IGNORED

City Vs Gills Matchday Thread

Robin 101

Marvin is needed with this midfield....simply because he will break up the opposition play and pick up loose balls. If he had come on saturday I think we would of won.

Disagree I think jw is perfect for this, a much more mobile version of marv who can pass to, they aren't needed in the same team imo.

Disagree I think jw is perfect for this, a much more mobile version of marv who can pass to, they aren't needed in the same team imo.

Jordan Wynter is completely different to Marvin.....If JW's role is to pick up the loose ball and put oppo teams under pressure then he failed BADLY on saturday.

That's not his role though.....Kilkenny, Pack and Wynter's roles are to play football and keep possession....whoever's job it was to close the opposition down and challenge for balls didn't do their job saturday.

We know Marvin will do this.

Back 3 with Marv at the back. Maloney and Cunningham wing backs and 2 up front.

Could be this.

Fielding

Elliot Flint Fontaine

Maloney Pack Wynter Cunningham

Kilkenny

Baldock JET

Could be a diamond in the middle with Marv and Wynter either side, Pack sitting and Kilkenny furthest forward.

Stockhausen won't have a clue the old soak.

Interesting, a possibility. That will need Killkenny to be disciplined and try not to drop back.

wynter pack Killkenny deep laying Elliott box to box. Killkenny when told to push up hardly ever seems to do it causing a big gap between midfield and defence. Pack is a deep laying orchestrator, that was his role a Cheltenham. Wynter says he is a defensive midfielder who can also operate in defence.

Would expect a clean sheet tonight!

Interesting to see if these guys can perform in a different position to the norm. The 3 of them can't all play in their favoured positions!

Pack goes box to box when instructed to as he did at Chelt and we saw at Bournemouth when he had a couple of chances. Wynter I saw against Rangers keen to get forward when he could and played behind the front two against Bradford in second half.

I think there's more to Pack and Wynter than just being 'deep lying' or 'defensive midfielders'.

We won't be playing with 3 midfielders sat in front of the back 4 tonight.

Not too many ( if any) would have predicted this line up.

Interesting how tall our side is with Pack and Elliott, O'Driscoll mentioned they are a long throw side, maybe we have gone for that extra height there?

Not too many ( if any) would have predicted this line up.

Interesting how tall our side is with Pack and Elliott, O'Driscoll mentioned they are a long throw side, maybe we have gone for that extra height there?

Good point, and maybe he change in because of our weakness from set pieces

Pack goes box to box when instructed to as he did at Chelt and we saw at Bournemouth when he had a couple of chances. Wynter I saw against Rangers keen to get forward when he could and played behind the front two against Bradford in second half.

I think there's more to Pack and Wynter than just being 'deep lying' or 'defensive midfielders'.

We won't be playing with 3 midfielders sat in front of the back 4 tonight.

Oh they are all capable. But the natural instinct is to lay deep. So they will need to be very aware of what is happening or big gaps could leave jet and baldock isolated.

Gonna be interesting. Could work brilliantly as 3 of them are very comfortable on the ball

Fontaine should be on his last chance tonight, if he shits himself every time Akinfenwa comes near (or the ball for that matter), then we will get ripped apart at the back, Flint can't do the work of two men again!

Millen couldn't see it.

McInnes couldn't see it.

Lets hope it don't take SOD long to see it.

Please can some kind soul help me out here? Recently bought an ipad so for the first time I'm trying to get Radio Bristol online (I live in Lancashire), but it won't let me download as ipad doesn't support adobe flash. How do I get around this? Cheers.

Please can some kind soul help me out here? Recently bought an ipad so for the first time I'm trying to get Radio Bristol online (I live in Lancashire), but it won't let me download as ipad doesn't support adobe flash. How do I get around this? Cheers.

You can download bbcplayer as an app form the app store -

don't think the online stations have the football commentary though -

there is an app I believe for the ipad you can download that gets around Apples flash blockage, can't remember the name but a bit of googling should find it

Archived