IGNORED

Stadium Mk - Thoughts

SecretSam

This stadium architect I the same as ours for the new/developed stadium.

Also hugely responsible for:

The Emirates

Stade de Luz (Portugal)

Wembley

All better than the average 'bowl'.

And I also believe he is Bristolian. So basically, we are in good hands if/when our stadium malarkey finally pushes onto carrying out the building work.

Shame all those stadiums are shit

The Emirates is one of the worst grounds in Britain. New Wembley is a soulless joke

Haven't been to Stade de Luz but considering its a like for like replica of the Emirates I don't anticipate it being a decent ground

Is it too late to get a proper stadium architect in?

So nothing unique about the ground then. Another identikit ground like all the other soulless bowls. And you're happy with that ?

After the crap stadia we have had to endure over the years, yes I am happy.

Also happy with the positive feedback from your fans on visit to mk!

Look forward to the diggers rolling in in 3 weeks! When's your next lot of planning permission getting turned down?

After the crap stadia we have had to endure over the years, yes I am happy.

Also happy with the positive feedback from your fans on visit to mk!

Look forward to the diggers rolling in in 3 weeks! When's your next lot of planning permission getting turned down?

Shame like the Franchise Dons you wont even half fill the ground, will look as embarrassing as yesterday.. probably even worse as you are in the basement.

I thought it was one of the better new stadiums,the black brickwork gives it a different look (and more expensive) and inside the seating is some of the most comfortable that I have seen in a stadium.

I would love it if Bristol City could get a similar stadium to play in.

All that the MK Dons need now is some fans to fill it !

Glad you guys like it, the uwe is pretty much the same design except all on one tier. Good feedback from you ref acoustics, seating and the concourse.

Only 3 weeks to go and the diggers should be moving in.

Makes sense to use an existing design, it works at MK who are a franchise team, so should be fine for a bunch of pikeys like the Gas :laughcont:

As noted above, part of AV was based on the Stadium MK, so it's a little self-defeating for us to slag the Sags for copying it...

Horrible ground, horrible club, cannot think of a worse day at football and it was my 74th ground watching City. If that is the way forward then they can keep it.

Love City but hate the way football is going. :angry:

Seriously? The worst day?

I've been to Aldershot, Luton, Eastville, Brighton's Goldstone Ground, Chester's old ground, Southend, the old Den, need I go on? As you've been to most of the footie league grounds, you must have been to some of these. Are you seriously suggesting that these were 'nicer' than Stadium MK? Putting the politics of the club aside, that is.

I've been to Aldershot, Luton, Eastville, Brighton's Goldstone Ground, Chester's old ground, Southend, the old Den, need I go on? As you've been to most of the footie league grounds, you must have been to some of these. Are you seriously suggesting that these were 'nicer' than Stadium MK? Putting the politics of the club aside,

O.K, maybe not THE WORST but it was awful. I've have been to Luton, Eastville, Goldstone, Sealand Road, Southend, The Den (but not to see a game) & Aldershot and it was worse than all of those. I guess when you go to these "Purpose Built grounds bowls UWE" you expect a bit more? Due to traffic I got to the ground at 15:10, got in to the ground at half time. Stewards were the worst I have ever known in 30 years of watching City, they were over joyed to be unhelpfull.

They struggled with 7000, imagine if they ever put the rest of the seat seats in, and then fill them!!!

O.K, maybe not THE WORST but it was awful. I've have been to Luton, Eastville, Goldstone, Sealand Road, Southend, The Den (but not to see a game) & Aldershot and it was worse than all of those. I guess when you go to these "Purpose Built grounds bowls UWE" you expect a bit more? Due to traffic I got to the ground at 15:10, got in to the ground at half time. Stewards were the worst I have ever known in 30 years of watching City, they were over joyed to be unhelpfull.

They struggled with 7000, imagine if they ever put the rest of the seat seats in, and then fill them!!!

OK, well can't comment on your travel experience, I live in Aylesbury which is only 20 miles away and go to MK all the time, so I knew where to go etc (Ikea was my choice as it turned out)

I found the stewards and other staff OK, but I had my kids with me which may have made a difference to the way I was treated as an away fan.

Why on earth did you go to the Den if not to see a game? Bandit country!!!!

I've been to Aldershot, Luton, Eastville, Brighton's Goldstone Ground, Chester's old ground, Southend, the old Den, need I go on? As you've been to most of the footie league grounds, you must have been to some of these. Are you seriously suggesting that these were 'nicer' than Stadium MK? Putting the politics of the club aside, that is.

All these stadiums, while dumps, ooze character (yes, even Eastville). I'd much rather watch a game there, with proper banter and atmosphere, than sat in a giant piece of lego, which may have a comfy seat with a half-decent view, but also takes away any atmosphere or anything that going to football is all about.

Strangely, I actually think Ashton Vale looks good. It's enough to separate it from the bowls at least, even if it is based on one. Would be a good compromise between modern facilities while maintaining character.

So basically we use the same architects as MK and the design of AV is very similar, the sags come along and use a stripped down version of it, using basic materials etc and then come to gloat how they are going to have an amazing stadium like MK. Always knew they wanted to be just like us but their stadium will lack class just like their fans.

It's ok mate, I know it's hard for you after admiting that stadium mk is one of the best new grounds you have been to, and then finding out its what the uwe is modelled on, must make you feel dirty!!

