IGNORED

Ryan Taylor

Super

No worse than your usual, "he played in our wins". Foster probably played in a bunch of them too. Doesn't mean Taylor won those games for us, he was less than 10% of the equation.

I'd love him to get a few goals but, he won't and I'd pick Harewood over him every day of the week.

Because Harewood has a great goalscoring record!

Remember when people were calling him the ginger Drogba because he kept winning the ball?

If he didn't have such a poor injury record I think he could be a really important player for us.....those who are dismissing him as a waste of a wage clearly can't grasp how his "type" of forward is so imPortant

To be fair, if he isn't playing because of injury, he is a waste of a wage. if he was available for 40 games a season he wouldn't be a waste of a wage

Remember when people were calling him the ginger Drogba because he kept winning the ball?

If he didn't have such a poor injury record I think he could be a really important player for us.....those who are dismissing him as a waste of a wage clearly can't grasp how his "type" of forward is so imPortant

I like a lot of what Taylor does, but his availability is horrendous. It's no good waxing lyrical about how great he is linking up play etc. as you can't do that from the physio's room. Excluding loanees, he must represent about the worst wages to minutes played ratio of any player in our recent history.

Indeed.

In 2010/11 Taylor scored 12 goals in a season, his strike partner, a certain Adam Le Fondre, got 24, but as with Turner and Taylor, some will never understand each role in a strike partnership. Interesting to me too that Millen bought Pitman around the same time, a Le Fondre clone, really.

It is frustrating that he keeps picking up niggling injuries but when we signed him Millwall (then managed by Saturday's opposition manager) also wanted him.

I'll suggest Kenny Jackett knows a bit more about footballers than many on here.

2010 – 11 was the only reasonably good season he has ever had from a goal scoring point of view. In previous seasons his record was:

2009 – 10. 2 goals

2008 – 9. 4 goals

2007 – 8. 7 goals

I know scoring goals in not the only thing that gets a player into the team but over the course of his career, for City and previous clubs, the number of goals scored is just not good enough.

Imagine the reaction if he had never played for City and he was unveiled today as the new forward that Sod wanted to sign!

His contract runs out the end of the season - We should let him know he is not in our plans and help him find a club, or let this contract run down and not renew it. I don't care which, but you can't pay people who do not/or cannot feature in your plans - so time for him to go.....

Agreed. he just doesn't score goals and surely that is what you should get from strikers.

Archived