bid to come in for him.

By putting in a transfer request all he is doing is wanting City to lower their asking price.

For me he came across really poorly in that interview. I'm not sure if he meant to come across as being arrogant, but the comment about promotion and "well I'm here so" doesn't sit well with me. He almost came across, to me, as I'm bigger than the club, I've got interest, and as soon as the club can agree a fee with someone I'm off.

I'm sorry Albert, but nobody is bigger than Bristol City, I think you're over hyped, and I'll be glad to get a £1m for you.

Just my opinion.

By putting in a transfer request all he is doing is wanting City to lower their asking price.

Sort of. He's also making it possible for them to do so by waiving a year's salary. That's all a written transfer request actually does. Other than that it's no different than telling the club verbally or via an agent you want to talk to a bidder.

Bottom line - we're going to be better with a want away Albert on the pitch than in the stand, so we should play him and keep the relationship good.

Sort of. He's also making it possible for them to do so by waiving a year's salary. That's all a written transfer request actually does. Other than that it's no different than telling the club verbally or via an agent you want to talk to a bidder.

Bottom line - we're going to be better with a want away Albert on the pitch than in the stand, so we should play him and keep the relationship good.

I never understand why we have to pay his final salary if he goes to another club?

Surely we need to write into contracts that they get paid weekly, for every week they are at the club.

Funny how people feel let down by what he said. When AA sounded like a knob talking shite for the past few years he is called funny and a legend. Now he is talking like a knob about leaving, he is a dick.

Lets get this right. AA has never been the sharpest tool in the box. He always sounded like a idiot, which people seem to like (why I don't know, it seems people like a thicko, and anyone sounding like they have a bit about them deemed up themselves or posh in a lot of today's society)

AA hasn't changed people's perception has changed because it isn't what they want to hear.

No change for me, still talks like a numbnutz, still on his day brilliant, still the guy we have the best chsnce of selling, still the bloke who at the time pretty much chose to leave Barnet for us.

Get over it he is a footballer, doing what footballers do, just happens to appear to be of lower intelligence than most (if he is, who knows!)

Albert is so popular because of how he provided us 1) with quality that was too good for a side in our position 2) his reactions to fans....anyone remember west ham away when he spent a good 10 mins I the away end section geiving his shirt etc.

He has shown a real respect for us fans in some little things he has done....not many other players have done this

I don't blame him for that. But he should wait for a reasonable bid to come in for him.

But by putting a transfer request he could also save the club a lot of money, they won't be force to compensate him unlike when club is the party to initiate the transfer.

Good luck to him I say, I also have no doubt whilst he is here he will give 100%.

In fairness to AA, while he might not want to be here, he can't go anywhere until the club accept a bid for him.

On that basis, the tricky decision for AOD is will his commitment be good enough to risk playing him, because his ability ( and the wages we are paying him) would certainly justify his inclusion,

He's inconsistent and overrated, in my view.

Albert is so popular because of how he provided us 1) with quality that was too good for a side in our position 2) his reactions to fans....anyone remember west ham away when he spent a good 10 mins I the away end section geiving his shirt etc.

He has shown a real respect for us fans in some little things he has done....not many other players have done this

Sums him up perfectly for me

I really don't understand why Albert is getting beaten with a big stick by some fans. He has a year to run on his contract and has let the board know he won't be signing a new deal. He could have left it at that knowing the club would be looking to off load him before his value fell. As for him being a good/loyal servant, that's just a turn of phrase but I'd say he's been a very good player for us. I've read some posts saying he's over rated, well everyones entitled to their opinion. But playing Devils Advocate it could be argued he's been under rated given some teams have double or trebled up on him (which could mean that 1 or 2 of our players didn't warrant marking at all!) coupled with the fact he has achieved international recognition whilst playing in a very poor team.

But getting back to the point of this thread, yes it is time for Albert to seek out new pastures. He wants to go and play at the highest level he can and the club want him to go to bring in revenue. The guy has been committed to the club for three years and when he returns to Ashton Gate I will happily stand and clap him unlike a former striker who did shaft the club.

I really don't understand why Albert is getting beaten with a big stick by some fans. He has a year to run on his contract and has let the board know he won't be signing a new deal. He could have left it at that knowing the club would be looking to off load him before his value fell. As for him being a good/loyal servant, that's just a turn of phrase but I'd say he's been a very good player for us. I've read some posts saying he's over rated, well everyones entitled to their opinion. But playing Devils Advocate it could be argued he's been under rated given some teams have double or trebled up on him (which could mean that 1 or 2 of our players didn't warrant marking at all!) coupled with the fact he has achieved international recognition whilst playing in a very poor team.

But getting back to the point of this thread, yes it is time for Albert to seek out new pastures. He wants to go and play at the highest level he can and the club want him to go to bring in revenue. The guy has been committed to the club for three years and when he returns to Ashton Gate I will happily stand and clap him unlike a former striker who did shaft the club.

Can I ask, how did Maynard shaft the club?

For those of you doubting Albert's integrity, you should read an article in the Bountyhunter (can't remember which issue) about his visit to a local primary school where one of the writers of the BH works. It shows that he has a bit of character, maybe not the deep thinking type, but a good character.

He has been the sole chink of light for the past few seasons - we should appreciate his last few games. He will go by the end of the window as he needs to play at a higher level to have a chance to go to the World Cup.

Archived