IGNORED

Ryan Taylor

Super

Sounds harsh - but you can't keep paying someone to not be in your team / available - he's had chances in the past, and not sealed a first team place, his injury record is bad, and he's not really produced the goods. Time to free up his squad number and replace with another young promising striker and see if they can earn themselves a place.

Sounds harsh - but you can't keep paying someone to not be in your team / available - he's had chances in the past, and not sealed a first team place, his injury record is bad, and he's not really produced the goods. Time to free up his squad number and replace with another young promising striker and see if they can earn themselves a place.

Do you not think that his wages are part of our playing budget? He has a contract, so has the right to be paid what the contract says. What would we gain by paying him up now?

Sure we can get another player in if we have the means to.

Do you not think that his wages are part of our playing budget? He has a contract, so has the right to be paid what the contract says. What would we gain by paying him up now?

Sure we can get another player in if we have the means to.

His contract runs out the end of the season - We should let him know he is not in our plans and help him find a club, or let this contract run down and not renew it. I don't care which, but you can't pay people who do not/or cannot feature in your plans - so time for him to go.....

Always love it when someone raises this novel an forward thinking idea. Pay someone all their wages up front in full and ask them to do nothing in return.

I so wish you were my boss.

Ah the sarcasm route when you disagree with an opinion :) Frees up your physios, frees up insurance money frees up catering frees up kit cleaning etc etc etc. Not that the club are trying to save money or anything!

Sad little man aren't you?

Football is all about scoring records of course, you smarmy simpleton

Also factually incorrect.

Bas 1 in 23, Ryan Taylor 2 in 34, despite only one more of his games being starts than Bas.

Otib, why let facts get in the way of pathetic arguments?

Sad little man aren't you?

Football is all about scoring records of course, you smarmy simpleton

He's correct, though, isn't he. It's a dire fact and even as a Ryan Taylor fan, surely you can see that it is simply not good enough for a centre forward.

Stead didn't score many and played the same role, but he'd still weigh in with 7/8 goals a season.

He's correct, though, isn't he. It's a dire fact and even as a Ryan Taylor fan, surely you can see that it is simply not good enough for a centre forward.

Stead didn't score many and played the same role, but he'd still weigh in with 7/8 goals a season.

As shown by Graham, it's not a fact is it.

Also factually incorrect.

Bas 1 in 23, Ryan Taylor 2 in 34, despite only one more of his games being starts than Bas.

Otib, why let facts get in the way of pathetic arguments?

Well, the fact I've successfully got us to compare Ryan Taylor to Bas Savage rather than Jon Stead speaks more volume than anything. Not long to go until his scoring record is worse.

No, the fact that as ever you were wrong speaks more volume.

Am I wrong in saying he's shit at scoring goals and shit at getting shots off in the first place? Go on, put together a Ryan Taylor highlight reel for us. I'm sure the YouTube hits will flood in.

Am I wrong in saying he's shit at scoring goals and shit at getting shots off in the first place? Go on, put together a Ryan Taylor highlight reel for us. I'm sure the YouTube hits will flood in.

Football is all about scoring goals and nothing to do with linking play. If you're a bit stoopid, which is pretty evident, and see all forwards as having to score goal after goal then you'll retain your blinkered view. If you cant understand that players like Heskey, Taylor, Stead etc can be vital in some formations to getting the best out of a natural goal scorer then there is no hope for you.

Football is all about scoring goals and nothing to do with linking play. If you're a bit stoopid, which is pretty evident, and see all forwards as having to score goal after goal then you'll retain your blinkered view. If you cant understand that players like Heskey, Taylor, Stead etc can be vital in some formations to getting the best out of a natural goal scorer then there is no hope for you.

So, which of our players has really pushed on because of Taylor's linking play? Where's the 20-goal striker that is meant to finish everything Taylor links up? Taylor should be chipping in with at least seven goals a season even if he's not an out-and-out goal-scorer. Heskey managed a goal every 4.5 games over his league career. Taylor's record for us is one in every 17.

Indeed.

In 2010/11 Taylor scored 12 goals in a season, his strike partner, a certain Adam Le Fondre, got 24, but as with Turner and Taylor, some will never understand each role in a strike partnership. Interesting to me too that Millen bought Pitman around the same time, a Le Fondre clone, really.

It is frustrating that he keeps picking up niggling injuries but when we signed him Millwall (then managed by Saturday's opposition manager) also wanted him.

I'll suggest Kenny Jackett knows a bit more about footballers than many on here.

So, which of our players has really pushed on because of Taylor's linking play? Where's the 20-goal striker that is meant to finish everything Taylor links up? Taylor should be chipping in with at least seven goals a season even if he's not an out-and-out goal-scorer. Heskey managed a goal every 4.5 games over his league career. Taylor's record for us is one in every 17.

Heskey started every week, Most of Taylor's appearances for us have been from the bench.

Taylor played in all of our wins under McInnes last season. He played a big role in all our better performances. He's nowhere near the most talented player at this club, but he is one of the most effective in making the team link better and at bridging the gaps between midfield and attack.

You'll never be convinced and I have a life (one that doesn't include pretending to be a friend of a comic book hero) so I'll leave you to your thoughts on Taylor and be happy in the knowledge that people who know a **** load more about football than me or you rate him high enough to pay him handsomely for his services.

Remember when people were calling him the ginger Drogba because he kept winning the ball?

If he didn't have such a poor injury record I think he could be a really important player for us.....those who are dismissing him as a waste of a wage clearly can't grasp how his "type" of forward is so imPortant

Heskey started every week, Most of Taylor's appearances for us have been from the bench.

Taylor played in all of our wins under McInnes last season. He played a big role in all our better performances. He's nowhere near the most talented player at this club, but he is one of the most effective in making the team link better and at bridging the gaps between midfield and attack.

You'll never be convinced and I have a life (one that doesn't include pretending to be a friend of a comic book hero) so I'll leave you to your thoughts on Taylor and be happy in the knowledge that people who know a **** load more about football than me or you rate him high enough to pay him handsomely for his services.

Gosh Batman! (there's my best pretending impression following your redundant attempt at an insult)

He also played in a SHITload of losses.

Bas Savage, Jody Morris and Nicky Hunt were also paid well for their services too. Let's get them back.

Taylor does some things well link up play holding the ball up etc, but his goal scoring record is awful! Mainly due to the fact I think he doesn't get into good goal scoring positions! Someone said that his contract is up at the end of the season so he's got until then to prove that he can get himself fit for a period of time and chip in with few goals as well as what he naturally brings to us! If he doesn't IMO it should be sed you later on the next!

Gosh Batman! (there's my best pretending impression following your redundant attempt at an insult)

Bas Savage, Jody Morris and Nicky Hunt were also paid well for their services too. Let's get them back.

Scraping the barrel now, bell end. Give it up.

Well done, this post is just embarrassing really.

Scraping the barrel now, bell end. Give it up.

No worse than your usual, "he played in our wins". Foster probably played in a bunch of them too. Doesn't mean Taylor won those games for us, he was less than 10% of the equation.

I'd love him to get a few goals but, he won't and I'd pick Harewood over him every day of the week.

Archived