Are We Lacking Something?

Maybe if we play him in an advanced role alongside jet so may look like this

-------------------------- Fielding -------------------------

Moloney --------- flint ------------ Williams ------- Cunningham

Wagstaff ---------------- wynter -------------- Bryan

---------------- JET -------------------- Pack or REID

-------------------------------Baldock -----------------

A bit of aggression, we are too nice.

Don't get me wrong, I like a nice passing team but we are lacking that bit of bite. I don't want a team of thugs but we gave Wolves too much respect and only really got the ball off them by waiting for them to make a mistake rather than us taking it.

A bit of aggression, we are too nice.

Don't get me wrong, I like a nice passing team but we are lacking that bit of bite. I don't want a team of thugs but we gave Wolves too much respect and only really got the ball off them by waiting for them to make a mistake rather than us taking it.

Agree with all that. I also think we do not have a leader or a player grab the game by the scruff of the neck.

We got into the game by closing down and hustling the opposition... How come these intelligent players SOD talks about couldn't work that out for themselves during the first half??

Oh and surprise, surprise, these players schooled in England, in the English game suddenly looked better from the moment they switched to 442. Maybe it is less about intelligent players and more about simple systems.

We're missing loads, that's what rebuilding is. On the plus side the early signs of what is being put in place are encouraging even if we haven't got the points to show for it yet. After Kilkenny went off our midfield had a 19 year old making only his 3rd senior appearance, a 22 year old playing only his 3rd game at the highest level he's ever played at and another 19 year old Academy kid who has played most of his 1st team football on loan in League 2 apart from a few bit part appearances in the Championship. Our central defence pairing were a 20 year old who had never started a senior game before yesterday and a guy who's only just 24 and signed as one to develop who's already become the defender we're pinning all our hopes on. But we more than competed with a team thats got more experience, even a lot of their younger players, and better Academy kids to choose from. SOD's programme notes made it clear he wants to make more signingsso I'd say he'd agree with you OP.

We're lacking takers for Fontaine, Kilkenny, Elliott, Taylor, Pearson, Wilson.

As soon as that lot are gone, we can bring in more of the types of players we need.

Already can't wait for next season!

Are they all out of contract at the end of this season?

Other than a couple players, we are lacking the experience/mentality to see the game out at the moment.

85th minute equaliser for Bradford.

87th minute winner for Coventry.

85th minute winner for Wolves.

Other than a couple players, we are lacking the experience/mentality to see the game out at the moment.

85th minute equaliser for Bradford.

87th minute winner for Coventry.

85th minute winner for Wolves.

Or possibly the fitness? If you are tired your concentration drops and your discipline and skills can desert you. I was a bit perturbed by SO'D's virtual dismissal of the importance of fitness in pre-season. Didn't he pretty much say it was down to the individual player? A bit complacent I felt.

Or possibly the fitness? If you are tired your concentration drops and your discipline and skills can desert you. I was a bit perturbed by SO'D's virtual dismissal of the importance of fitness in pre-season. Didn't he pretty much say it was down to the individual player? A bit complacent I felt.

None of of those goals were anything to do with fitness. Think you've taken what he said a bit too literally.

Yeah good point. Surely most players would buy into that though????? Trouble is, if one or two don't we're ****ed! Exhibit A surely has to be Mr Maloney, he looked like he was towing an imaginary caravan yesterday.

Archived