IGNORED

Sometimes I Get Angry

stawey

If the Fontaine situation wasn't firstly so infuriating and secondly so sad to see (I'm actually able to remember how good a player he used to be for us) it would actually be quite interesting to what has actually happened with him? This isn't someone who showed some good form for a while then reverted to rubbish or even someone who's weaknesses have been found out and therefore exposed by the opposition. Fontaine up until last season was a solid, reliable and composed Championship centre half. Since a few games into last season he has become a disaster area. A walking mistake waiting to happen.

Last season at various stages I thought he may have suffered the same fate as many sportsmen before him and got the yips. So I was interested to see that there was an article in the excellent Bountyhunter a couple of weeks ago that seemed to think along the same lines. I won't copy it all out, but here are a few extracts;

"It's variously known as The Yips, Dartitis or in America as Steve Blass Disease. The strange phenomenon of a sportsmen suddenly finding their natural ability mysteriously blocked off to them. Not for any obvious physical reason, lack of effort or desire. It's as if the previously innate skills that were accessed as easily as a multinational company locates a low tax haven, just upped and left. Last season at Ashton Gate we may have witnessed our own version when a previous crowd favourite turned from hero to villain."

"We've all seen plenty of players at the Gate whose appearance in a professional football match is a mystery. Players that lack basic co-ordination, are two footed only is as much as both feet are equally inept at retaining a friendship with the small round thing which so unexpectedly arrives in front of them. Most of these were young and could be excused their optimistic but misguided adventure into the world of the overpaid sportsman and his indiscretions. Yes, yes- I know what you are thinking and I'm not going to dwell on the tricky subject of Nicky Hunt here. At some point in his career he may have had a good game but if he did, I didn't see it. In my mind he didn't lose form- he simply never had it in the first place. Fonts though, Fonts in his pomp is a joy to watch. Notice that I said 'is' there rather than 'was'."

"Now some fans were happy to yell abuse at Fonts last year accusing him of a lack of effort or desire. A sign of all what was wrong with the modern day, extravagantly remunerated footballer. I may be wrong but I didn't get that impression. What I saw was a man constrained and confused by his failings of a previously reliable brain and body."

"Not the sort of defender to fling himself into the sort of last ditch tackles that had you leaping to applaud. Fonts was assured, calm and blessed with great timing in the tackle and an ability to read the game that rendered last ditch tackles redundant. Maybe he wasn't playing at the very top level of his chosen sport like the others I have mentioned (People such as Eric Bristow, Stephen Hendry, Steve Blass and Phil Edmonds who are all thought to have suffered from the yips) but he was a popular figure, playing in one of the top divisions of Football in Europe. So why had it all gone so wrong"

Talking about ex City player Gus Caesar- Gus had figured prominently for Arsenal in the disastrous 1988 League Cup final against Luton Town. He gifted a late equaliser for, of all people Danny Wilson before Luton went on to grab an even later winner. Gus never recovered form that and during his time with us he constantly looked as nervous as a driving instructor giving a blind man lessons. It can't always have been like that- for 20 years he would have been in the top 1% of footballers in the country. As Nick Hornby pointed out in Fever Pitch, he was more talented than nearly everyone in his generation and yet ultimately that talent was rendered useless, once he lost his self-belief."

"Can Fonts avoid that fate? Despite the welcome addition of some defensive cover by the club in the summer, I for one hope he can do so. Maybe he actually needs to think less and just play his natural game, a game that served both him and Bristol City very well in the past."

One example I will add is Scott Boswell who most Cricket fans and certainly all Somerset fans on here will know. In the C&G final of 2001 between Somerset and Leicestershire Boswell was playing for Leicestershire and went into the final on the back of superb performance in the semi's. Like so many before him Boswell struggled with the Lord's slope and ended up bowling a ridiculous amount of wides in his two overs. After that performance he played once more before retiring from Cricket at the age of 26. One shocking performance had led to him calling Cricket a day.

As someone who gets extremely irritated by some of the bonehead comments directed at Fontaine over the least year, that article summed up a lot of what I've felt, but was luckily written in a much more eloquent manner than I could manage myself.

I would be lying if I said I remained confident that Fontaine can turn this all around (at any club let alone City where so much has happened) to once again become the composed defender he used to be and it would be almost criminal for him to keep his place for Saturday, but I just wanted to express the other side of the argument to the simpleton view of him simply not trying or caring. He isn't playing terribly because he wants to.. God knows how Liam Fontaine could have possibly enjoyed last season. Endlessly being hopeless at something he has spent his entire life being good at and having to take endless criticism from people that used to support him.

