IGNORED

Fontaine Abused In Portishead

coxyboy

Was not sure if I should start this topic due to numptys on here who slate you when your in the know but felt important to gauge views.

I know for a fact this week Fonts was outside Costa with his lad at Portishead when two youngsters in there teens started effing and blinding at him. He got up and walked off leaving his Coffee.

Know I for one am not a fan of his at all and to be honest I think he has been gash for a long time and the sooner he goes the better, but no player however crap they are deserved abuse outside match day. And what I mean by that is although not always right to give players stick on the pitch some will always thinks its there right as they pay the players wages but that is another argument!

However, how much my dislike for certain players as I do Fonts and Killer, If I saw them in the street I would never abuse them in anyway at all and that is disgusting to me. City fans need to get a grip and pay your money if you want and give some stick but please do not take it to the extreme. Your views?

In this situation its definitely wrong in my opinion if he's just out having a coffee minding his own business with his lad, especially with his lad as well.

well what the original poster forgot to mention was when the waitress bought his "caramel latte" out...he completely mis-timed where she was putting it and it fell on the floor. He just looked at her and shrugged his shoulders

Oh well.

Quick edit there!!!! Not on at all. Bloke has not had a good season last term and if he scored twice and hit the post some would now crucify him for not getting a hattrick!!!

Never on when a bloke is with his family like that. Says more about the lack of class of those involved in abusing the fella, than anything Fontaine has ever done.

On the pitch, footballers are generally fair game, although the dog's abuse that some receive almost before the whistle has been blown to start the match is unwarranted - we are, after all meant to be supporters not character assassins.

Off of the pitch, with or without their families, footballers are human beings with feelings and should be allowed to go about their business without abuse.

I was a fan of fonts but have to say he is struggling. I believe form will return given a break and careful man management could bring him back to previous form. But this is totally wrong. I don't like abuse even during a game but understand it. But this is out of order because the guy is not at work and also with kids. Fed up with all the negative heads peddling their negative speil and doing this kind of thing.

That said this may be the right place for people to vent their splean, just so long as players are professional and do not vist it.

I was a fan of fonts but have to say he is struggling. I believe form will return given a break and careful man management could bring him back to previous form. But this is totally wrong. I don't like abuse even during a game but understand it. But this is out of order because the guy is not at work and also with kids. Fed up with all the negative heads peddling their negative speil and doing this kind of thing.

That said this may be the right place for people to vent their splean, just so long as players are professional and do not vist it.

in any line of work, there comes a time when a change is needed and its time to move on. This was the case for Fontaine 18 months ago. He needs to move on to save his own career more then anything.

He went as far as he could at City. Whether his progress has been hampered by poor attitude or poor training on Citys front.....he needs to move on for everyones sake

I say that Will motivate him to give his best for the team ....

Morons !

Doubt it. If I was him, that would make me feel the lowest of all lows. Having your own fans abusing you on the street, infront of your kid would just be embarrassing.

Actually have sympathy for him, really do. Things like that can change a players view on club, and no matter how poor he's been doing, we don't want a player who thinks wrongly about us due to a couple of morons.

in any line of work, there comes a time when a change is needed and its time to move on. This was the case for Fontaine 18 months ago. He needs to move on to save his own career more then anything.

He went as far as he could at City. Whether his progress has been hampered by poor attitude or poor training on Citys front.....he needs to move on for everyones sake

Sometimes its not about endeavour attitude or training. You may be right and are more than entitled to your opinion, all i am saying is a couple of managers have for what ever reason had faith ( and even the harshest critic must concede he has been good ) and maybe see he has still yet plenty to offer. I agree his form is struggling and I know not why it is so, but believe its possible he can be brought back to the player he was..

Not the first time it's happened to a City player, doubt it will be the last

Still wrong.

The sadpoint however is that this post will no doubt be used as the basis of an Evening Post article to critise city fans, which will then spread to other media outlets regardless if the story is actually true.

Much as what's happened is wrong, could do without a thread about it.

Archived