IGNORED

Boro In For Albert

westonred

Carsons a left winger

wagstaff burns and jet can play ether, both wide midfield and wing role but as SoD rarely uses wingers opting to wide midfielder then we don't really need the lad,

we don't need to add to the wage bill needlessly

1m plus and he can go - exciting player on his day, but a typical english winger with mixed end product who fades in and out of games. defintely had to carry the team while here and i dont begrudge him the chance to play in a better side.

i think a london born player choosing to leave us for a month to represent an african side damaged his relationship with the fans a bit, and we'll never know if we would have stayed up had he not chosen to represent ghana despite being from england - but thats all speculation now

good luck to him, time to draw a line under it

1m plus and he can go - exciting player on his day, but a typical english winger with mixed end product who fades in and out of games. defintely had to carry the team while here and i dont begrudge him the chance to play in a better side.

i think a london born player choosing to leave us for a month to represent an african side damaged his relationship with the fans a bit, and we'll never know if we would have stayed up had he not chosen to represent ghana despite being from england - but thats all speculation now

good luck to him, time to draw a line under it

where was Marv born?

Was Carson actually any good in the 1 friendly he appeared in? I'd have no problem signing him if he's any good, but if he's just there to make up the numbers, I'd rather we gave some of our own kids a chance

PS did we ever find out who 'Vincent Price' was?

Difficult to judge him on one game.

WTF does 'this' mean?

It means someone wants to increase the number of posts they have made without actually bothering to say anything new. It seems to have replaced “+1”.

If they thought the original post was good and replied “Gert Lush” or “Proper Job” then it would not be so bad, but “this”……………..?

wagstaff burns and jet can play ether, both wide midfield and wing role but as SoD rarely uses wingers opting to wide midfielder then we don't really need the lad,

No your right, I suspect S'OD has him down on trial and playing in friendlies just to give the lad something to do. Not because he thinks we might be short if Adomah leaves.....

Difficult to judge him on one game.

Fair enough, but people seem to be insisting that we should sign him once Albert's gone, but I think that's why Wagstaff is here. I wouldn't want him to come in as back up if he ends up being a barrier to Bryan (who I actually think will start tomorrow) or Burns or Ajala or even the even younger generation like Jordan and Dobie, if he's not considerably better than they are

No your right, I suspect S'OD has him down on trial and playing in friendlies just to give the lad something to do. Not because he thinks we might be short if Adomah leaves.....

he played 80 mins in 1 friendly against weston and we've heard nothing while the two trialists we intend to sign played one full game Harewood then played another few halfs as well as training with us for a few weeks,

The fact SoD talked and activly tried to sign both pack and Harewood where as all the other trialist haven't had so much of a mention says all you need to know,

If we wanted carson for the first team he would of been here and played against bournmouth, if and thats a big if we sign him it would be forthe under 21's only

JET won't play wide this season Monk. Not unless we are desperate. We have plenty of cover on the left hand side with Bryan, King and Pearson. I just feel we will be a little light on the right side as we realistically only have Wagstaff and Ajala, as it's very unlikely he will play Burns out on the right wing. Part of the reason SoD recalled Burns from FGR was that he was being used as a winger. Albeit on the left.

Considering he doesn't like playing with out and out wingers I would be very surprised if he was to use Burns out there that much. Perhaps occasionally as an impact sub.

It means someone wants to increase the number of posts they have made without actually bothering to say anything new. It seems to have replaced “+1”.

If they thought the original post was good and replied “Gert Lush” or “Proper Job” then it would not be so bad, but “this”……………..?

I must admit, I tend to get annoyed by people quoting long posts just to add a "+1" or "this" - especially when trying to read the forum on a phone! That's what the "like this" button is for chaps....

JET won't play wide this season Monk. Not unless we are desperate. We have plenty of cover on the left hand side with Bryan, King and Pearson. I just feel we will be a little light on the right side as we realistically only have Wagstaff and Ajala, as it's very unlikely he will play Burns out on the right wing. Part of the reason SoD recalled Burns from FGR was that he was being used as a winger. Albeit on the left.

Considering he doesn't like playing with out and out wingers I would be very surprised if he was to use Burns out there that much. Perhaps occasionally as an impact sub.

Burns can play ether wing Jet can play any attacking role wagstaff can play any role across the midfield pearson when fit can play on the left maloney can pla right midfield

we have plenty of cover we should sign him for signings sake it wastes wages that could be spent better on a loan if we have a problem, remember we are limited in the amount of wages we can spend,

The Boro forums seem to think other clubs have come in for him too:

http://www.oneboro.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=4922&page=1050

It looks like the Adomah transfer is going to drag on for a bit, there are other clubs negotiating with his agent and Bristol City .
The Adomah transfer is far from dead but we are not currently in the home stretch as other clubs have entered the race for him.

he played 80 mins in 1 friendly against weston and we've heard nothing while the two trialists we intend to sign played one full game Harewood then played another few halfs as well as training with us for a few weeks,

The fact SoD talked and activly tried to sign both pack and Harewood where as all the other trialist haven't had so much of a mention says all you need to know,

If we wanted carson for the first team he would of been here and played against bournmouth, if and thats a big if we sign him it would be forthe under 21's only

Why? We still had adomah. 31 appearances for Ipswich and a couple of caps for the Northern Ireland senior team - no chance would he come down just for the U21's.

As I said, S'OD didn't just have him down here for fun. He was/is clearly being considered as a prospective signing.

McCarty has said that Carson is still with us and is available for free, he only came down to us monday according to McCarthy so he couldn't have played at bournemouth.

He's play 30 games at Championship level, he's not going to be a player we sign to play in the u21's, if we sign him.

Why? We still had adomah. 31 appearances for Ipswich and a couple of caps for the Northern Ireland senior team - no chance would he come down just for the U21's.

As I said, S'OD didn't just have him down here for fun. He was/is clearly being considered as a prospective signing.

so why has sod activlely talked about trying to get pack and harewood on board yet said nothing about this guy?

Archived