We seem to live in a world nowadays where some feel they qualify as supporters by sitting at home on the internet on a Saturday afternoon stating they hate our players and I may be naïve for not thinking that players that either don't care or don't try are the reason behind all my team's inadequacies, but I struggle to believe that Fontaine hasn't been trying his best to end this rotten spell and I also struggle with the vitriol that some seem to enjoy giving him. You wont find me arguing with many of the negative assessments of his performances, but some of the things people have said either on here or at the ground have been frankly disgraceful to someone who, as much as you might not like it, is still a City player.

I understand where you are coming from, I have stated on several threads I don't blame Fontaine, I blame the previous 2 managers and SOD as well. To keep playing him beggars belief, if it's loss of form or yips at this precise moment in time and for the past 12 months, his torture has been exacerbated by being stubbornly selected by 3 managers it surely cannot be allowed to carry on, the defence appears to have morphed from a promising unit (pre season) to a unit that to a man has absolutely no confidence whatsoever an unit that is panicky and looks like it could ship goals at any time and that morphing process has taken 2 league games.

i read this forum on a daily basis and often i wonder if i am on a city fans forum.having been born a city fan nearly 70 years ago and can say ive seen most things to do with bcfc. sometimes i am appalled by so called fans comments.the trade-it action and topic must be the bottom of the barrel.so much slagging off must really help a newish team find its feet and comfidence and the constantbelittling of a single player is a not the action of a true fan. debate is good but first and foremostpeople on this site should be city though and through.moan but think before you destroy confidence.it really doesnt help.so i suggest the constant moaners try supporting your team this season and you might just make a difference.

Well said, sir!

And if SOD starts him against Wolves il be slating SOD,I'm there to support the team of course but if SOD can't see LF is a liability then he will have gone down in my estimation as a manager ( which he did on Sunday btw when it took him 45 min and 3 goals down to change the teams approach when it was apparent it wasn't working, feel he's a tad stubborn)

Going back to LF, he's been failed by the previous 2 managers who should of got rid along time ago, if my opinions offend or hurt the feelings of LF and any other player I feel is not good enough then I'd suggest they "grow some" for too long now there's been players taking the piss out of its supporters and the club.

Don't get me wrong I'm not one of these supporters that expect instant glory and I'm happy with what SOD has said about many aspects of his vision for the club ( be happy with top 8 this season ) but if he can't see what the majority of fans see regarding LF then **** him aswell

Good post

Just been watching a rerun of the programme Clarke Carlisle did about depression and suicide in football on BBC1.

For any of you who consider yourselves not part of the bonehead contingent, I'd urge you to watch it.

It used some of the high profile cases (Gary Speed, Robert Enke, Lee Hendrie) to explore some of the issues within football ranging from overbearing paternal expectations through to the impact of serious injury and the taboo nature of mental health within football. There was also an awkward interview with the FA Chairman, Bernstein, who was really unimpressive.

Reading bearded red's post above made me think that inexplicable loss of form must also be extremely difficult to deal with. Footballers' sense of self worth is very much pinned to their performances.

Like most on here, I don't know what strategies the management at City have to help Fonts rediscover his previously composed self. SO'D has shown an interest and knowledge in other sports, regularly referencing other sports and other organisations. Hopefully, he can find a way to help him arrest his slide.

Just been watching a rerun of the programme Clarke Carlisle did about depression and suicide in football on BBC1.

For any of you who consider yourselves not part of the bonehead contingent, I'd urge you to watch it.

It used some of the high profile cases (Gary Speed, Robert Enke, Lee Hendrie) to explore some of the issues within football ranging from overbearing paternal expectations through to the impact of serious injury and the taboo nature of mental health within football. There was also an awkward interview with the FA Chairman, Bernstein, who was really unimpressive.

Reading bearded red's post above made me think that inexplicable loss of form must also be extremely difficult to deal with. Footballers' sense of self worth is very much pinned to their performances.

Like most on here, I don't know what strategies the management at City have to help Fonts rediscover his previously composed self. SO'D has shown an interest and knowledge in other sports, regularly referencing other sports and other organisations. Hopefully, he can find a way to help him arrest his slide.

So how is the fact that 3 managers now have put him in the firing line even though he has been at best poor for so long actually helping him?, it is certainly not helping BCFC as a team.

So how is the fact that 3 managers now have put him in the firing line even though he has been at best poor for so long actually helping him?, it is certainly not helping BCFC as a team.

