IGNORED

How Did Jet Play?

ajs202

Seems to have mixed views.

I thought he looked dangerous and the Bradford defence struggles to handle him....at times his touch was poor but at the same time looked. Y far our most creative and dangerous player.

I thought for brief spells he was almost unplayable, no doubt others will disagree.

Either way he scored and set one up, and in my opinion I thought he had real class, even if a bit sloppy at times.

Quite skilful when he actually had the ball at his feet , is obviously confident in his ability and a cool finish. I personally think will be a good signing for us but you can see why he could be perceived as lazy

Yeah that sums it up pretty well. I can see him frustrating many fans. He obviously has the ability..............

he's more of a glancing header type than a back to goal or bullet header guy, for a big lad he gets pushed off the ball easily IMO. I think his first touch is off at times, SOD says he needs to improve his fitness. However, when you give him the ball he does things. A goal and an assist.

Our play this season is going to go through him a lot.

Think we saw what he'll bring today, quality goal and some excellent link up play.

He'll also frustrate at times but at our new level will often look a class apart, I think.

I don't think he's lazy at all, his demeanour could be perceived as that but he is constantly talking and might put his hand up to say he doesn't want a pass if he's not in a great position. I think he's quite clever and in my opinion played well. You've got to remember some of these lads have only played a few games since Christmas, if that.

Thought he showed glimpses of what he can do when he had the ball but I'm assuming he's still not match fit as he showed little else. Not knocking him though as I thought he did ok but when he didn't have the ball he seemed a little out of it.

There were a few moments when he showed his strength well too muscling players off the ball.

he's more of a glancing header type than a back to goal or bullet header guy, for a big lad he gets pushed off the ball easily IMO. I think his first touch is off at times, SOD says he needs to improve his fitness. However, when you give him the ball he does things. A goal and an assist.

I thought the opposite, CR. He was one of our few players who can't be hustled off the ball easily. For his goal, he held off two midfielders successfully to make loads of ground and to pass to Baldock and then held off a defender to score.

He seems to combine with Sam quite well. Fitness might be a concern, but for my money he was Robbo Construction's MotM.

I feel JET's performance today was in some ways a microcosm of how I see his time at City going. Some excellent moments mixed in with some pretty ordinary ones.

He is easily one of the most talented players in this league and at times will do things that any other player in our squad couldn't even dream of doing.

When he is on his game and things are going for him he will win games on his own.

Some fans will absolutely love him and defend his weaknesses due to him being such a special talent. (I fully expect myself to be firmly in this camp)

On the other hand;

He will at time appear lazy and lackadaisical and will make sloppy errors that leave you tearing your hair out.

There will be games when he is largely anonymous and appears somewhat of a waste of time.

And his languid style and the fact that just like every other flair player in the world he will have his off days means that he will irritate some fans greatly.

One thing is for certain is that I am heartened that for the first time in a while we have a manager that not only appreciates talent, but will attempt to find away to get the best from his most dangerous players. I think we have all seen enough managers at Ashton Gate who appear somewhat frightened of flair players and prefer marathon runners.

Archived