IGNORED

English Patriotism.

BUTOR

English and British same to me.

A. however this country is declining very fast to many immigrants, short term immigration works but in 20 years when my kids are around my age it will bite us in the bum. Also as a country we have gone soft and can't say anything without being classed as a racist.

9 out of 10

I'm British and English - I don't see much difference, the union flag and the St George cross are much the same to me. Great Britain conquered nearly a third of the globe and won two world wars. We brought civilisation to the dark corners of the world where they ate each other and wore bones through their noses.

2) A: Being English is like winning first prize in the lottery of life.

3) Patriotism needs some context here - do you mean doing the best for your country? I would certainly like to preserve the British and English identity from American junk food and sentimentality.

Christ, do you actually believe what you wrote about "bringing civilisation to the dark corners of the world". You belong in the 19th century mate!

1. Are you more proud to be A) English B) British or C) neither?

B

2. Which of the following statements do you most agree with?

A) I am a proud citizen of England and I'd rather be English then any other nationality.

Or

B) Most things about my country today make me ashamed to be English.

I disagree strongly with both of these so dont know what to do...

3. On a scale of 1 to 10, how patriotic are you towards your country?

England 4. Britain 7.

Christ, do you actually believe what you wrote about "bringing civilisation to the dark corners of the world". You belong in the 19th century mate!

ha ha - well we did. We gave our former colonies back to the natives and they proceeded to turn them into basket cases. The only decent places left which we used to rule are the ones where our kith and kin stayed put (Aus, NZ, canada, US).

Give Scotland back to the natives and that will go the way of bongo bongo land.

I am currently working on an in depth report into English patriotism for a website after England was recently branded the least patriotic country in Europe. I was asked to do three things to contribute, one of them was write a survey and collect results. Seeing as going outside and asking the public face to face didn't work out, seriously, the amount of people who 'have a few minutes' is very little, I thought I'd do it on here.

Simply answer the following questions:

1. Are you more proud to be A) English B) British or C) neither? English

2. Which of the following statements do you most agree with?

A) I am a proud citizen of England and I'd rather be English then any other nationality.

Or

B) Most things about my country today make me ashamed to be English. Sort of both but although I think its shit here I wouldn't have it any other way so A in a twisted way

3. On a scale of 1 to 10, how patriotic are you towards your country? 8

I know this isn't football related, but please could the MODS leave this topic on the main forum as I am in need of some help to get this done and get my report sent in as soon as I can.

Thank you to all those that answer!

Why would people rather be English than another nationality? Why is English better than, say, German, Dutch, Kiwi, Canadian.....?

Genuine question. Would love to know people's thoughts.

If i was born in Germany i'd be proud to be German

If i was Scottish i would be proud to be from Scotland

If i was a gas head, well lets not go there! :city:

Why would people rather be English than another nationality? Why is English better than, say, German, Dutch, Kiwi, Canadian.....?

Genuine question. Would love to know people's thoughts.

I'm very proud to be British, as well as English, purely because I think per person we are probably the most successful country in the world. There is no real way of measurement, but in terms of successes, no other country can compare per capita. No matter which way you look at it, we are a hugely successful country, and people mistake our arrogance for self-pride. We've had the biggest empire in the history of civilisation, we've won every war since 1066 (may be wrong on that one, not sure), we've invented most of the most popular sports in the world, we own the world land speed record, the Internet was invented by a Brit, as was the phone, the TV, the best-selling books of all time were written by Brits (LOTR and Harry Potter), the richest sport in the world has 11 teams, 8 of which choose to base themselves in Britain, we helped develop the fastest passenger plane in the world, we have the best elite fighting force in the world. The list just goes on. Then there are those who say we are rubbish at sport. Well the Olympics suggest otherwise. We also are at the top, or have representatives near the top in most popular sports, cricket, rugby, formula one, tennis, cycling, rowing. Even time revolves around Greenwich.

We may have a crap rail system. We may have a bit of a chav culture. But there is no reason at all why anyone should hate Britain. There are a lot more worse places to live in comparison than better places to live.

Having said that, I would be proud to be German/Dutch, etc if I was from the relevant country. Patriotism is no different from supporting your local team, you want to stick to your "pack" so to speak.

A cross between our empirical past and political corectness makes being English and proud a difficult matter. Sorry I can't give definitive answers to your questoons, I 'm dyslesic, pissef and on a smart phone.

Also, ITV represents sensationalist shit. Embarrassing.

People say they are proud to be English/British which is fair enough but what is it exactly that makes you proud? because all i can see it this country going to the dogs where every way you turn you are being ripped off. Worse mistake i ever made was not going to Australia when i had the chance, the only thing i would miss about this country is the wonderful city of Bristol and my team, don't mean to upset or annoy anyone, it's just my personal view.

People say they are proud to be English/British which is fair enough but what is it exactly that makes you proud? because all i can see it this country going to the dogs where every way you turn you are being ripped off. Worse mistake i ever made was not going to Australia when i had the chance, the only thing i would miss about this country is the wonderful city of Bristol and my team, don't mean to upset or annoy anyone, it's just my personal view.

The English institution I love most is the traditional English pub, and that's being systematically destroyed by the puritans, the supermarkets and the pubcos.

its an interesting discussion. We do love a moan, I hate people having to be up at the crack of dawn, go to work in rush hour, consume their hours doing that, then come home in the rush hour, pay through the nosr for everything ~ no pay rise in 3 years despite inflation etc etc ec ******* cetra

But life is a gift that you can make of what you want, a laugh doesn't cost nothong neither does a helping hand to someone when they need it. The people are the constant, not the westher, and bell and broady done us proud..as did the lions.. going to bed, too pissed sorry redeye love you all xx

Archived