IGNORED

James O'connor - Trial

ricardob59

As I have said on other topics on this I will give my overall opinion later on in the season but I see some signs of change , jet and boldock seem to be hungry to play, packs movement flint in the air and solid I know not good at turning quick and fielding after a shaky start ( I must admit in the first game I thought oh no another d j. ) seem to be ok, and the other youngsters in the team coming on. I feel optimistic, I know this statement might come to bite me on the bum later on . I will allways moan about player not up to playing I .e .fonts ,Killy at this moment, in time may be they need to move on . I will allways moan and cheer at matches but that's because I am c t I d .

That's the point I am making, Harewood was in the wilderness, even hapless Millwall didn't want him, but somehow SoD saw in him the player that would fit into our new passing game ethos.

With respect... do you not read what SoD said about Harewoods signing?

He was brought in to give experience and knowledge to the youngsters... not just for his footballing ability.

I should imagine any other signings of this calibre are for the same reasons.

That's the point I am making, Harewood was in the wilderness, even hapless Millwall didn't want him, but somehow SoD saw in him the player that would fit into our new passing game ethos.

There isn't a passing game ethos. It's a making the right choices ethos, be it passing or lumping it up the field.

I am not afraid to speak out, even if I am putting my neck on the line, as it was when I was the only one that was concerned about Coppell's commitment to the club. Cast your mind back when he couldn't be bothered to show up for our last two league games, I criticised him on here, and thought that he was not up to it, I got dog's abuse, but as it happen's I was spot on. No one piped up and had the ball's to apologise, so there you go it's the way that things are on here, but at least I can see the wood for the trees. But the last thing I want is for SoD to fail, Ike the way he set's up teams, but he is not the problem at the club.

We can start the ball rolllng by not being complacent with failure, and voicing our concerns, however if you are happy so be it, well done.

What about big black cock?

I am not afraid to speak out, even if I am putting my neck on the line, as it was when I was the only one that was concerned about Coppell's commitment to the club. Cast your mind back when he couldn't be bothered to show up for our last two league games, I criticised him on here, and thought that he was not up to it, I got dog's abuse, but as it happen's I was spot on. No one piped up and had the ball's to apologise, so there you go it's the way that things are on here, but at least I can see the wood for the trees. But the last thing I want is for SoD to fail, Ike the way he set's up teams, but he is not the problem at the club.

We can start the ball rolllng by not being complacent with failure, and voicing our concerns, however if you are happy so be it, well done.

That's a bit odd to me, he had a chance to be presented to the home fans and the last home match of the season, would have been a real plus...But families come first I suppose :ermm:

That was your comment. Hardly "speaking out".

No one is happy we have lost games, but we are slowly improving.

Wrong, lumping it is not SoD style, I can see the long ball has it's merits in a game, but keeping it on the deck is his way.

Wrong. Read his interview.

"The whole possession/passing thing is a bit of a misnomer. I’ve never coached passing; we aim to give players options on the ball, then coach decision-making. You can’t be predictable.

Sometimes passing it out from the back might be the right thing to do but why would you persist with doing that if your centre-halves or sitting midfield player then kept getting caught in possession in dangerous areas? If players are comfortable in possession and don’t lose the ball, like Xavi and Busquets, it’s an easy option to give it to them. But sometimes your keeper or centre-half spotting a striker has peeled off his man into a dangerous position in the channel, and playing the ball up to him, is completely the right thing. If you keep getting joy that way and you play 15-20 ‘long’ balls into that space, does that make you a long ball team or an intelligent one? "

Trouble is we have seen it all before, I hope these trialists are not merely wanting a contract with anyone, we have been a soft touch in this department of late. Looks like the youth policy has been shelved then? Let's go with experience, that'll do it.

How about going with a manager who has experience of building good teams with little resources to spend and getting promotion or shall we take your considered long term view and start slagging him off after 3 league games

Back on topic.

Between Kilkenny being subbed and Elliott coming on for Pack last week we effectively had a whole under 24 team out on the pitch.

Whatever the aim of our transfer policy it surely wasn't that we'd end up with entirely this sort of side.

I don't know O'Connor as a player, though as he's an Irish Brummie who's been at both Bournemouth and Doncaster I'd be pretty sure that O'Driscoll does.

Signing one 28 year old who can play in several defensive positions when we have started very poorly as a back four seems pretty sensible to me.

It's not just 3 games though is it. We've not won at home in the league since March and away since December last year. That's some record that needs addressing soon in the eyes of some fans. There isnt much to suggest that this is going to change as SO'D continues to tinker and get found out in the first half as per our last two matches... will things change? evidence so far isnt suggesting it will.

In case you didn't notice we have lost a number of our better/best players and he is now trying to buy on a budget and build a new team on the cheap.So you cannot pretend this is one continuous period.The start of this season is the beginning of building a new team and oh there's surprise he hasn't managed to do it after three league games. What the hell people expect.

Moloney was very good last season but has been poor so far this.

One factor no-one has mentioned is that he was outstanding at Hull last season playing on the right side of a back three with Foster playing RWB.

It is not beyond impossibility therefore that he could play there again in a 3-5-2 if O'Connor played on the right.

As for the post saying we should look to move James Wilson on, it seems blatantly obvious that as the only fit player with any sort of league experience who hasn't featured yet, if we could do so then we would have done so already.

I don't think Moloney has looked great, but he has at least been active. What worries me this season is that Cunningham has been playing as if he's under anaesthetic...

Archived