IGNORED

Boro In For Albert

westonred

On the middlesborough forum they seem to think we may get striker curtis main on loan as part of the deal, anyone know about him?

Signed him from Darlington i believe a couple years ago, never prolific for them and hasnt really done much in a Boro shirt either. saying that probably hasnt had the chance to with McDonald And lukas Jutki..... (former coventry striker) and emmnes. Id pass personally but who knows her could be good. fairly big and strong from what i remember when seeing him play for them.

On the middlesborough forum they seem to think we may get striker curtis main on loan as part of the deal, anyone know about him?

Middlesbrough fan here, Curtis main is a young striker, very strong and fast, equally good with both feet (one of the most 2 footed players I've seen) and good in the air, has a rocket of a shot.

However he could work on his passing and dribbling.

I think his best asset is him being clinical in front of goal (I can't think of him missing a chance)

He could do with a season where he goes out on loan and consistently gets a game and I could see him getting around 20 goals if he gets good service

Middlesbrough fan here, Curtis main is a young striker, very strong and fast, equally good with both feet (one of the most 2 footed players I've seen) and good in the air, has a rocket of a shot.

However he could work on his passing and dribbling.

I think his best asset is him being clinical in front of goal (I can't think of him missing a chance)

He could do with a season where he goes out on loan and consistently gets a game and I could see him getting around 20 goals if he gets good service

Sounds like the sort of player we need, we don't have a real clinical striker and he could be the missing link,

Having not seen too much of him, what are adomah's strong and weak points?

+ Personality, excitement, running directly at defenders 1 on 1, pace, bums on seats and then off again, beating his man in tight spaces, weighs in with a few goals, on his day - as you found out last season - unplayable...

- Seems ineffective when teams put 2 men on him, gets tired very easily, inconsistent, can go missing (although he has arguably been our only good player for the past 3 yrs) not very good at defending, not the best crosser, Ghanaian international (so ACON and long distance international flights), on his day - frustrating...

• Admin

For those against caring whether he does well after leaving us....I would hope we'll include a sell on feee clause so I would like him to do so well he has Barca, Real, Bayern & the two Manchesters - City & Salford fighting to sign him for a new world record fee. But that's just me.

The impact of him leaving is that as he requested a transfer he has given up his right to the so-called "loyalty bonus" of being entitled to have his contract paid up. I suspect that his wages alone would cover the wages of the two Marlons. Then any payments from the fee we receive in the 1st year would allow for a pretty decent L1 standard striker to come in too.

Our favourite, resident EP :gasmask: ,.....sorry reporter, has tweeted that we are 'haggling' with Boro over AA's fee.

Why the f00k would we have to haggle you ****, if Boro don't come up with enough cash....they can f00k off. SIMPLES!!!

And do you honestly think he'd have been our one true saviour if he'd forsaken the ACN? Hell, he did us a favour, showing other teams what he can do when he;s not surrounded by a team made up of garbage players meaning the likes of Boro and Wigan can see his potential, something that was stagnating here.
I'm not bothered if he leaves, nor see him as a saint, but slagging him off because he's asked to leave after three crap years is hardly bad form. In fact, I'd like all our players to be this ambitious and driven.

I didnt comment at all on the ACN.

I also havent "slagged him off".

I was expressing my own opinion that I dont give a monkeys that he goes. Im actually thinking the sooner the better as he clearly doesnt want to be here, and we can do with the funds to bring in players that do wanna be here.

Don't get carried away -only £900,000 according to Daily Mail:-

Middlesbrough are in talks with Bristol City over a £900,000 move for Albert Adomah.

The Ghana winger, 25, was the subject of a failed offer from Wigan last week.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2382831/Middlesbrough-hoping-complete-Bristol-City-winger-Albert-Adomah.html#ixzz2an1KZwon

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

£900k would do.

The alternative is to lose for sweet FA next summer, as if Albert doesn't want to be here there's no guarantees he's going to tear up L1 and get any good offers in January. Sooner this is done the better.

I wish Albert well in his next move, but we could do with the money to strengthen and we need to maximise what we get for him, and that means selling sharpish.

£900k would do.

The alternative is to lose for sweet FA next summer, as if Albert doesn't want to be here there's no guarantees he's going to tear up L1 and get any good offers in January. Sooner this is done the better.

I wish Albert well in his next move, but we could do with the money to strengthen and we need to maximise what we get for him, and that means selling sharpish.

If they don't meet our valuation keep him and play him

He isn't going to and isn't the sort of player to play Bad because he's sulking, remember he wants a move and it's wold cup year if he stays here he is going to play at 200% to impress suitors

£900k would do.

To get Pack Harewood and another striker in now -I think you are right!

Archived