IGNORED

Bristol On Ssn

UREDS_91

That be me, my precious.

Don't you find it annoying at all? Fair enough the other clubs fans having a dig, intentionally or not, but the fact the nation's media singles us out (again intentionally or not) from all the other cities with two teams is a direct insult, and a just one, since we haven't been good enough success wise to rectify it.

It's confirmation that we're shit.

I must say it really doesn't bother me. The part of your post which I have highlighted is a pretty crucial one for me.

We all like to shout about there being only One Team In Bristol - hell, this here forum is called OTIB.

You can't have it both ways boys. Either there is only One Team In Bristol or there isn't. If there is, then it is perfectly acceptable to refer to us as Bristol.

Locally of course, we will always call ourselves City. As in : "Are you goin' down City tonight?" or "'Ow did City get on then?". I don't know of anyone who says "Are you goin' down Bristol City tonight?".

So City is the correct term to use for us locals. If the nation want to call us Bristol then that's fine by me. That's the national recognition that there is only One Team In Bristol. Embrace it I say.

It would be if they really were referring to just us, but they aren't.

They don't differentiate between city or rovers: we're both just 'bristol'. That's why it's so pants. We're both so far off everyone's radar that we're just the Same. The otib thing, song, phrase and forum, is banter. I for one am glad there are two, or occasions such as next wed would never happen.

This Bristol thing is a reoccurring debate. All I remember is that the chant of "Bristol" usually went up prior to some team's fans getting a kicking and I don't remember any City fans complaining at the time!

Back in the day, we'd chant "Bristol" at away games and "City" at home.

It would be if they really were referring to just us, but they aren't.

They don't differentiate between city or rovers: we're both just 'bristol'. That's why it's so pants. We're both so far off everyone's radar that we're just the Same. The otib thing, song, phrase and forum, is banter. I for one am glad there are two, or occasions such as next wed would never happen.

^ this. How very arrogant (as usual) from a section of your fans to think that only City are referred to as 'Bristol'.

If Rovers are mentioned on national TV or in the press we're often referred to as 'Bristol'. No 'one team in Bristol' about it all. To everyone else were 2 no-mark teams.

Can't think of any other examples where this rule applies, even in Nottingham there's always a differentiation (I don't hear Notts County called Nottingham), nor Sheffield, Manchester etc - only tends to apply to Bristol.

^ this. How very arrogant (as usual) from a section of your fans to think that only City are referred to as 'Bristol'.

If Rovers are mentioned on national TV or in the press we're often referred to as 'Bristol'. No 'one team in Bristol' about it all. To everyone else were 2 no-mark teams.

Can't think of any other examples where this rule applies, even in Nottingham there's always a differentiation (I don't hear Notts County called Nottingham), nor Sheffield, Manchester etc - only tends to apply to Bristol.

How very arrogant of you to come onto my forum and spout your nonsense. Who the **** asked you you ******* snivelling****.

You're up to 380 posts now. That's impressive for someone who doesn't follow the team this forum is designed for. Particularly since you don't seem to follow your own team very much! You sure you're one of the blue few?

Coming to the Gate next week Danny? Would love to meet up and tell you to **** off in person. Please.

How very arrogant of you to come onto my forum and spout your nonsense. Who the **** asked you you ******* snivelling ****.

You're up to 380 posts now. That's impressive for someone who doesn't follow the team this forum is designed for. Particularly since you don't seem to follow your own team very much! You sure you're one of the blue few?

Coming to the Gate next week Danny? Would love to meet up and tell you to **** off in person. Please.

Sadly I won't be at the Gate next week. Would love to meet you all and share a friendly pint in the spirit of good natured rivalry :) ????

Sadly I won't be at the Gate next week. Would love to meet you all and share a friendly pint in the spirit of good natured rivalry :)

You won't get a friendly pint out of me you scummy****. Why don't you just piss off, no one is interested in what you have to say.

That's ok, next time I'm down I'll buy you one :)

I'm sure we'll get on like a house on fire sharing stories about the good old days following our respective clubs :)

Well, I'll have plenty of stories. You on the other hand don't seem to follow your club, so I think it would be a one-way conversation, probably culminating in me ripping your ******* teeth out you whiny little gypo ****! Can you please **** off now, please.

Well, I'll have plenty of stories. You on the other hand don't seem to follow your club, so I think it would be a one-way conversation, probably culminating in me ripping your ******* teeth out you whiny little gypo ****! Can you please **** off now, please.

:laugh: harry. You had a bad day? not sure I can remember you ever ripping into someone like that

That's ok, next time I'm down I'll buy you one :)

I'm sure we'll get on like a house on fire sharing stories about the good old days following our respective clubs :)

Daniel, mines a peroni or a gold. It better be cold. I'm hoping your offer is open to the whole forum?

Edit everyone, get your order in, Daniel is buying.

Season ticket holder and 100% attendance until I moved up North 4 and a half years ago. Plenty of stories, was there as Rickie left Basso on his knees the last time we met in the JPT :)

Still get to just under half the home games and a few away games whenever I can... Tell you what next time I'm down (in a couple of weeks) pop over to the Mem and I'll get the rounds in before and after the game :)

Can't say fairer than that?

:laugh: harry. You had a bad day? not sure I can remember you ever ripping into someone like that

Ha ha, you don't remember this one then :

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/153842-what-are-people-expectations-next-season/page-3

Nah, not having a bad day, I'm actually feeling very upbeat this evening.

Just pissed off with this DannyFanny who preaches his bullshit and doesn't even have the balls to turn up next week and face the music. The man's a maggot.

EDIT : Actually I wasn't quite so sweary in that previous outburst!! And the fact I'm even replying to the**** is going against all of my principals. I'll quit now. This Dancing Fanny can carry on letting City rule his every evening.

Ha ha, you don't remember this one then :

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/153842-what-are-people-expectations-next-season/page-3

Nah, not having a bad day, I'm actually feeling very upbeat this evening.

Just pissed off with this DannyFanny who preaches his bullshit and doesn't even have the balls to turn up next week and face the music. The man's a maggot.

I can't remember that one :)

Take the free pint. :) make sure it comes straight from the bar tender though!

Archived