IGNORED

Jpt Draw!. Bristol City V Bristol Rovers!

CiderCraig

We will see, if we play at the uwe in front of 7 or 8000 then you will all be able to say that that's the reason for low crowds.

Personally I think our crowds wi start to mirror yours dependant on what level we play at. Of course we are already ahead of you for 4th tier where I believe you averaged around 3 or 4000

We are one league above you and have a much larger fan base.

Where are all your fans going to come from?

We are signing young hungry players like JET, Wynter etc.

You have O'Toole who hasn't had the best start and you have a lot of inconsistent kids.

Only 1 club has potential here and they don't wear quarters.

We will see, if we play at the uwe in front of 7 or 8000 then you will all be able to say that that's the reason for low crowds.

Personally I think our crowds wi start to mirror yours dependant on what level we play at. Of course we are already ahead of you for 4th tier where I believe you averaged around 3 or 4000

30 years ago GT, the world is a very different place nowadays. I appreciate you weren't around then but they were genuinely hard times.

Should we get the mods to put 'if we play at the UWE' in front of every post by one of your supporters to save you lot the effort?

are you changing your name when you move out of Bristol or keeping the same ?

I question the fact that your ST's are 'dearer than ours and most Prem teams' FG and surely the highlighted bit is the crux of the matter? Face it, your team have been crap for a long time.

Eastville was a tidy ground for the time, not much different to the Gate TBH.

The last paragraph is surely what you hope would happen as there are no guarantees that the SGB will answer all your problems, it's not a given that you suddenly rise up the leagues and 'attract the neutrals and prem supporters in Bristol'?

No disrespect but your post has no foundation at all, just a dream WTGR.

I didn't say anything about rising up the leagues. What I ment by true level is that playing in a modern stadium will provide the fans with the surroundings and facilities they expect for when paying for a ticket. This alone will see gates rise which in turn should help rovers find their true level. That may be league 2, but our fans need to put there money where there mouths are and start attending every week to give the club the financial clout needed to move up the leagues.

Once the uwe is built there can't be any more excuses. It's make or break time.

Well done, you get bigger crowds and will continue to for the foreseeable future. Our problem is that the facilities we have had to put up with have been and still are a disgrace. Most people will be put off going to the mem when it's pouring with rain as there is no cover. Twerton and eastville were just as bad. Then add the standard of football being served up and the fact our season tickets are more expensive than yours then and most prem teams, it's always going to be hard to get a decent crowd.

UWE will change this and turn rovers into a modern club, then we will start seeing gates increase and the gas will find have found their true level.

There you go mate I've corrected it for you.

I didn't say anything about rising up the leagues. What I ment by true level is that playing in a modern stadium will provide the fans with the surroundings and facilities they expect for when paying for a ticket. This alone will see gates rise which in turn should help rovers find their true level. That may be league 2, but our fans need to put there money where there mouths are and start attending every week to give the club the financial clout needed to move up the leagues.

I won't criticise your post but surely you have more than enough 'financial clout' to absolutely piss league 2? There aren't many clubs down there with new stadiums and your crowds are better than most at that level. Given FFP and the mentioned points, why are you still struggling in the basement then? if you can't get out of that league when you have a financial advantage over your competition then surely it follows that you won't do it when your bowl is built?

I won't criticise your post but surely you have more than enough 'financial clout' to absolutely piss league 2? There aren't many clubs down there with new stadiums and your crowds are better than most at that level. Given FFP and the mentioned points, why are you still struggling in the basement then? if you can't get out of that league when you have a financial advantage over your competition then surely it follows that you won't do it when your bowl is built?

Agree 100%. Victims of poor management since we got relegated. To many journeymen on large wages and long contracts. Still have buckles marquee signings here collecting money whilst mainly sitting on the side lines with injuries, then there's also mcghees big money signings such as clarkson, Kenneth etc. a lot of money squandered and sitting on the treatment table.

Without our advantage financially in this league the we would have been relegated by now. Arguably only Plymouth and Portsmouth along with us could have come through our injuries over the last year and a half and remained in the league. The rest would have been relegated.

The tourists may well come to start with but when they see the football is still cack they'll be off again

Well done, you get bigger crowds and will continue to for the foreseeable future. Our problem is that the facilities we have had to put up with have been and still are a disgrace. Most people will be put off going to the mem when it's pouring with rain as there is no cover. Twerton and eastville were just as bad. Then add the standard of football being served up and the fact our season tickets are more expensive than yours then and most prem teams, it's always going to be hard to get a decent crowd.

UWE will change this and turn rovers into a modern club, then we will start seeing gates increase and the gas will find their true level.

We must have lost thousands of floating fans when we were in bath for all those years but very soon we will become an attractive proposition to the neutrals and prem supporters in Bristol.

Just click your heels together and say "there's no place like home, no place like home".

Btw don't forget Toto.

Archived