IGNORED

It Makes Me Sick...!

Bar BS3

To be honest I can't wait for the game to be over

All this bollocks on forums, it's like being back at school. Everyone needs a rival, I dislike R*vers, some of my best mates are R*vers fans though. I hate their shirt, looks like a rag to me. I hate the ******* dirge they sing at their games

Do I think they are inbred, unemployed, shagging their sisters / mothers, druggies, alcoholics, 6 fingered......of course I don't. Just like I don't really think that they think the same of us

It's all bollocks and bullshit anyway. Last time we played the Gash on 4th Sept was 1991......we won 1-0. I was 18, I was chuffed to bits, went to work the next day and laid into my Gash mates all day, as you do at that age. That night my Dad, who was 51, dropped dead. BOOM - football means **** all compared to something like that happening

It's a game of football people, enjoy it, have a sing song and a few pints - some of the posts on here in the last couple of weeks have just been so ******* depressing to read. Some people out there, on both sides need a reality check

That being said, I hope we smash the bastards, 5-0 will do me

Great post. Puts Shankly's 'Football is not a matter of life or death' quote in perspective.

The banter is going to go into overdrive ahead of a derby, always will, but in the internet age it's easy to be more vindictive and nasty hidden behind a keyboard.

When I was a lad the banter was with mates- some Gas, some City, and good natured. It certainly never reached the depths that some of it on here (and Rovers Forum) has.

Come the weekend and the next round of games we can all move on - in the meantime the banter will continue in the run-up and, whoever wins, the flak and vitriol will continue for the rest of the week. The winning teams fans will gloat and goad for days to come.

Grin and bear it for a few days, then we can all move on.

Great post. Puts Shankly's 'Football is not a matter of life or death' quote in perspective.

The banter is going to go into overdrive ahead of a derby, always will, but in the internet age it's easy to be more vindictive and nasty hidden behind a keyboard.

When I was a lad the banter was with mates- some Gas, some City, and good natured. It certainly never reached the depths that some of it on here (and Rovers Forum) has.

Come the weekend and the next round of games we can all move on - in the meantime the banter will continue in the run-up and, whoever wins, the flak and vitriol will continue for the rest of the week. The winning teams fans will gloat and goad for days to come.

Only if you win ;)

You lot have been doing it for 6 YEARS DDD. It's payback time!

More fun, too!

One of the only actual proper physical real life fights I ever got in was with a sag head at school following that 0-2 at our place in '95. That was a damn sight more nasty than taking the piss out of you on-line now.

What is it about that putrid Blue & White quartered Clowns outfit that riles me so....?

I'm generally a fairly placid bloke. Yes, I get passionate about following City, but what is it about the breed of person that adorns that sickening attire..?

I can't control the boiling of my blood and the urge to spit upon sight of that hiddeous monstrosity of a shirt. It makes no logical sense!

Why is that a breed of people, who, to all intense and purpose should be the same as ourselves are SO different. Why do they have such a chip on their shoulder? Why do they all (the vast majority a least) appear so retarded and bitter..?

I can see no logical answer - but whenever watching a game against those dispicable mongs, something takes a hold of me that verges on mental illness...!

Does anyone else feel this way, or indeed, have any answers...?

By the way, you have made it onto their forum with this exact post under the thread 'So Sad'

Congratulations pal :)

If you win, otherwise it'll be another 12 months or so before we meet again in L1 (assuming you're not relegated in the meantime) :ph34r::gasmask:

Do you honestly think you are going up or that we might go down? Does the phrase 'work in progress' mean nothing to you?

Let's get tomorrow out of the way before we start thinking about the next one. You never know, you might acually bother to go to watch your team before then.

Do you honestly think you are going up or that we might go down? Does the phrase 'work in progress' mean nothing to you?

Let's get tomorrow out of the way before we start thinking about the next one. You never know, you might acually bother to go to watch your team before then.

Now now CU, you know how loyal their fans are, they just don't take it to ridiculous lengths............

Like actually going to games.

It's a Bristol derby, there's supposed to be bile and venom. That's the only thing that makes it fun, the football on show is generally sh1te.

You pussies are so used to trading blows with teams like Exeter you probably think we are going help you blow up your ******* balloons.

Oh btw your shirt IS appalling, your anthem is nicked and depressing and we are Bristols oldest league club.

A view from an exile.

Having lived away from the day to day competitiveness for a long time, I do not hate the Rovers, actually I feel akin to them as Bristolians. I've met a few gasheads round here with whom I've loved the banter, but find them akin to my own thinking, love your team, and treat the rivals as a pantomime villain, but there is no hate or vitriol.

Perhaps as exiles, we are removed from the cauldron, and able to see our clubs for what they are- under-achieving 3/4th div outfits!

I was lucky to meet 3 gas heads on a sponsored cycle to Brighton in my local, a couple of years ago. It was such a pleasure to see blue and white quarters, effectively waving the bristol banner down these parts. We had a great craic and took the P accordingly.

I for one would love us to be in the same div and enjoy this game with meaning each year. Don't get me wrong, the Rovers are the second result I look for, a defeat for them always brings a smile to my face, but

Rivals yes, enemies no.

Personally, I find it strange that there is so much hatred of other team's fans. I want us to beat the gas and would hate it if lost but that doesn't mean I get paranoid about gas fans.

I think it's important to remember that there are a few loonies on the gas forum saying the same things about us. We should not lower ourselves to their level but instead aim for a higher level

Interesting to read that the Gas think we are jealous of them on that So Sad thread??

