IGNORED

Gareth Bale

AshtonGreat

I don't think it's particularly clever, just good business. As you said if the Bale deal was done before hand teams would be holding out for more. It's obvious the Bale deal was agreed upon a while ago.

I fancy Spurs to pick up that 4th spot this season and budge Arsenal out of the running.

Chelsea

Man C

Man U

Spurs

Arsenal will miss out for sure, unless they make some impressive signings at the last minute.

Man City

Chelsea

Man Utd

Spurs/Liverpool

Arsenal

You don't have a clue what conversations Bale has had with Levy for him to go down this path.

To be honest it doesn't matter what conversation he's had with anyone. He signed a contract with Spurs and was happy to do so at the time - you cannot or should not be allowed welch on it. Full stop. It's about time spurs took liver pools stance a la Suarez !!!

Real Madrid are going to be tasty this year :)

Hopefully they sign Kondogbia and Bale and sell Khedira and Coentrao

Casillas(32), Carvajal(21), Varane(20), Ramos(27), Marcelo(25), Kondogbia(20), Modric(27), Isco(21), Ronaldo(28), Bale(24), Benzema(25)

Subs: Diego Lopez(31), Pepe(30), Casemiro(21), Illarmendi(23), Ozil(24), Di Maria(25), Morata(20)

Kaka, Arbeloa & Xabi Alonso in their ranks aswell!

Arsenal will miss out for sure, unless they make some impressive signings at the last minute.

Man City

Chelsea

Man Utd

Spurs/Liverpool

Arsenal

Don't kid yourself. Liverpool are not getting that 4th spot, nor the 5th. Its a bad time for Merseyside at the moment. Martinez was an awful appointment so I don't expect Everton to do anywhere near as well. It will be very interesting to see how well Suarez plays when he's no longer suspended and if he's still at Liverpool. Sturridge very injury prone and if skyrtel goes then they will be very low on centre backs. Liverpool haven't made top 6 for 4 years and I don't see that changing this season.

Don't kid yourself. Liverpool are not getting that 4th spot, nor the 5th. Its a bad time for Merseyside at the moment. Martinez was an awful appointment so I don't expect Everton to do anywhere near as well. It will be very interesting to see how well Suarez plays when he's no longer suspended and if he's still at Liverpool. Sturridge very injury prone and if skyrtel goes then they will be very low on centre backs. Liverpool haven't made top 6 for 4 years and I don't see that changing this season.

Wow. Crazy post.

Martinez has already set his stamp on Everton, they had the most possession on the opening day, they played 500 odd passes and torn Norwich apart and will improve, they've still got Baines and Fellaini and Barkley will have a great year.

Liverpool have some cracking forward players and always cause teams problems and they aren't finished in the market. They will probably sign another CB and an attacking minded midfielder.

Wow. Crazy post.

Martinez has already set his stamp on Everton, they had the most possession on the opening day, they played 500 odd passes and torn Norwich apart and will improve, they've still got Baines and Fellaini and Barkley will have a great year.

Liverpool have some cracking forward players and always cause teams problems and they aren't finished in the market. They will probably sign another CB and an attacking minded midfielder.

Hardly crazy. Everton overperformed under moyes. United will not give up on fellaini and / or baines. Really don't expect both of them to still be there September 1st. I'll give you that about Barkley, watched him against us away at Leeds last year and he was a class above. He'll wow a lot of people this year I think.

As for Liverpool. Who knows if they will sign anyone else. Aspas and Alberto both wildcards. Could light it up or be more like a jovanovic signing. Hard to say. Best news all summer for them (Suarez aside) is getting rid of reina for mignolet. Just shows what lack of competition can do to a top player. Admittedly begovic did prevent a 4 or 5-0 battering on Saturday, but I do not expect Liverpool to keep it up over the course of the season, they simply don't have enough depth, too many youngsters and a manager that can get it 100% right occasionally but cannot get his team playing well consistently. Massive for them that Lucas is back for a full season though. Incredibly underated.

Hardly crazy. Everton overperformed under moyes. United will not give up on fellaini and / or baines. Really don't expect both of them to still be there September 1st. I'll give you that about Barkley, watched him against us away at Leeds last year and he was a class above. He'll wow a lot of people this year I think.

As for Liverpool. Who knows if they will sign anyone else. Aspas and Alberto both wildcards. Could light it up or be more like a jovanovic signing. Hard to say. Best news all summer for them (Suarez aside) is getting rid of reina for mignolet. Just shows what lack of competition can do to a top player. Admittedly begovic did prevent a 4 or 5-0 battering on Saturday, but I do not expect Liverpool to keep it up over the course of the season, they simply don't have enough depth, too many youngsters and a manager that can get it 100% right occasionally but cannot get his team playing well consistently. Massive for them that Lucas is back for a full season though. Incredibly underated.

I think Liverpool have improved loads. They have plenty of goals, flair and creativity in them. If you look at their strongest 11 you have to say it is capable of producing big results

Mignolet, Johnson, Toure, Agger, Cissokho, Lucas, Gerrard, New signing I expect, Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge - 4-3-3

As for Everton, Martinez will make them a better team than Moyes did as they will now control football matches and pass teams to death in a similar fashion to Swansea.

I think Liverpool have improved loads. They have plenty of goals, flair and creativity in them. If you look at their strongest 11 you have to say it is capable of producing big results

Mignolet, Johnson, Toure, Agger, Cissokho, Lucas, Gerrard, New signing I expect, Coutinho, Suarez, Sturridge - 4-3-3

As for Everton, Martinez will make them a better team than Moyes did as they will now control football matches and pass teams to death in a similar fashion to Swansea.

I really have to disagree with you about Martinez but we'll see in may.

I can't help but feel that Bale is not going to take La Liga by storm. Hope I'm wrong, but I think - especially given the price tag - this could end in a massive anti climax.

He's only had one truly great season in the PL, exceptional though it was. Take nothing away from him, he was truly unplayable for large parts of the season, but I think staying put would have done him good, for at least another season.

I can't help but feel that Bale is not going to take La Liga by storm. Hope I'm wrong, but I think - especially given the price tag - this could end in a massive anti climax.

He's only had one truly great season in the PL, exceptional though it was. Take nothing away from him, he was truly unplayable for large parts of the season, but I think staying put would have done him good, for at least another season.

Playing with better players, against weaker defenders.

He will be brilliant.

• Admin

Then someone would get the opportunity to get him on the cheap in a couple of years time.

Playing with better players, against weaker defenders.

He will be brilliant.

In theory yes. But it didn't work out that way for several others who moved from the PL to La Liga and were expected to be brilliant! Look at the stick Modric got when he wasn't instantly successful at Madrid.

I really hope he does well, but I can't help but think the transfer fee is going to be a huge monkey on his face back.

So who has this rival bid come from??

Probably a smoke screen to make Madrid cough up. Apart from Man C there isn't anyone that could afford him. Unless Moyes is making one of his pointless bids or enquiries.

Even so, this whole transfer saga really is the end of football as we know it.

Archived