The evidence we can see is that it isn't.

However, we don't know if there is an underlying reason.

Agree with OP and Bearded Red. Don't understand the hate and vitriol directed towards our own players. Its one thing to do it a City forum where it is all about opinions but to do it more publicly just makes whoever does so look a bit sad and pathetic. It does the player and team no good whatsoever. But I don't get trolling either.

The evidence we can see is that it isn't.

However, we don't know if there is an underlying reason.

Under lying reason of why he is being selected? or under lying reason of whether he has a problem?.

The bottom line is this, we are constantly being told on here the manager knows far more than we do, but loyalty to under performing serial bottlers have done for the past 2 managers and is beginning to stack up against SOD and sometimes the question has to be asked "do managers blindly do this sort of thing out of complete stubbornness", I fully accept that some of the vitriol against Fontaine is well OTT, but BCFC is not a charity or a rehab centre or even an experimental laboratory for stubborn managers, whatever the problem is or might be his continued selection is and has been harming the team, results and now the progress of a relatively young, inexperienced and new squad and most importantly damaging the player himself it cannot be allowed to carry on and trying to shift the blame onto the fans is ridiculous and used far too often by to many happy clappies, this is purely and simply a management problem, a management problem that has been poorly managed by 3 successive managers.

Agree with OP and Bearded Red. Don't understand the hate and vitriol directed towards our own players. Its one thing to do it a City forum where it is all about opinions but to do it more publicly just makes whoever does so look a bit sad and pathetic. It does the player and team no good whatsoever. But I don't get trolling either.

sad and pathetic is a bit harsh, fans are passionate, and if we all had the attitude of applauding or accepting players,managers poor performances it would not help the club at all, we are the ones who pay their wages, we have a say, positive or negative it forces change to what we want and expect from people who represent our club, I for one will tell people how it is if I feel things need changing, that is my right as a paying supporter

I don't want this to come across as insensitive, but without any evidence at all surely playing the mental health issues card on Fontaine's behalf is clutching very weakly at straws?

Until such a time comes that there is evidence for this (and from those who have met him and found him to be rather egotistical [not my words or thoughts, just from posters who know or have met him, which itself is not a strong argument]) there seriously cannot be an excuse for his consistent under performance.

I don't want this to come across as insensitive, but without any evidence at all surely playing the mental health issues card on Fontaine's behalf is clutching very weakly at straws?

Until such a time comes that there is evidence for this (and from those who have met him and found him to be rather egotistical [not my words or thoughts, just from posters who know or have met him, which itself is not a strong argument]) there seriously cannot be an excuse for his consistent under performance.

Sadly Bud there is a huge excuse, 3 successive managers inexplicably picking him week in week out, they are to blame end of.

i read this forum on a daily basis and often i wonder if i am on a city fans forum.

having been born a city fan nearly 70 years ago and can say ive seen most things to do with bcfc. sometimes i am appalled by so called fans comments.

the trade-it action and topic must be the bottom of the barrel.

so much slagging off must really help a newish team find its feet and comfidence and the constant

belittling of a single player is a not the action of a true fan. debate is good but first and foremost

people on this site should be city though and through.

moan but think before you destroy confidence.it really doesnt help.

so i suggest the constant moaners try supporting your team this season and you might just make a difference.

Agree mate 100% are some who post really are City fans.

Whats the first post i see this morning " Worst City Players" what a stupid topic to have at season start.

Sadly Bud there is a huge excuse, 3 successive managers inexplicably picking him week in week out, they are to blame end of.

I'm surprised at that, Es. You're the most vocal of supporters when it comes to the cheating, diving, money grabbing wet-wipes... Now, when we have our very own over paid under performing princess you refuse to lay any blame for his own personal performance at his door? Strange one that, mate.

I'm surprised at that, Es. You're the most vocal of supporters when it comes to the cheating, diving, money grabbing wet-wipes... Now, when we have our very own over paid under performing princess you refuse to lay any blame for his own personal performance at his door? Strange one that, mate.

Really, firstly where have I actually said I don't blame Fontaine all i'm saying is the past 3 managers have given him an in built excuse, come on JT your a clever bloke, take Fontaine out of the firing line problem gone, keep stubbornly selecting him one person to blame i'm afraid the guy who selects the team and history tells us what happend to SOD's 2 stubborn predecessors.

Edit:- unless of course Liam actually picks the team himself I suppose.