What a bizarre comment, City even with the 82 tag have historically been the better club, H2H record and all that. Yet we've won sweet FA in the trophy department, so it must be really depressing to be a Gas-lag.

The fact their anthem is about depression, frustration and suicidal fantasies as well sums it up with them, poor Leadbelly was a troubled man.

If you win, otherwise it'll be another 12 months or so before we meet again in L1 (assuming you're not relegated in the meantime) :ph34r::gasmask:

You Sir, are exactly the type of example that I was trying to portray in my OP.

You are not even going to the game ffs!

To be honest I can't wait for the game to be over

All this bollocks on forums, it's like being back at school. Everyone needs a rival, I dislike R*vers, some of my best mates are R*vers fans though. I hate their shirt, looks like a rag to me. I hate the ******* dirge they sing at their games

Do I think they are inbred, unemployed, shagging their sisters / mothers, druggies, alcoholics, 6 fingered......of course I don't. Just like I don't really think that they think the same of us

It's all bollocks and bullshit anyway. Last time we played the Gash on 4th Sept was 1991......we won 1-0. I was 18, I was chuffed to bits, went to work the next day and laid into my Gash mates all day, as you do at that age. That night my Dad, who was 51, dropped dead. BOOM - football means **** all compared to something like that happening

It's a game of football people, enjoy it, have a sing song and a few pints - some of the posts on here in the last couple of weeks have just been so ******* depressing to read. Some people out there, on both sides need a reality check

That being said, I hope we smash the bastards, 5-0 will do me

Just learnt today that my friend and Gas'ead neighbour has months to live ( cancer ) , absolutely gutted. Spent many hours talking football over the fence giving each other 'friendly' stick , obviously still want City to win but if we lose , losing a friend friend means more to me than a bloody football match.

This is a beauty from potgas on their forum.....

they slag off our tops, our nicknames everything about us. they try so hard to be cool down trashton but everything about there club is still dull as ****. boring nickname same as 20 other clubs ive found. boring, boring,boring tops every year. your bigger than us, youre higher up the league than us, big ****** deal,but your dull as ****. hopefully we will finally grasp the nettle and get our merchandising and pr sorted out. because were quite clearly far more unique a club. we haven't even started trying yet.

All I would say is a turd is far more unique than a diamond, in a jewellers. ;)

they slag off our tops, our nicknames everything about us. they try so hard to be cool down trashton but everything about there club is still dull as ****. boring nickname same as 20 other clubs ive found. boring, boring,boring tops every year. your bigger than us, youre higher up the league than us, big ****** deal,but your dull as ****. hopefully we will finally grasp the nettle and get our merchandising and pr sorted out. because were quite clearly far more unique a club. we haven't even started trying yet.

Who cares about league position, they're so unique! :laugh: This is the exact comment I expect from your average gashead.. clutching at straws, spouting ANYTHING to take the moral high ground and get one over us..

Just learnt today that my friend and Gas'ead neighbour has months to live ( cancer ) , absolutely gutted. Spent many hours talking football over the fence giving each other 'friendly' stick , obviously still want City to win but if we lose , losing a friend friend means more to me than a bloody football match.

That's shit mate. If it's to be his last Bristol derby then I hope he enjoys it

This proves my point exactly.....nicknames and boring tops....at least we didn't get 6 fingers or incest in there

What a dilrod

Of course Pirates is the coolest nickname ever, as is the Gas :gasmask:

Rather be dull as **** , higher in the league and bigger than being 'unique' and ****

When i was in school it was the late 80's. One of my best mates was a gashead and as we both followed our clubs home and away we had respect for each other. The joint promotion season got a bit tense in Geography first lesson on a monday and naturally i was devastated when we lost the title at Trumpton despite leading the league for longer than the gash. But that was par for the course back then, no matter what we did in games those jammy bastards would beat us and it drove me mad and when Louie Donowa scored that goal all those years of frustration came out.

Since then, bar a couple of Beadle moments its been largely City success and Rovers general demise into scrapping for their lives at the bottom of the football league has in my eyes made them a figure of fun and relief that however bad it got for us there was always someone worse off.

In that time (and this is gonna upset the blue few) our rivalry with Cardiff has taken the place of the Rovers. Lets face it, we've had more competition from Yeovil, Swindle, Plymouth and even clubs like S****horpe than the gas since we took Rovers seriously.

Then last preseason we invited them to a friendly and i began to remember why i dislike them so. These boards were full of Gasheads spouting shit (much like this week) the ones i work with were telling me how they we're going to do us over only to resort to "it was only a friendly" when they got well and truly spanked. The refrence to the "sir Rickie" LDV game came out and as disappointing as that was at the time our promotion and subsequent seasons that followed saw me over that hiccup, yet to the blue few that LDV game was all that mattered.

Now if talent is the deciding factor Wednesday night and we go on to win comfortably they will come up with all sorts to try discredit the win no doubt including "it was only a JPT game"

The facts are:

Head to head we are better than you. In honours we are better than you. Support we are better than you. Stadium (both current and future developments) we are better than you. In the fricking alphabet we still come before you! Anyway you want to look at it we have always have been the biggest and best side in Bristol and unless this revolution i keep reading about starts up pretty damn quick, we will still be the better club in Bristol for years to come. No one off cup win is gonna change that.

The quicker the gas except that and forget about their petty infatuation and jealousy about us the better they will be for it.

COYR! otibBCFC

Archived