IGNORED

Fontaine Abused In Portishead

coxyboy

I saw what you wrote before you deleted it and your wrong.

Anyone abusing a Dad in front of his kids is bang out of order and in my book a low life ****.

As i said in my first-written then re-thought post!

No good infront of the kids as i said. However it is, unfortunately part of the 'game' and the way society is, unfortunately. Social media and such increases conversation and goads people into doing such things, but it is wrong, as i said!! Yes i edited, as i re-thought after i posted, however it will happen as there will be jealousy of the lifestyle from everyone who wishes they couldve been a pro footballer but didnt, couldnt or cant be.

Im surprised he got face-to-face stick because we normally all reserve it for here snd hide behind the keyboard!!

Sorry Liam!!

As i said in my first-written then re-thought post!

No good infront of the kids as i said. However it is, unfortunately part of the 'game' and the way society is, unfortunately. Social media and such increases conversation and goads people into doing such things, but it is wrong, as i said!! Yes i edited, as i re-thought after i posted, however it will happen as there will be jealousy of the lifestyle from everyone who wishes they couldve been a pro footballer but didnt, couldnt or cant be.

Im surprised he got face-to-face stick because we normally all reserve it for here snd hide behind the keyboard!!

Sorry Liam!!

I respect your reply and also get the lifestyle thing. He is more than lucky and IMHO he is paid a lot of monety to deliver, but football has a grossly inflated money structure and I for one dislike it. I would agree Fonts is not currently delivering how he should given the pay he is given but that is how football is. Fonts is shot away devoid of confidence, playing in a defence that has not delivered but unlike Mcmanus and others he is still there. Flint put his hand up against Coventry and this is what fonts needs to do. He needs to stand up to people who pay money to see him do a job and say, I didnt deliver. But it is not all about fonts fielding cost us flint has cost us. Fonts for me is very much in if not before the last chance saloon, but today is not ever going to do him any good, and may in fact give him the attitude why bother. As long as he is red he will get my support.

Lets be fair we have hardly been super fans, most of us have not delivered giving half hearted support, slagging players when we all we do is get on their backs. People are right to want change, but change starts with ourselves as it does fonts. Nothing becomes successful with negativity or without delivering performance

There are City fans performing well below what Fonts is giving.

Didn't this happen to Tinnion about 15 or so years back.?

I know that he bounced back I just hope that Fonts does.

It is and always will be unacceptable to abuse somebody especially in front of his kids.

Fair play to him for not reacting - that was classy if not difficult for him.

Was not sure if I should start this topic due to numptys on here who slate you when your in the know but felt important to gauge views.

I know for a fact this week Fonts was outside Costa with his lad at Portishead when two youngsters in there teens started effing and blinding at him. He got up and walked off leaving his Coffee.

Know I for one am not a fan of his at all and to be honest I think he has been gash for a long time and the sooner he goes the better, but no player however crap they are deserved abuse outside match day. And what I mean by that is although not always right to give players stick on the pitch some will always thinks its there right as they pay the players wages but that is another argument!

However, how much my dislike for certain players as I do Fonts and Killer, If I saw them in the street I would never abuse them in anyway at all and that is disgusting to me. City fans need to get a grip and pay your money if you want and give some stick but please do not take it to the extreme. Your views?

Low. Hope Fonts can come back and be a good defender again.

shocking. and in front of his son too... not good.. and when this gets back to the squad is this really going to help our plight?

Fonts needs time away from this right now and an opportunity to find form again elsewhere.. but I cannot see a future here anymore..

it's damn shame as I really did think he had what it took several years back to potentially be a solid championship standard defender and maybe even better.

well if Fonts reads this thread iam certain this will help him realise that we are decent folk on here and the majority are with him and willing him to get his mojo back.

we love you Fontaine we do

we love you Fontaine we do

Spot on, and although some may not agree I think if that was chanted if/when he next plays for us that may help him with some confidence

Spot on, and although some may not agree I think if that was chanted if/when he next plays for us that may help him with some confidence

It would indeed, massive shot in the arm for confidence. But it aint gonna happen, the tide has turned me thinks!

A loan deal with a view to securing a contract when his runs out in 2014 is a wise decision.

It is a shame, because i believe and understand he has had problems off the field, relationships and stuff, so it must have effected his performances/confidence.

The guy is human,ok he has not been at his best for a while but give the guy his dignity, he is a footballer, he is a human being at the end of the day and things which change and effect us are the same for Fonts.

It would indeed, massive shot in the arm for confidence. But it aint gonna happen, the tide has turned me thinks!

A loan deal with a view to securing a contract when his runs out in 2014 is a wise decision.

It is a shame, because i believe and understand he has had problems off the field, relationships and stuff, so it must have effected his performances/confidence.

The guy is human,ok he has not been at his best for a while but give the guy his dignity, he is a footballer, he is a human being at the end of the day and things which change and effect us are the same for Fonts.

i feel for him too but if the home life problems are true then he shouldnt be in the squad as hes not mentally up to the job.

that responsibility lies at the hands of SoD

i feel for him too but if the home life problems are true then he shouldnt be in the squad as hes not mentally up to the job.

that responsibility lies at the hands of SoD

Fair comment, makes sense. I guess if SOD sees a problem then he will deal with it how he sees fit.

Its just a shame because people have short memorys,he was once a very good player & promised a lot.

As much as I feel he has been poor over the past few seasons, abusing him in front of his son is appalling behaviour. I've seen him in there a couple times with his lad, unfortunately there's some ****s who support this team, much like any, and I'm surprised he didn't confront the horrible little scrotes! His confidence must be at an all time low now.

We've always had an element of bully boys amongst our support and there's always someone in the firing line.

I remember one away match when it was Tinnion's turn and a bloke behind us was abusing him. The bloke I was with had a right go at the bloke giving the abuse and it turned quite nasty. Told him to go and support the home team if that was his attitude. Bloke giving the abuse muttered that other people were abusing Tinnion so it was fair enough.

To do that to Fontaine when he's out with his boy is as low as it goes (If it really happened) but the general abuse that the player gets week in week out goes some way to make it 'ok' in my opinion.

Sometimes I really am ashamed of some of our supportes, or should I say followers

Archived