Really, firstly where have I actually said I don't blame Fontaine all i'm saying is the past 3 managers have given him an in built excuse, come on JT your a clever bloke, take Fontaine out of the firing line problem gone, keep stubbornly selecting him one person to blame i'm afraid the guy who selects the team and history tells us what happend to SOD's 2 stubborn predecessors.

Edit:- unless of course Liam actually picks the team himself I suppose.

Personally think its daft to pick him, but that doesn't excuse Fontaine's performances. I feel they are two separate sins, both requiring blame on the individual responsible.

Personally think its daft to pick him, but that doesn't excuse Fontaine's performances. I feel they are two separate sins, both requiring blame on the individual responsible.

i'm sorry mate your defending the indefensible, I really suspect that Fontaine isn't playing badly on purpose, what's SOD's excuse? and bear in mind having been selected what message would you send out to your manager by saying "actually boss I don't think I should play".

The previous 2 managers could have done something about it and didn't and were sacked, SOD has had more than enough time so make informed decision and is dithering, he has only got himself to blame, I really thought SOD was better than this and I really thought he saw the same game as the fans watched, clearly not and it is now impacting on the whole defence that looked promising in pre season.

i'm sorry mate your defending the indefensible, I really suspect that Fontaine isn't playing badly on purpose, what's SOD's excuse? and bear in mind having been selected what message would you send out to your manager by saying "actually boss I don't think I should play".

The previous 2 managers could have done something about it and didn't and were sacked, SOD has had more than enough time so make informed decision and is dithering, he has only got himself to blame, I really thought SOD was better than this and I really thought he saw the same game as the fans watched, clearly not and it is now impacting on the whole defence that looked promising in pre season.

I've been struggling to work out the reasoning behind SOD's continued selection of Fonts.

The only thing I can think is that he saw the summer as drawing a line under last season, and that with a changed team and a new football philosophy it would give Fontaine a fresh start, to put last season behind him and the chance to rebuild his confidence and career. If so , then it appears to be failing and Fonts is again appears to be a liability. If SOD does not want his long term plan jeopardised then I can't see anyway he can continue to select Fontaine and it needs to be sooner rather than later.

sad and pathetic is a bit harsh, fans are passionate, and if we all had the attitude of applauding or accepting players,managers poor performances it would not help the club at all, we are the ones who pay their wages, we have a say, positive or negative it forces change to what we want and expect from people who represent our club, I for one will tell people how it is if I feel things need changing, that is my right as a paying supporter

I'm not sure anybody has suggested, I certainly haven't, that everybody should 'applaud or accept poor performances' or that people aren't allowed to have their say on things that need changing? I haven't seen anybody say that Fontaine doesn't deserve criticism for his performance Saturday or his 'form' over the past year.

However I do have a problem with some of the over the top and immature rubbish that either gets put on here or shouted at the ground. All the posts pointing out all his errors and even the ones stating they hope he never plays again, that's perfectly fine and I don't think anyone could be criticised for having a gut full of Fontaine's hesitant and error riddled performances. However 'can someone please run Fontaine over', 'he makes me feel sick'.. Really? I'd suggest you go and support a slightly more successful club than this one if a poor footballer makes you feel this way.

My broader point isn't even about Fontaine really, it is more to do with what seems to be, thanks largely to the increased sums they earn, more and more the modern attitude from supporters towards their own players. 'Get out of the club Fontaine you c***' was shouted behind me after 5 minutes on Saturday. At that point all he had done in the game was win the ball and play Baldock through on goal... Not even bothering to go to the game, but choosing to sit at home on the internet abusing our own players... How on earth can these be the actions of supporters? I saw on Twitter Sunday evening somebody wrote something along the lines of 'Although we let in 5 I don't have any problems with anybody other than Fontaine'. On closer inspection I saw he hadn't even been to the game (where all of the defenders and the goalkeeper were all poor, just for balance). Remarkable. I genuinely feel that some enjoy watching Fontaine makes glaring mistakes as it means they can be even harsher with their criticism of him.

If somebody can prove to me that Fontaine's remarkable decline is solely down to him not trying his best or not caring, then fine. I'm wrong and all the personal criticism he has taken is justified. But I would ask why wouldn't he be trying his best? Can anybody really say they think he is happy getting embarrassed in front of thousands most weekends at something he has spent his entire life being good at. Do you think he enjoys the fact that when he was out and about in Bristol previously people would no doubt have came up to him and had a chat, gave it the 'cracking performance last week Fonts', whereas now I expect the best he gets will be a knowing look and somebody muttering something under their breath?