Still at least you have the consolation of knowing that the lower tier of AV uses the " blueprint" of stadium mk so you to will have a great new stadium that isn't in any way like a bowl.

Edit,

Just read AV is for the wrong type of Pooh. At least the dogs will be happy!!

What a nause!!

Why are you on this forum?

Where do you gasheads get this down right stupid BLIND optimism from, it's borders on insanity.

You have very little going for you. No academy, no money, just a small club building a standard 20,000 stadia. hmmm how exciting.

Wake up and smell the coffee, oh and get a ******* life!!

So basically we use the same architects as MK and the design of AV is very similar, the sags come along and use a stripped down version of it, using basic materials etc and then come to gloat how they are going to have an amazing stadium like MK. Always knew they wanted to be just like us but their stadium will lack class just like their fans.

Who said anything about basic materials! Plus I wasn't gloating, if you read my op, I was thanking your fans for the feedback on stadium mk on issues such as acoustics etc.

It's strange though as before my post, nearly all the feedback was very good, then the uwe similarities are raised and it has suddenly become an identikit Lego set!!!! Unless of course, references are made to AV, then it becomes a decent bottom tier again!!!

What a nause!!

Why are you on this forum?

Where do you gasheads get this down right stupid BLIND optimism from, it's borders on insanity.

You have very little going for you. No academy, no money, just a small club building a standard 20,000 stadia. hmmm how exciting.

Wake up and smell the coffee, oh and get a ******* life!!

Blind optimism, or excitement for finally getting a decent place to go and watch the gas.

As for academy, how many first team players have come through your ranks? Our youth set up is doing fine thanks, youth cup winners last season with 4 or 5 18 year olds already making regular first team appearances!

As for no money, regardless of how much your owner is worth, he can't invest in the playing side unless its within FFP, and looking at your set up, there can't be much spare cash when your already paying champ wages and a level 2 academy to pay for!

All these stadiums, while dumps, ooze character (yes, even Eastville). I'd much rather watch a game there, with proper banter and atmosphere, than sat in a giant piece of lego, which may have a comfy seat with a half-decent view, but also takes away any atmosphere or anything that going to football is all about.

Strangely, I actually think Ashton Vale looks good. It's enough to separate it from the bowls at least, even if it is based on one. Would be a good compromise between modern facilities while maintaining character.

With you.

Even the pikey mem, whilst being extremely ripe for piss-taking due to it's run down hodge-podge medieval tented appearance...is actually one of the most colourful and character rich grounds in the country.

We shall see! Until then we will go ahead and fill your beloved south stand

Do you gas bas**** sorry meant fans (ha ha ha) have nothing better to do that come on the City forum & try to make every thread about you, piss back off & play with your self on your own forum or are you banned from there as well

Blind optimism, or excitement for finally getting a decent place to go and watch the gas.

As for academy, how many first team players have come through your ranks? Our youth set up is doing fine thanks, youth cup winners last season with 4 or 5 18 year olds already making regular first team appearances!

As for no money, regardless of how much your owner is worth, he can't invest in the playing side unless its within FFP, and looking at your set up, there can't be much spare cash when your already paying champ wages and a level 2 academy to pay for!

Fork me ... you back again .......I bet it was a shock when you found out that even Newport Rugby ground is better then the mem shitho le ......... if you actualy bothered to get orf your shellsuited ar5e to travel all the way there that is...

As for your plastic dream.... ..... I fart in your general direction.....

Now go away or we will taunt you a second time.....

Who said anything about basic materials! Plus I wasn't gloating, if you read my op, I was thanking your fans for the feedback on stadium mk on issues such as acoustics etc.

It's strange though as before my post, nearly all the feedback was very good, then the uwe similarities are raised and it has suddenly become an identikit Lego set!!!! Unless of course, references are made to AV, then it becomes a decent bottom tier again!!!

Your ground is being done on the cheap, please explain to me how your ground has any similarities to MK or even AV cos I fail to see it! I think your getting a tad too excited and ahead of yourself and thinking your bigger and better than you actually are, lay off the sweets if I was you, only a week left of summer holidays, wouldn't want you getting grounded for the rest of it.

It's only you comparing MK to uwe!! wipe the shit off of your glasses and make sure mummy don't find them tissues ;)

That level 2 academy will cherry pick anything half decent from your shite leaving you with **** all

Us becoming a cat 1 in the future.

Not that easy though mate, and this is by no means a dig as pretty much every team outside of the 20 or so cat 1 academy's are effected.

Apparently once the criteria for cat 1 has been achieved the running costs are 2.4 million a year which is a massive chunk of anyone's budget operating within FFP. It's only really viable for prem teams receiving Murdoch $ to achieve this. Even Newcastle do not run a cat 1 academy.

So as far as I see it, that leaves the rest of us loosing our best players to higher cat academy's for next to nothing and fishing around for the players released by cat 1 academy's who never made the grade.

Academy costs don't count towards FFP

Didn't know that, every days a school day!!

Still a hell of a lot of money though. Not sure of your academy's running costs but even if its half tha cost of level 1 then you would have to produce a player each year worth at least 1.25 million to justify the cost. Of course that's if a cat 1 club doesn't steal the player for peanuts before he can sign professional papers.

Archived