IGNORED

Any Successful Boring Managers?

BCFC Jimmer

I agree with you Sir and also don't give a monkies what other fans think. I just think if SOD had a bit more charisma he and the club could do even better!

Yeah agree to disagree, we are going round in circles Spud.

One of the most charismatic managers I can recall in football was Brian Clough and the media loved him and he got loads of air time. The problem was, most of that airtime was focussed on showcasing Brian Clough and not the team he was actually managing at the time!

Personality is fine, but that certainly isn't a requirement for a successful manager. If we find ourselves climbing the league, we'll get coverage, regardless of whether a manager is 'boring' or not.

For what it's worth, I reckon SO'D is far from boring and I am always impressed by the fact that his interviews always reflect a person who has watched the same match as I have. Down to earth honesty wins every time for me, rather than having an 'entertainer' in charge, who spends most of the interview spouting cliches and bollux.

That's what I'm hoping the voters will think about Ed M in 2015

Despite being red, and despising the Tories, even that might not be enough.

No identity. He needs to grow a pair and come out with a proper vision and plan. At the moment you couldn't concisely describe what Ed's Labour stands for.

Archived