IGNORED

Derby Day Insight

Evander SnowyField

I don't want to sound elitist but I'm not sure I could name more than one or two rovers players, could anyone shed any light on any potential danger men (don't laugh)?

Any likely tactics?

Areas we should be worried about being weak in against their likely line up?

I'm finding adjusting to league one players hard enough, I have no idea about who's who in League Two!

Old timer ex Swndon & Yeovil goalie.

Lard Arse Centre back.

City reject Clarkson.

Ex Yeovil Ginger bean pole Matt Harold.

Plus the ex jockey Jonjo O'Neal ???

Plus a load of kids.

Manager Mr Nice Wardy, ex City manager who legged it when Benny arrived

Tactics; smash it long to the bean pole.

I don't want to sound elitist but I'm not sure I could name more than one or two rovers players, could anyone shed any light on any potential danger men (don't laugh)?

Any likely tactics?

Areas we should be worried about being weak in against their likely line up?

I'm finding adjusting to league one players hard enough, I have no idea about who's who in League Two!

Experienced front line in Harrold and Clarkson i think they have some decent youngsters as well. i would be more worried about how we play, play well and we win the game simple really.

Tactics, skill and ability are irrelevant.

This is a Bristol derby.

Blood, guts and sweat are all that matters. In my experience, there will be any of the following:

1. A sending off and enough cards to stock a branch of WH Smith's
  2. At least one incident of handbags on the pitch
  3. A penalty, and likely a penalty save
  4. An atmosphere that would make grown men quake and fear for their lives. Forget the pansy pretenders in Glasgow, Istanbul, Milan...this is the derby.

Let battle commence.

Tactics, skill and ability are irrelevant.

This is a Bristol derby.

Blood, guts and sweat are all that matters. In my experience, there will be any of the following:

1. A sending off and enough cards to stock a branch of WH Smith's
  2. At least one incident of handbags on the pitch
  3. A penalty, and likely a penalty save
  4. An atmosphere that would make grown men quake and fear for their lives. Forget the pansy pretenders in Glasgow, Istanbul, Milan...this is the derby.

Let battle commence.

Mr Stockhousen is editing and copying this already !

There's no way Rovers can possibly win this one.

Half the team out injured, full of kids that were playing for our Youth Team this time last season (and we know our Youth setup is cr*p compared to your Level 2 Academy), other players literally just back from injury and not match fit, a team of fat, unfit hoofballers who just want to whack and injure your players. Likely to be fighting relegation to the Conference again this season, no money, no hope, used to playing in front of tiny crowds in a small delapidated stadium.

City, on the otherhand, are Championship quality, building for the Premier League (sic), are going to 'walk League 1 this season' (sic), have an incredibly intelligent manager with an amazing footballing brain who talks so well about his footballing philosophy, play a brand of slick "total football" not seen since the likes of Cruyff and Pele, backed by the most vociferous and hostile fans in the most characterful, intimidating and atmospheric stadium in the land. Loadsa money, used to playing in front of large crowds in big games in the Championship.

Anything less than a 3 goal win for City considering you're at home, are in a higher division, just out of the Championship, all the money and resources you have available etc would be an embarrassment in my opinion for you. I just hope Rovers can put up a decent performance and keep the score down to manageable levels - so much is in your favour that there's no way you can lose.

Half the team out injured, full of kids that were playing for our Youth Team this time last season (and we know our Youth setup is cr*p compared to your Level 2 Academy), other players literally just back from injury and not match fit, a team of fat, unfit hoofballers who just want to whack and injure your players. Likely to be fighting relegation to the Conference again this season, no money, no hope, used to playing in front of tiny crowds in a small delapidated stadium.

City, on the otherhand, are Championship quality, building for the Premier League (sic), have an incredibly intelligent manager with an amazing footballing brain who talks so well about his footballing philosophy, play a brand of slick "total football" not seen since the likes of Cruyff and Pele, backed by the most vociferous and hostile fans in the most characterful, intimidating and atmospheric stadium in the land. Loadsa money, used to playing in front of large crowds in big games in the Championship.

Anything less than a 3 goal win for City considering you're at home, are in a higher division, just out of the Championship, all the money and resources you have available etc would be an embarrassment in my opinion for you. I just hope Rovers can put up a decent performance and keep the score down to manageable levels - so much is in your favour that there's no way you can lose.

But...

What's your point Danny?

