IGNORED

Dr Who

Mendip City

I've only been around since 1993.

He looks a little familiar from something I've maybe watched but the name doesn't ring any bells.

You would have seen him in loads of things even kids tv when you were growing up.

Granted one of those who people are not sure of his name.

The new Doctor Who..................

50 years ago when William Hartnell changed into Patrick Troughton we were told we were now seeing the Doctor in a different stage of his life. OK fair enough, but all the changes (due to different actors) in height & build are not compatible with that. It does suggest that all actors who play the role must be white & male. A scriptwriter on TV tonight stated that time lords can change sex. He didn't mention ethnic origin though.

Also the first few Doctors travelled through space & time. When he travelled back in history, he told his assistants they could not change history. For example they could not give the Aztecs a pulley. Before leaving the Tardis, all aboard would change into appropriate clothing for that age & climate. Travelling through space and the current time appears to be the remit these days.

Finally 50 years ago, the Doctor's first assistant was his grand daughter. We've never even heard of, let alone seen his son and/or daughter.

50 years ago when William Hartnell changed into Patrick Troughton we were told we were now seeing the Doctor in a different stage of his life. OK fair enough, but all the changes (due to different actors) in height & build are not compatible with that. It does suggest that all actors who play the role must be white & male. A scriptwriter on TV tonight stated that time lords can change sex. He didn't mention ethnic origin though.

Also the first few Doctors travelled through space & time. When he travelled back in history, he told his assistants they could not change history. For example they could not give the Aztecs a pulley. Before leaving the Tardis, all aboard would change into appropriate clothing for that age & climate. Travelling through space and the current time appears to be the remit these days.

Finally 50 years ago, the Doctor's first assistant was his grand daughter. We've never even heard of, let alone seen his son and/or daughter.

I don't think it suggests that at all

David Tennants wife, also known as Peter Davidsons daughter, played his (The Doctors) daughter in one episode.

Surprised - I thought with all the feminista's shouting lately that we might have seen our first female Dr -

Peter Capaldi is a great actor - think he could bring alot to the role, though also surprised they went with a older actor... but hey - i'm happy, think he'll be great.

Surprised - I thought with all the feminista's shouting lately that we might have seen our first female Dr -

Peter Capaldi is a great actor - think he could bring alot to the role, though also surprised they went with a older actor... but hey - i'm happy, think he'll be great.

You shouldn't be surprised, as bookmakers stopped taking money on him getting the job weeks ago.

The problem is that the new Doctors will get into a run of getting younger and younger and we may have a 12 year old playing the doctor in 10 years!

I think Capaldi will be great, he has the experience and dramatic acting talent Matt Smith has missed. Will hopefully be slightly darker ala Eccleston.

David Tennents last 2 episodes were so moving, can't imagine Matt Smith being as good as that.

Brilliant. Love the character malcom tucker and hopefully he brings a bit of it to the dr. I try and base as much of my working day around tucker as i can. Makes work alot more enjoyable thats for sure.

Haha brilliant post. I do the same at work!! Though my best Malcolm Tucker behaviour has been reserved for Ashton Gate over the last couple of seasons!!!!

Archived