IGNORED

Bryan And Reid

Fiale

I can be pretty smug about this, because I've hammered on about this for donkey's should have done this ages ago rather than farm out on loan.. The Academy was never broke, we just never gave players the chance. Now we have to and quelle suprise there is talent there.Happy for the pair of them, always knew there was potential there

Have to agree with this. The only positive from the Mcinnes era was he put players from the academy in and around the first team something which had not happened since tinnion was in charge(I know not two of our best two managers!)

Thought both we excellent last night reid seems to link particularly well with JET was unlucky not to score and Bryan not only looks dangerous going forward but can do his defensive duties. His goal was superbly taken.

Think people are going well over the top. We were playing a shitte league 2 team remember.

Thought Reid first half was excellent....2nd half I thought virtually anonymous. It was as If pack was in the middle by himself.

In probably their biggest game ever and they came out with a lot of credit both of them.i was interested to see how they coped with it all and what i saw fills me with confidence for their futures.

Also Bryan has missed some training and was n't a 100% fit .

Think people are going well over the top. We were playing a shitte league 2 team remember.

Thought Reid first half was excellent....2nd half I thought virtually anonymous. It was as If pack was in the middle by himself.

I agree he needs to strengthen up and be more effective for the whole 90 minutes but he did make some great little passes and one run great through the middle and shot in the second half.

Having played and watched football for over 40 years I can assure you Reid has what it takes, he's a natural on the ball.

At MKDons, a pretty decent team, he was the best player on the pitch first half, he will build more stamina as time goes on.

Well Pack was anonymous the whole game apart from losing the ball in dangerous areas and giving away needless free kicks.

Well Pack was anonymous the whole game apart from losing the ball in dangerous areas and giving away needless free kicks.

He wasn't anonymous....but he was pretty awful, I can think of 4 errors that nearly cost us....but to his credit, he was defensively sound unlike Reid who was defensively as useful as a chocolate teapot.

As for reid I agree with the other poster he definately has the skills to make it.....but in that middle 2 second half I thought he anonymous and was surprised sod took so lOng to get Wynter On for him.

Both played here for the first team before they had loans, and could have had experience in the first team at a higher level which I went on and on and on and on and on and on and on about, in the run in to be better prepped for this season. Joe had more appearances for us than Plymouth last season 13 vs 10 and Reid made 5 as opposed to 8 at Oldham.

Dont diss development from within over the loan spells, which were incidental rather than the reason. So'D was ill prepared to play them, regularly, signing the complete waste of space Howard before SCMP meant that he had no choice this season. Del played them both (I can't fault Del on that score) in the first team and I'll wager playing vs Champ sides as opposed to lower league opposition had better effects on their development.

Never said it was the reason, said it was part of the reason. Agree completely the experience they got in the Championship would have done them the world of good too but they got more regular game time out of loan. This isn't a dig but a genuine question. You mention the appearance numbers but wonder what the actual minutes played at each were?

Bobby was MOM in Post, played well but surely not better than JET ?

Agree don't think he was better than JET or Bryan.

With regards to Bryan I thought he was going to be a decent player but to have come on so much as quickly as he has is frightening. The spell at Plymouth must have helped immensely because he really does look absolutely class. Reid also looks to have a bright future and both will only improve.

Really delighted with the progress of both of them. Exciting times.

Archived