IGNORED

Getting Annoyed With Jet

Welcome To The Jungle

Ridiculous comment by far our best player this season. I don't even think he is lazy just intelligent with his movement. Even if you do consider him lazy with 3 goals n how many assists in 4 games he is certainly doing his job. If he carries on how he has started he will quickly become a legend of this club.

I've just come on the forum and whilst it's all about opinions I cannot believe that anyone could be annoyed by JET so far this season.By far the best and most talented player at the club and is one of the reasons I've started going to the Gate again.I'ts been a long time since we've had a player like him who has already become a fans favourite in a short time.3 goals, 4 assists and a genuine crowd pleaser.If he makes you annoyed your watching the wrong sport.

I've just come on the forum and whilst it's all about opinions I cannot believe that anyone could be annoyed by JET so far this season.By far the best and most talented player at the club and is one of the reasons I've started going to the Gate again.I'ts been a long time since we've had a player like him who has already become a fans favourite in a short time.3 goals, 4 assists and a genuine crowd pleaser.If he makes you annoyed your watching the wrong sport.

Well said, you should post far more often my friend, City fans need a hero at this moment in time and we should be looking to build around him and not as in the past squeeze every little bit of individualism out of him like GJ did with Trundle.

He clearly has bags of ability and in the two games I have seen him in (Bradford & Wolves) he has scored two goals, both cracking finishes. He has also shown that ability in patches with some sublime bits of skill. Personally, I would like to see him up top alongside Baldock. At times, Baldock looked isolated on Saturday and I'm not sure JET is as effective as he could be playing in the 'hole' I also can see where the OP is coming from with his comments, he is a bit lazy from what I have seen so far, he doesn't even attempt to jump for the ball or use his height and weight advantage as he probably could/should and takes up some strange positions when we are attacking. I guess if he was perfect he wouldn't have been sold on by Arsenal and let go by Ipswich.

He is lazy, can't win anything in the air. Expects the world to revolve around him...but he is too bloody good not to have him in the side. When he scored I was delighted but a big part of me thought "not him again". Anyone else feeling this

No, even if he is lazy he has still scored 3 and assisted in others so who cares as long as he producing the goods on a regular basis.

He clearly has bags of ability and in the two games I have seen him in (Bradford & Wolves) he has scored two goals, both cracking finishes. He has also shown that ability in patches with some sublime bits of skill. Personally, I would like to see him up top alongside Baldock. At times, Baldock looked isolated on Saturday and I'm not sure JET is as effective as he could be playing in the 'hole' I also can see where the OP is coming from with his comments, he is a bit lazy from what I have seen so far, he doesn't even attempt to jump for the ball or use his height and weight advantage as he probably could/should and takes up some strange positions when we are attacking. I guess if he was perfect he wouldn't have been sold on by Arsenal and let go by Ipswich.

Sod where you write his name on a bit of paper let the bloke play where he wants as he's our best player by miles! Why pigeon hole him by telling him where to play, that seems to be have been why he hasn't done well at Ipswich and Cardiff. By all accounts he's had the best spell of his career playing in a free role at Donny under SOD so I'm happy to see him play that role here too if he keeps scoring and creating.

When you say he's not as effective as he could be playing the hole, are you expecting more than a goal and an assist per game?

Seems a little greedy.

When you say he's not as effective as he could be playing the hole, are you expecting more than a goal and an assist per game?

Seems a little greedy.

Are you expecting JET to score a goal and provide an assist per game?

The problem will start when the goals and assists dry up

When this happens lets see how many are happy that he is not putting a shift in

If that happens, start a thread. Don't start one when he's doing the business.

I know you didn't start it BTW.

The problem will start when the goals and assists dry up

When this happens lets see how many are happy that he is not putting a shift in

Whoever thinks he is not putting a shift in is not watching properly.

Why is it that every single talented attacking player we sign falls foul of this idiotic notion that they also have to cover every blade of grass?

I'd rather players with limited creativity and guile like Elliot or Pearson did the running and JET was available as an outlet.

No, why would you think that?

Well, let me adopt the O'Driscoll mantra. Suggesting that he is effective because he has scored two goals and made some assists in the first three games is confusing results with process.

If he does this over a season then I think we can agree he is effective. Like you, I don't think he will achieve this. But I do think he has more chance if he's less lazy and attempts to head the ball occasionally.

You were implying he is effective because he has made a significant contribution so far. This is the wrong attitude to have.

All hail O'Driscoll. :worship2:

Well, let me adopt the O'Driscoll mantra. Suggesting that he is effective because he has scored two goals and made some assists in the first three games is confusing results with process.