I can't argue that it is almost impossible to imagine Fontaine turning this around and if he is ever going to be a decent player again he needs a change of scenery. But who is going to come in and take him after this shambles of a year? SO'D is left with a problem and I don't know what the answer is. Fontaine will be one of the few players in our squad still on Championship wages, can he just ostracize him all season? Or does he have to try and find a way, if at all possible, that Fontaine can at least be a reasonable member of the squad. One thing is for certain though, if he keeps his place for Saturday it is absolutely criminal.

I'm not sure anybody has suggested, I certainly haven't, that everybody should 'applaud or accept poor performances' or that people aren't allowed to have their say on things that need changing? I haven't seen anybody say that Fontaine doesn't deserve criticism for his performance Saturday or his 'form' over the past year. However I do have a problem with some of the over the top and immature rubbish that either gets put on here or shouted at the ground. All the posts pointing out all his errors and even the ones stating they hope he never plays again, that's perfectly fine and I don't think anyone could be criticised for having a gut full of Fontaine's hesitant and error riddled performances. However 'can someone please run Fontaine over', 'he makes me feel sick'.. Really? I'd suggest you go and support a slightly more successful club than this one if a poor footballer makes you feel this way. My broader point isn't even about Fontaine really, it is more to do with what seems to be, thanks largely to the increased sums they earn, more and more the modern attitude from supporters towards their own players. 'Get out of the club Fontaine you c***' was shouted behind me after 5 minutes on Saturday. At that point all he had done in the game was win the ball and play Baldock through on goal... Not even bothering to go to the game, but choosing to sit at home on the internet abusing our own players... How on earth can these be the actions of supporters? I saw on Twitter Sunday evening somebody wrote something along the lines of 'Although we let in 5 I don't have any problems with anybody other than Fontaine'. On closer inspection I saw he hadn't even been to the game (where all of the defenders and the goalkeeper were all poor, just for balance). Remarkable. I genuinely feel that some enjoy watching Fontaine makes glaring mistakes as it means they can be even harsher with their criticism of him. If somebody can prove to me that Fontaine's remarkable decline is solely down to him not trying his best or not caring, then fine. I'm wrong and all the personal criticism he has taken is justified. But I would ask why wouldn't he be trying his best? Can anybody really say they think he is happy getting embarrassed in front of thousands most weekends at something he has spent his entire life being good at. Do you think he enjoys the fact that when he was out and about in Bristol previously people would no doubt have came up to him and had a chat, gave it the 'cracking performance last week Fonts', whereas now I expect the best he gets will be a knowing look and somebody muttering something under their breath? I can't argue that it is almost impossible to imagine Fontaine turning this around and if he is ever going to be a decent player again he needs a change of scenery. But who is going to come in and take him after this shambles of a year? SO'D is left with a problem and I don't know what the answer is. Fontaine will be one of the few players in our squad still on Championship wages, can he just ostracize him all season? Or does he have to try and find a way, if at all possible, that Fontaine can at least be a reasonable member of the squad. One thing is for certain though, if he keeps his place for Saturday it is absolutely criminal.

cracking post there but bollox am I paying double figures to watch amateurism as was witnessed sunday.

Ins an outs of it we can discuss, people have always been football nuts in this country since its birth..why is it city fans, after watching 3 years of shambles .. granted pearson an foster, thank ****, are out the team,finally tantreming about what occurred on Sunday are criminalised?

I'm not sure anybody has suggested, I certainly haven't, that everybody should 'applaud or accept poor performances' or that people aren't allowed to have their say on things that need changing? I haven't seen anybody say that Fontaine doesn't deserve criticism for his performance Saturday or his 'form' over the past year.

However I do have a problem with some of the over the top and immature rubbish that either gets put on here or shouted at the ground. All the posts pointing out all his errors and even the ones stating they hope he never plays again, that's perfectly fine and I don't think anyone could be criticised for having a gut full of Fontaine's hesitant and error riddled performances. However 'can someone please run Fontaine over', 'he makes me feel sick'.. Really? I'd suggest you go and support a slightly more successful club than this one if a poor footballer makes you feel this way.

My broader point isn't even about Fontaine really, it is more to do with what seems to be, thanks largely to the increased sums they earn, more and more the modern attitude from supporters towards their own players. 'Get out of the club Fontaine you c***' was shouted behind me after 5 minutes on Saturday. At that point all he had done in the game was win the ball and play Baldock through on goal... Not even bothering to go to the game, but choosing to sit at home on the internet abusing our own players... How on earth can these be the actions of supporters? I saw on Twitter Sunday evening somebody wrote something along the lines of 'Although we let in 5 I don't have any problems with anybody other than Fontaine'. On closer inspection I saw he hadn't even been to the game (where all of the defenders and the goalkeeper were all poor, just for balance). Remarkable. I genuinely feel that some enjoy watching Fontaine makes glaring mistakes as it means they can be even harsher with their criticism of him.