City, on the otherhand, are Championship quality, building for the Premier League (sic), are going to 'walk League 1 this season' (sic), have an incredibly intelligent manager with an amazing footballing brain who talks so well about his footballing philosophy, play a brand of slick "total football" not seen since the likes of Cruyff and Pele, backed by the most vociferous and hostile fans in the most characterful, intimidating and atmospheric stadium in the land. Loadsa money, used to playing in front of large crowds in big games in the Championship.

Finally a Gashead that talks sense ;0)

but you have the greatest fans on the planet.. surely that will boost your clearly depleted squad? You sing everywhere you go, take 3000 fans to away matches and 40,000 fans to home.. you are one of a kind

A) You are not even going to the game.

B) I don't think you will find many proper City fans that think our chances this season match those that you describe.

C) Most of your injured players have returned to the squad now. You must be carefull not to confuse being injured with being shite.

D) other than that, your summary of Bristol Rovers sounds fairly accurate. Well done.

E) Now **** off.

Not really what I was looking for as we know all about our team. You sure you're not a red on the windup?

Anyway, a word of advice if you don't mind. When you're stuck in a deep hole, you ain't gonna dig your way out!

Would any REAL gasheads care to tell us about their team as this bloke obviously hasn't got a scooby?

B) I don't think you will find many proper City fans that think our chances this season match those that you describe.

C) Most of your injured players have returned to the squad now. You must be carefull not to confuse being injured with being shite.

D) other than that, your summary of Bristol Rovers sounds fairly accurate. Well done.

E) Now **** off.

Point C is class. Excellent. Haha

My 2 pennies worth...

Rovers are far froma team of cloggers as suggested ,

hard working good ball playing centre half in Tom Parkes who will go on to play at a higher level, partners old fashioned more physical centre half in Mark Mccrystal.... a steady centre half partnership

THe now famous John Joe O'toole is a combative excellent central midfielder and on his day should be playing at a much better level will get stuck in and can pick a pass and strike a ball well

Ellis Harrison and Alfe Santos (one of the 2 will feature id have thought with the other on the bench) are to very promising youngsters who will cause your lot problems with pace and skill if they play.

Matt Harrold has more to his game than a big lump up front and his goal scoring record at rovers is none to shabby , Clarkson obvioyusly known to you , struggled with injuries like his time with you but seems fitter and has found the net a few times already

My Player to watch is Micheal Smith come on leaps and bounds since signing from Irish league playing at the top of his game and can see him getting a move to the championship if he continues.

The bench is stronger now with Matt Gill, and (a Much thinner and fitter Garry Kenneth) and Eliot Richard whos bag a couple of goals already this season.

Wardy will set up as you prob remember , 1st aim to keep it tight and not let you have chances and hope to hit you on the break, with players like JET and Baldock you should be winning with ease, being honest i barely have heard of any of the other players in your team other than mentions on here and brief reports in the papers and tweets but thats the nature of lower league football, if we had heard of these players they wouldnt be playing in leagues 1 and 2 !!

i hear a lot of you saying things are coming together with the city team but then read others saying its rubbish and its been a long run without a league win, early goal for you and i fear it could be 3/4 nil but the longer we hold out the better our hopes get.

On wage bill of each side it should be 5 - 0 city on passion and heart it could be 1 nil to us!

E) Now **** off.

Very Harsh on Dancin Daniel, come along to the robins tomorrow DD wear your colours so we can recognise you and i will buy you a beer.

My 2 pennies worth...

hard working good ball playing centre half in Tom Parkes who will go on to play at a higher level, partners old fashioned more physical centre half in Mark Mccrystal.... a steady centre half partnership

THe now famous John Joe O'toole is a combative excellent central midfielder and on his day should be playing at a much better level will get stuck in and can pick a pass and strike a ball well

Ellis Harrison and Alfe Santos (one of the 2 will feature id have thought with the other on the bench) are to very promising youngsters who will cause your lot problems with pace and skill if they play.

Matt Harrold has more to his game than a big lump up front and his goal scoring record at rovers is none to shabby , Clarkson obvioyusly known to you , struggled with injuries like his time with you but seems fitter and has found the net a few times already

My Player to watch is Micheal Smith come on leaps and bounds since signing from Irish league playing at the top of his game and can see him getting a move to the championship if he continues.

The bench is stronger now with Matt Gill, and (a Much thinner and fitter Garry Kenneth) and Eliot Richard whos bag a couple of goals already this season.

