IGNORED

Bryan And Reid

Fiale

Well while everyone is jizzing over a tiny % of fans actions, I thought maybe we should bring the focus back to the game. Tonight Bryan and Reid were both outstanding, they played with maturity and surely it proves that if they can play in the league, and local Derby like this they are first teams pros well worthy of being amongst the 1st on the team sheet for any natch.

Bryans attacking down the left was productive time and time again, and his goal was great - amazing placement with his weaker foot - he did struggle to get forward more in the 2nd half, but the whole team were pegged back more and even JET and Baldock had little of the ball for a long 2nd half period. Reid's shot that came off the crossbar was also an amazing effort - and it has to be pleasing to know we are producing players like this from the academy.

If we bring on 2 players a year as good as this - then the future looks very bright.

They were both good, Bryan especially so. He's looked very comfortable so far at this level I think. Reid had a great first half but sat too deep in the second (as did Pack). He looks very talented but a bit more raw. The shot off the crossbar was excellent - kind of thing Rooney used to try when he was on form. They both look like they have real futures.

Reid looked very good. Bryan looked incredible. Very, very encouraging.

This pretty much sums it up for me. What I like about Reid is that he's much better off the ball than I thought he would be, he tracks back, he makes tackles, hell he even goes for headers! His quality on the ball cannot be questioned and it's so nice to see him finally get a run out.

As for Bryan, this lad has been nothing but superb. Great touch, awareness, always looking to go past the full-back, none of this turn-around and run round in circles JCR bullshit. The goal was of course superb and I can't think of anything better than scoring the winner against the Gas at just 19 years of age. What a player and what a night.

Surely even nobody on here can complain about Bryan or Reid right now. Both are looking serious talents right now, and it's great to watch. Both were very good, especially first half and just as SOD thought about taking Bryan off.. Boom! He scores the winner!

Tom king looked very good vs the real rovers in pre season, I'd probably go with Burns as well tbh we don't have a shining star but a group of average to good young players who if brought on well could end up like Reid and Bryan

I still have not seen Burns play - but I am guessing it's only a matter of time as he is on the bench for most games - just wonder what the team needs to be doing for him to get any game time though.

Bryan does almost remind me of a poor mans Gareth Bale- very direct and at his most effective when able to run full pelt at the defender. Obviously he doesn't have Bale's ability (which is by no means a criticism) but the style is similar and Bryan is without doubt a very good player in the making

As for Reid, I thought that when he could get into the game he was great, but I thought he was let down a bit by Pack (who was poor for most of the game) and as a result ended up playing too deep at times. We have to remember though, he set up JET (because giving him the ball 40 yards out IS setting him up!) with a clever 1st time pass and he was generally involved in all our best moves, plus his run and chip that hit the bar was sublime

The future is bright people

when is marvin brown finally going to break through?????? or are liverpool still offering 5 million?

Think Tristan Plummer will get there first. I heard the boy has a bright future!!

I was disappointed when both the young lads came off. I felt their enthusiasm to get stuck in broke up a lot of the play.

Bryan has a fantastic first touch and a quick brain too. I would like him to be able to go past his man and deliver a cross more often but im sure that will improve over time.

Reid looks very impressive given his age. His passing and general movement were excellent, he always seems to be available for the ball and always looking to make something happen with it.

Really hope they can keep this up and keep improving as the season goes on.

How nice was it to see a Bristolian hit the winner?

Bryan would have got my MOTM vote too.

When I think of all the money and time we have spent on bringing lesser players to the club who have then faded out or transferred causing a loss, these two are a breath of fresh air. It's really satisfying that we have brought them on and there is so much potential. They play with pride and passion, you can see how much playing for the club means to them. We have to look after them and develop them, they still have a lot to learn but the future is bright with players like them and our other young players. Add to that the experience of Shorey, O'Connor etc and we have a good team for the future, SoD's way.

If I was a member of City's coaching staff I would be very excited. Bryan & Reid will, presumably, only get better; other younger players have been brought in who are good but can be developed much further - Pack, Flint, Williams, Cunningham, Wynter etc - then there is JET...........

All young confident players not afraid to try stuff even in the heat of a local derby and even though it doesn't work every time.

By all accounts more youngsters bubbling under and the club are taking the academy seriously, who knows what is to come.

I should think the coaching staff can't wait to get in every morning to work with this group of players.

I can be pretty smug about this, because I've hammered on about this for donkey's should have done this ages ago rather than farm out on loan.. The Academy was never broke, we just never gave players the chance. Now we have to and quelle suprise there is talent there.Happy for the pair of them, always knew there was potential there

Bryan did well on loan at Plymouth last season and is probably playing like he is now because of that experience, and Bobby got League One experience at Oldham too. I think those loan periods have helped not hindered their progress and what we're seeing now is part of that.

Joe is a Hero! This should be the news, forget football trouble, 19years old, scored a crisp finish with his wrong foot, was magic, how good is he?

Bobby, he was brill as well, for someone who looks nine, had a lot to him as well, got forward, got back, ever improving as the game went on, so lightweight but the skill, awesome

2lads from our academy shone so well, how long have we asked for academy results, yet nothing came out of it, many of you wanting it shut? but not now? Starting to see something aren't we? Along with a new young team around them, all learning together, the future is bright, the future is Red

COYR

Archived