IGNORED

Marlon Pack

Scrumpy_247

Correct Fontaine at fault for 2nd goal. Be interesting how SOD plans to play if manages to get another striker in as to fit in Baldock & JET a midfielder will have to drop out unless play 3 at back. Could that be his long term plan? Saw that couple of times in pre-season.

I think Jet will be a main starter for us in that holding no.10 role although maybe sometimes Harewood will be up top if playing certain teams? So then that leaves Baldock competing with the new striker for a starting place/injuries. I don't see space for Jet in a 4 man midfield could be wrong though.

See. Told you so.

Been trying to get City to sign this lad for 3 years!!

Really???

Really?? Would that be the second goal where Fontaine let his man get in front of him at the near post?? What did Pack have to do with that?

I'm with you, can't see how pack is at fault for the 2nd goal.

I'm with you, can't see how pack is at fault for the 2nd goal.

Pack was in near post and got no where near the ball.

The biggest failure was the lack of ANY player on the back post to clear those types of balls. Well worked goal from Bradford, school boy defending from City.

Pack was in near post and got no where near the ball.

The biggest failure was the lack of ANY player on the back post to clear those types of balls. Well worked goal from Bradford, school boy defending from City.

Fontaine let his man get away from him, his error. Pack could only try to stop it once Fontaine had made the mistake,

Dare I say it, he's a little like carrick. Great on the ball, quick and accurate passer and plays an anchor role.

Just what we need though. Wynter is the link between defence and midfield and pack the link between midfield and the front men.

I can see pack laying on many goals for baldock this season if he claims a starting spot

Fontaine let his man get away from him, his error. Pack could only try to stop it once Fontaine had made the mistake,

Exactly, pack was put in a position where he was damned if he did and damned if he didn't by a quite terrible bit of defending by fonts. Fontaine let his man get across him and then failed to make a challenge, this left pack to attempt to make a challenge even though he was probably a yard away from getting anywhere near it.

Exactly how i saw it.

I've just watched it again 7 times to see if any blame can be put on pack and IMO there is not.

Fonts lets his man go from the penalty spot on a diagonal front left run who gets a decent header unchallenged from Fontaine.

Pack positions himself 2 yards off the line and can't get there quick enough to stop Fontaines runner getting his head on it.

However, if we have a man on the back post this thread does'nt exist!!

Pack came on and looked excellent. He played assured, composed football, was quick thinking and quick to find the 'Correct' pass.

He was played very deep... just in front of Fonts... I get the feeling SoD saw Fonts was struggling and needed the extra support.

Fonts lost his man at the near post for their second goal... it had nothing to do with Pack.

If he continues in the same vein as yesterday, he will be our best asset by miles. I seriously can't believe other teams haven't come in for him if that's how he plays.

I think we have some very assured 'Footballers' in Midfield now.

Creative, able to keep possession, and able to defend. Wynter, Wagstaff and Pack all showed they can defend without being a 'Bull in a China shop'... by using their body to usher danger away or just 'holding' off the player. Sensible... hopefully this continues.

With the addition of Bryan with his work rate and creativity and Kilkennys ability to keep possession, dictate pace, slow the game down and allow the team to re shape and keep the ball moving, then all in all a pleasant surprise and far better to watch than anything we've been served up in the last few years.

Pack came on and looked excellent. He played assured, composed football, was quick thinking and quick to find the 'Correct' pass.

He was played very deep... just in front of Fonts... I get the feeling SoD saw Fonts was struggling and needed the extra support.

Fonts lost his man at the near post for their second goal... it had nothing to do with Pack.

If he continues in the same vein as yesterday, he will be our best asset by miles. I seriously can't believe other teams haven't come in for him if that's how he plays.

I think we have some very assured 'Footballers' in Midfield now.

Creative, able to keep possession, and able to defend. Wynter, Wagstaff and Pack all showed they can defend without being a 'Bull in a China shop'... by using their body to usher danger away or just 'holding' off the player. Sensible... hopefully this continues.

With the addition of Bryan with his work rate and creativity and Kilkennys ability to keep possession, dictate pace, slow the game down and allow the team to re shape and keep the ball moving, then all in all a pleasant surprise and far better to watch than anything we've been served up in the last few years.

For me, if he'd started & played as he did as a sub, he would have been MOM. More promising than JET or Wynter. Possibly ahead of Wynter to start, rather than Kilkenny (K being ahead of W largely on experience).

For me, if he'd started & played as he did as a sub, he would have been MOM. More promising than JET or Wynter. Possibly ahead of Wynter to start, rather than Kilkenny (K being ahead of W largely on experience).

They all have different aspects to their game, that makes us a balanced team. Each player bringing their individual attributes.

JET and Wynter both did what was asked of them. It all depends on what game plan we have and what weaknesses and strengths the opposition have. I'm sure SoD will use them all at different stages of the season... it looks nice and balanced for a change imho.

I agree, it does look much more balanced and versatile than in the past.

I'd like to see Pack and Wynter start on Tuesday with Williams at the back.

I'm more confident of a result in a cup competition now.

Agree with that, would like to see a Williams & Flint partnership ASAP, it's pivotal for success, it's clear we can't rely on Faultaine (based on last season).

Very impressed with Pack, he could make the correct pass and put the exact amount of weight on it too. Also did anyone notice how much organising he was doing too, telling other players where to be. A very confident player, nice to see.

Archived