If somebody can prove to me that Fontaine's remarkable decline is solely down to him not trying his best or not caring, then fine. I'm wrong and all the personal criticism he has taken is justified. But I would ask why wouldn't he be trying his best? Can anybody really say they think he is happy getting embarrassed in front of thousands most weekends at something he has spent his entire life being good at. Do you think he enjoys the fact that when he was out and about in Bristol previously people would no doubt have came up to him and had a chat, gave it the 'cracking performance last week Fonts', whereas now I expect the best he gets will be a knowing look and somebody muttering something under their breath?

I can't argue that it is almost impossible to imagine Fontaine turning this around and if he is ever going to be a decent player again he needs a change of scenery. But who is going to come in and take him after this shambles of a year? SO'D is left with a problem and I don't know what the answer is. Fontaine will be one of the few players in our squad still on Championship wages, can he just ostracize him all season? Or does he have to try and find a way, if at all possible, that Fontaine can at least be a reasonable member of the squad. One thing is for certain though, if he keeps his place for Saturday it is absolutely criminal.

100% agree. Some people seem unable to distinguish between criticism and abuse - and some pretty unpleasant abuse at that.

And those same people seem to think that anyone who objects to the abuse is somehow blind to Fontaine's poor performances of late.

Just to add to what you say - the "Football's suicide secret" programme was on again last night (BBC1 this time, for anyyone who missed it) and Cllarke Carlisle was saying in that just what you say - players know they're not performing, it can be devastating for them, and having people shout personal abuse at you time after time really doesnt help - I'm just not sure what someone who shouts what you heard above thinks it achieves. Well, I think I do know actually - it's bullying, and its about knowing that you can feel 'powerful' without suffering any comeback because the victim can't respond (unless its Eric Cantona!). But it does nothing for a player's form or for Bristol City.

It's out of order that people have a pop at an individual player.

No one goes out trying to have a bad game.

At a team level, I'm hopeful but by no means convinced that we'll improve. It needs 10 games or so to be able form an opinion of our prospects.

It seems both the manager and lots of us fans are underplaying things... I hope that doesn't work against us - we are still fielding a team full of Championship experienced players (9 I think on Sunday). We should be strong in this division and I'd rather big us up than understate things. We have good players we should be expecting a promotion challenge (play off challenge at least) this season. If we don't achieve that, then the simple fact is that a lot of smaller clubs with smaller budgets will have done significantly better than us.

I'd just think we (fans, management, players) can and should be more positive in our expectations. Just having the right mindset around the place can achieve masses.

100% agree. Some people seem unable to distinguish between criticism and abuse - and some pretty unpleasant abuse at that. And those same people seem to think that anyone who objects to the abuse is somehow blind to Fontaine's poor performances of late. Just to add to what you say - the "Football's suicide secret" programme was on again last night (BBC1 this time, for anyyone who missed it) and Cllarke Carlisle was saying in that just what you say - players know they're not performing, it can be devastating for them, and having people shout personal abuse at you time after time really doesnt help - I'm just not sure what someone who shouts what you heard above thinks it achieves. Well, I think I do know actually - it's bullying, and its about knowing that you can feel 'powerful' without suffering any comeback because the victim can't respond (unless its Eric Cantona!). But it does nothing for a player's form or for Bristol City.

Does Clarke also agree that, admittedly people paying only £16 2.5x the mimimum wage, may become a little vexed due to somebody on possibly 9kpw (?) making the mistakes I was taught playing for my cub scout team aged 10? Also the fact theres a hell of a lot us out here with health, emotional, financial problems too? Or have BBC3 a proceedial process on who they document?

Like all football fans, we're ready to take the bad with the good. The problem is that there's been precious little good in the last three years.

There's a point where no one on the forum silences the moaners with "Yes, but what about the Melchester game?", because there hasn't been such a game in years and years - or that's how it feels :(

Like all football fans, we're ready to take the bad with the good. The problem is that there's been precious little good in the last three years.

There's a point where no one on the forum silences the moaners with "Yes, but what about the Melchester game?", because there hasn't been such a game in years and years - or that's how it feels :(

The truth!!!

Archived