Wardy will set up as you prob remember , 1st aim to keep it tight and not let you have chances and hope to hit you on the break, with players like JET and Baldock you should be winning with ease, being honest i barely have heard of any of the other players in your team other than mentions on here and brief reports in the papers and tweets but thats the nature of lower league football, if we had heard of these players they wouldnt be playing in leagues 1 and 2 !!

i hear a lot of you saying things are coming together with the city team but then read others saying its rubbish and its been a long run without a league win, early goal for you and i fear it could be 3/4 nil but the longer we hold out the better our hopes get.

On wage bill of each side it should be 5 - 0 city on passion and heart it could be 1 nil to us!

A good read, and a nice insight to your team..

But the last bit.. Typical gashead comment :laugh:

Cheers N/cookie. Think that is genuinely what the OP was after, not some sarcastic dick head. As this is a city forum, I don't really understand why DDD thinks we would all know so much about your lot. Only thing I would say is, don't expect us to just roll over if your players show a bit of passion, we are slowly but surely getting rid of all the bottlers that have held us back in recent years.

My 2 pennies worth...

hard working good ball playing centre half in Tom Parkes (WHO?) who will go on to play at a higher level, partners old fashioned more physical centre half in Mark Mccrystal(WHO?).... a steady centre half partnership

THe now famous John Joe O'toole is a combative excellent central midfielder and on his day should be playing at a much better level (LIKE HE FAILED TO DO AT COLCHESTER YOU MEAN?)will get stuck in and can pick a pass and strike a ball well

Ellis Harrison(WHO?) and Alfe Santos (WHO?)(one of the 2 will feature id have thought with the other on the bench) are to (TWO) very promising youngsters who will cause your lot problems with pace and skill if they play.

Matt Harrold(GINGER!) has more to his game than a big lump up front and his goal scoring record at rovers is none to shabby , Clarkson (FAT, SLOW & WEAK) obvioyusly known to you , struggled with injuries like his time with you but seems fitter and has found the net a few times already

My Player to watch is Micheal Smith (WHO?) come on leaps and bounds since signing from Irish league playing at the top of his game and can see him getting a move to the championship if he continues.

The bench is stronger now (IT NEEDS TO BE INCASE KENNITH GETS SUBSTITUTED!) with Matt Gill (I ACTUALLY THINK I HAVE HEARD OF HIM!), and (a Much thinner and fitter Garry Kenneth (HE ONLY WEIGHS 17 STONE NOW THEN..?) ) and Eliot Richard (HAVE YOU GOT HIS NAMES IN THE WRONG ORDER?) whos bag a couple of goals already this season.

Wardy will set up as you prob remember , 1st aim to keep it tight and not let you have chances and hope to hit you on the break, with players like JET and Baldock you should be winning with ease, being honest i barely have heard of any of the other players in your team other than mentions on here (YOU SPEND ENOUGH TIME HERE TO KNOW THEN ALL FAIRLY WELL) and brief reports in the papers and tweets but thats the nature of lower league football (THEY AREN'T PLAYING LOWER LEAGUE FOOTBALL, TO THE LIKES OF YOU THOUGH, ARE THEY?!) , if we had heard of these players they wouldnt be playing in leagues 1 and 2 !! (SO YOU HAVEN'T HEARD OF OUR COUPLE OF ENGLAND INTERNATIONAL SQUAD PLAYERS, OR MANY WHO HAVE PLAYED IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP?)

i hear a lot of you saying things are coming together with the city team but then read others saying its rubbish and its been a long run without a league win, early goal for you and i fear it could be 3/4 nil but the longer we hold out the better our hopes get (WELL DONE, EINSTEIN!).

On wage bill of each side it should be 5 - 0 city on passion and heart it could be 1 nil to us! (BOLLOCKS! OUR TURNOVER WAS A BIT OVER DOUBLE YOURS WHILST WE WERE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP. I BELIEVE THAT WILL DECREASE BY £4m FROM TV ALONE THIS SEASON, SO OUR TURNOVER IS LIKELY TO BE AROUND 50% MORE THAN YOURS - HARDLY A 5-0 HANDICAP!)

Cheers N/cookie. Think that is genuinely what the OP was after, not some sarcastic dick head. As this is a city forum, I don't really understand why DDD thinks we would all know so much about your lot. Only thing I would say is, don't expect us to just roll over if your players show a bit of passion, we are slowly but surely getting rid of all the bottlers that have held us back in recent years.

we had the same thing Buckles signings and some of mcghees were just money taking freeloaders... sadly an all too familar thing in footy these days not just in Bristol

Archived