IGNORED

Bristol On Ssn

UREDS_91

It is really annoying and insulting.

But I think, more tellingly, it just shows how our city is perceived football-wise. And that is not as a football city at all. It isn't just sky that do it; I've heard it everywhere from five live to talk sport and everywhere else in between. Even fans from other club s say it.

I think we're just going to have to accept that until both bristol clubs are achieving at a level to gain enough national exposure to erase the error from the public's subconscious out will remain.

Unfortunately, I think that means both clubs playing at least at champ level, maybe even prem, so looks like were just gonna have to get used to it!!

I have just Emailed SSN the follwing

Why do SSN constantly refer to Bristol City as just 'Bristol' when they report on them ? The name is BRISTOL CITY you wouldn't call Sheff Utd or Weds just 'Sheffield' or Man Utd or City just as Manchester. Bristol is the town we come from, we have our own identity within that city, we are know as BRISTOL CITY not just Bristol that is what the rugby club are known as. Please get this right or are you going to start calling all clubs by the city they are from rather than their team name ie Arsenal, West Ham or Tottenham calling them LONDON or Port Vale as Stoke or how about going one step further and call Swansea city and Cardiff City just Wales

Why do SSN constantly refer to Bristol City as just 'Bristol' when they report on them ? The name is BRISTOL CITY you wouldn't call Sheff Utd or Weds just 'Sheffield' or Man Utd or City just as Manchester. Bristol is the town we come from, we have our own identity within that city, we are know as BRISTOL CITY not just Bristol that is what the rugby club are known as. Please get this right or are you going to start calling all clubs by the city they are from rather than their team name ie Arsenal, West Ham or Tottenham calling them LONDON or Port Vale as Stoke or how about going one step further and call Swansea city and Cardiff City just Wales

That will give them a laugh.

I personally could not give a monkey poo what they call us. 'Bristol' on its own sounds pretty awesome to me anyway.

Not the first time. I tweeted at them asking why it's ok to do that but why they'd never say 'Manchester' or 'Sheffield'. They won't respond.

It's not just Sky. In the 1st div days of the 70's, BBC would refer to us as Bristol and the opponents as United. My Dad reckons that shows we were not considered to be a big club.

I hope they don't start calling us Bristol Town after that email!

That will give them a laugh.

I personally could not give a monkey poo what they call us. 'Bristol' on its own sounds pretty awesome to me anyway.

You have sinned. Go and think about the crime, and return when you understand the error of your ways.

Not to me it doesn't. It sounds like the rugby team.

This will never change until Bristol has a Prem team and gets more coverage.

If we get to the Premiership and Rovers are still in L2 - then I imagine we will be referred to as Bristol more, not less.

I don't think I have ever heard any report, or commentary where someone has said Bristol and I have been confused as to who they are referring to -

Wow, I hope that's not a copy and paste of the email you actually sent!

All they will do with that is share it round the office and piss themselves with laughter! Absolutely cringeworthy

Couldn't care less. More important things to worry about. Someone was even insulted! Alright precious.

That be me, my precious.

Don't you find it annoying at all? Fair enough the other clubs fans having a dig, intentionally or not, but the fact the nation's media singles us out (again intentionally or not) from all the other cities with two teams is a direct insult, and a just one, since we haven't been good enough success wise to rectify it.

It's confirmation that we're shit.

If we get to the Premier League and Rovers are still in L2 - then I imagine we will be referred to as Bristol more, not less.

I don't think I have ever heard any report, or commentary where someone has said Bristol and I have been confused as to who they are referring to -

I agree. Get in the prem and the scumbags are nowhere to be seen, then we will be referred to as bristol in the same way hull and swansea are.

Archived