IGNORED

Gareth Bale

AshtonGreat

Me too. Its back-page headline so could be some truth in it. Just goes to show that modern footballers and their agents are mercenaries

You don't have a clue what conversations Bale has had with Levy for him to go down this path.

Playing devils advocate, does Bale have a right to feel aggrieved? The most famous club in the world has bid a ludicrous amount of money for him, he wants to go but his current club aren't listening. I don't agree with him sulking in a corner and refusing to train, but in one respect you can see his point; it's not like Madrid are trying to short change Spurs is it?!

Playing devils advocate, does Bale have a right to feel aggrieved? The most famous club in the world has bid a ludicrous amount of money for him, he wants to go but his current club aren't listening. I don't agree with him sulking in a corner and refusing to train, but in one respect you can see his point; it's not like Madrid are trying to short change Spurs is it?!

He has a right to be disappointed but aggrieved? A gentleman would honour his contract. Can you imagine Stanley Matthews throwing his toys out of the pram? There are too many prima donnas in football these days. But as I said, it might not be true.

You don't have a clue what conversations Bale has had with Levy for him to go down this path.

If Levy said something like 'you are under a very good contract which you signed without duress' it means naff all what the rest of the conversation was.

He has a right to be disappointed but aggrieved? A gentleman would honour his contract. Can you imagine Stanley Matthews throwing his toys out of the pram? There are too many prima donnas in football these days. But as I said, it might not be true.

No, but Stanley Matthews existed in a world before £85million transfers and £250k per week contracts- and I'm sure he would have been one of the most sought-after players of his era. Who knows what that amount of money and fame would have done to the man?

I'm not saying I agree with Bales (alleged) actions, just that you can't really say Madrid aren't offering a more than fair price for him

No, but Stanley Matthews existed in a world before £85million transfers and £250k per week contracts- and I'm sure he would have been one of the most sought-after players of his era. Who knows what that amount of money and fame would have done to the man?

I'm not saying I agree with Bales (alleged) actions, just that you can't really say Madrid aren't offering a more than fair price for him

Not in Daniel Levy's eyes, and right now, they are the only ones that matter

On saying that, if I was Levy......£80m minimum......I'd take that

Not in Daniel Levy's eyes, and right now, they are the only ones that matter

On saying that, if I was Levy......£80m minimum......I'd take that

Well obviously Levy is going to try and set as high a price as possible for him, but looking at it objectively, £80 million is a lot of dosh. Presuming the signings of Paulinho and Soldado are already accounted for, Spurs could get 3 more top quality players for that and I personally think would put them above Arsenal in terms of squad quality and into the champions league on a regular basis

Well obviously Levy is going to try and set as high a price as possible for him, but looking at it objectively, £80 million is a lot of dosh. Presuming the signings of Paulinho and Soldado are already accounted for, Spurs could get 3 more top quality players for that and I personally think would put them above Arsenal in terms of squad quality and into the champions league on a regular basis

Completely agree mate, but for us 'normal' people it's obscene - for Levy it's cold, hard business

As far as I am aware Bale has not submitted a formal transfer request, so if he's so aggrieved, why doesn't he put one in?

If he's under contract and has not submitted a transfer request, Spurs have no obligation to consider an offer from any club.

We could throw a spanner in the works if Albert signs for a new club.

Imagine "Bristol City outbid Réal Madrid to land Gareth Bale."

The player said "right from an early age i dreamed of playing for Bristol City at the legendary Ashton Gate.i would n't have left Spurs for any other club but when the Robin's come calling you don't have to think very long before saying "yes".

It's thought that Bâle will start alongside Ronaldo this saturday again st. Coventry.

Fair point I guess.

Oh it's definitely a fair price. Think what Spurs could buy with £80m - they could get Torres AND Andy Carroll haha

So with the move seemingly about to happen, just wondering if we might see a chain reaction?

How about ronaldo back to man utd, rooney to chelsea etc etc...?

I know done think ronaldo-bale is an awesome duo to have, but I've always held the view that they're too similar.

Was reckon?

Is it fair when a club wants to get rid of a player and accepts an offer from another club? If a player didn't want to move I'm sure a club would make it very difficult for him to stay. It can't all be one way.

It's not like Bale is screwing over the club. He's basically turned them into a top four challenger single handedly and they would get their money back 10 times over.

Clearly bale wanted to go and spurs have privately agreed with all parties on the basis that it is kept quiet until spurs have done their transfer business so they are not stung by clubs hiking prices wanting a cut of the £80m. Obviously why he's been ' injured'.

So with the move seemingly about to happen, just wondering if we might see a chain reaction?

How about ronaldo back to man utd, rooney to chelsea etc etc...?

I know done think ronaldo-bale is an awesome duo to have, but I've always held the view that they're too similar.

Was reckon?

And Chinese superstar Nu Wan to Arsenal.

Ronaldo will stay.

I am very excited about Bale in a Madrid jersey, however I am also excited to see how Spurs perform this season now. Especially if they sign Willian, Lamela and Coentrao.

Lloris

Walker

Dawson

Vertonghen

Coentrao

Paulinho

Dembele

Lamela

Holtby

Willian

Soldado

Quality team no doubt. But not a title winning side yet. Need a better CAM and a world class RCB. No doubt Bale deal has been agreed already and this is why we are seeing Spurs spending the cash.

Quality team no doubt. But not a title winning side yet. Need a better CAM and a world class RCB. No doubt Bale deal has been agreed already and this is why we are seeing Spurs spending the cash.

It's very clever by Daniel Levy though.

If he waited for the Bale transfer to go through before making signings they would have cost more as clubs would have realized they have loads to spend.

I think Holtby is a brilliant player and Dawson is their skipper, he's important.

Ronaldo will stay.

I am very excited about Bale in a Madrid jersey, however I am also excited to see how Spurs perform this season now. Especially if they sign Willian, Lamela and Coentrao.

Lloris

Walker

Dawson

Vertonghen

Coentrao

Paulinho

Dembele

Lamela

Holtby

Willian

Soldado

If only they can replace walker and dawson and the deanglification will be complete.

Way to go Tottenham.

I long for the days of John Cheidozie. Just a few foreign players like him, and maybe we can start developing our own talent again

It's very clever by Daniel Levy though.

If he waited for the Bale transfer to go through before making signings they would have cost more as clubs would have realized they have loads to spend.

I think Holtby is a brilliant player and Dawson is their skipper, he's important.

I don't think it's particularly clever, just good business. As you said if the Bale deal was done before hand teams would be holding out for more. It's obvious the Bale deal was agreed upon a while ago.

I fancy Spurs to pick up that 4th spot this season and budge Arsenal out of the running.

Chelsea

Man C

Man U

Spurs

Archived