If he does this over a season then I think we can agree he is effective. Like you, I don't think he will achieve this. But I do think he has more chance if he's less lazy and attempts to head the ball occasionally.

You were implying he is effective because he has made a significant contribution so far. This is the wrong attitude to have.

All hail O'Driscoll. :worship2:

JET is not lazy, not one bit. He just understands that his job is to attack and to do that he has to be available in space. Also he does attempt to head the ball, he's just crap at it. I'd guess his depth perception is shot to hell if I'm honest.

Effective is a word that is defined by results. It's not a question of attitude really, but if you want to apply the S.O'D mantra it wouldn't hurt to understand it. If you read what he says his approach is actually all about results, and he appreciates results are the be all and end all.

He just wants people to behave and perform in ways that make results most likely. It's ironic that the small minority criticising JET seem to want the reverse - him to adopt behaviours likely to worsen results.

Anyway I thought it was obvious that I was pointing out the incongruity of suggesting a player who has scored three goals and created three or four in three league games might be more effective. I think people need to watch games more carefully before offering this sort of criticism.

Crikey if it wasn't for JET we'd have no points!

One thing I can't understand is for someone with such physical presence, he can't seem to cope with a ball not played to his feet! He doesn't seem to be able to jump in any way!

But I'm not complaining! If his scoring and assist record keeps going he will be our player of the season without a doubt!

But I'm not complaining! If his scoring and assist record keeps going he will be our player of the season without a doubt!

I'm not being pedantic, but if his scoring and assist record keeps going, that would probably make him the best signing, by any team, anywhere, ever! It doesn't happen. Unfortunately!

JET is not lazy, not one bit. He just understands that his job is to attack and to do that he has to be available in space. Also he does attempt to head the ball, he's just crap at it. I'd guess his depth perception is shot to hell if I'm honest.

Effective is a word that is defined by results. It's not a question of attitude really, but if you want to apply the S.O'D mantra it wouldn't hurt to understand it. If you read what he says his approach is actually all about results, and he appreciates results are the be all and end all.

He just wants people to behave and perform in ways that make results most likely. It's ironic that the small minority criticising JET seem to want the reverse - him to adopt behaviours likely to worsen results.

Anyway I thought it was obvious that I was pointing out the incongruity of suggesting a player who has scored three goals and created three or four in three league games might be more effective. I think people need to watch games more carefully before offering this sort of criticism.

I think you need to re-read what I wrote. And, it might help if you do the same for your own words as they are so ridiculous.

I wasn't suggesting anything about JET's attitude. I was referring to yours. In your original post, and repeated in this post, you claim that a player could not be more effective than 3 goals and 3 or 4 assists in as many games. Previously, you stated that you don't expect JET to maintain this. So, which is it to be?!?! Is he about to become ineffective when he fails to maintain this rate?

We'll just have to disagree with whether he is lazy or attempts to head the ball.

PS He did attempt to head the ball first half but then he gave up. Perhaps you should try concentrating on the game during the second half.

I think you need to re-read what I wrote. And, it might help if you do the same for your own words as they are so ridiculous.

I think you've misunderstood again.

I wasn't suggesting anything about JET's attitude. I was referring to yours.

I know, and I was pointing out that the word "effective" is defined by results, not by my attitude. And that you've misunderstood the O'Driscoll mantra - he certainly won't be encouraging JET to look busier off the ball because he will be smart enough to realise it will lead to worse results.

In your original post, and repeated in this post, you claim that a player could not be more effective than 3 goals and 3 or 4 assists in as many games. Previously, you stated that you don't expect JET to maintain this. So, which is it to be?!?! Is he about to become ineffective when he fails to maintain this rate?

I did not say he couldn't be more effective at all, I said it seemed greedy to expect more. I did not suggest failing to maintain that would mean he was ineffective, I just said I didn't expect him to maintain it. There is no inconsistency other than the one you've made up. It'd be nice if you could make an argument in terms of what I actually posted.

We'll just have to disagree with whether he is lazy or attempts to head the ball.

PS He did attempt to head the ball first half but then he gave up. Perhaps you should try concentrating on the game during the second half.

So do you actually think it's reasonable to expect JET to be more effective than he is at the moment then? Or are you just arguing against a position I didn't take for the hell of it?

Ridiculous comment by far our best player this season. I don't even think he is lazy just intelligent with his movement. Even if you do consider him lazy with 3 goals n how many assists in 4 games he is certainly doing his job. If he carries on how he has started he will quickly become a legend of this club.

he is in danger-given time-of making old Albert look like a show pony.....unless of course,being here drains it all out of him.

Archived