IGNORED

Rovers Player Harrison

marcofisher

Agree. I thought that Harrison played very well and offered a constant threat. One for the future, no doubt.

While we're on the subject, JJO'T had a very good second half and surprisingly, Harrold (always makes me think of Steptoe) led their line well. When he was replaced by the lump, Brunt they looked collectively, less of a threat.

Would not mind to see this player in a city shirt, at 19 was definitely one of the best players for the rovers team on the night and gave Maloney a good run around.

Their best player on the night!

Couldn't understand the gas fan on Radio Brizzle after the gas saying he was poor and not the same player he was last year!!

Norburn was at the heart of much of what they did. JJOT didnt look very much like the player who had so much potential at Watford, iirc scored a goal vs us in a 3-2 effort. Harrison was tricky, to boot

Shows it is all a game of opinions, I thought of O Toole was their best player, trying to stem the City attacks in the first half on his own almost. A driving force for the Sags but without the quality to unlock our defence.

Shows it is all a game of opinions, I thought of O Toole was their best player, trying to stem the City attacks in the first half on his own almost. A driving force for the Sags but without the quality to unlock our defence.

I thought O'toole was as well mate. Him and Reid were the best 2 midfielders.

Interesting what you say about Harrison, thought he was poor last night, but got better as the game went on. Will swop him for JET! Difference was the finishing I thought last night, two great goals from you and a superb atmosphere, sad about the children who turned up though.

To be fair to him, he would beat our full back then look up to see Clarkson waddling from the half way line. I think if he had someone to match his pace, he wouldn't have to hold the ball up so much and might find a bit more space.

Glad you enjoyed it still, it was indeed a cracking atmosphere from both sets of fans. But you're right, shame about the mongs for both sets of teams.

Their best player on the night!

Couldn't understand the gas fan on Radio Brizzle after the gas saying he was poor and not the same player he was last year!!

The thing is, he isn't! A lot of loose passes and misplaced tackles last night, he hasn't yet shown the form of the back end of last season. Showed in glimpses last night what he was doing consistently after Christmas last year and I think he'll make us some money in a couple of years time .Definitely one for the future if he keeps his attitude right.

Interesting what you say about Harrison, thought he was poor last night, but got better as the game went on. Will swop him for JET! Difference was the finishing I thought last night, two great goals from you and a superb atmosphere, sad about the children who turned up though.

I don't want to be pedantic, but there was more difference than just finishing. The first half was very one-sided and it wouldn't have been an unfair reflection of play if we'd gone in at h/t 3-0 up. Rovers improved in the second half, but were hardly impressive or dominant. I thought Rovers played much more long ball than I was expecting from a John Ward side.

Having said that it was interesting to have a gander at some of the Rovers boys and I thought Lockyer and Parkes both looked impressive. I assume Lockyer and Harrison are both local, in which case, rivalry aside, it's nice to see some local talent coming through in both teams.

I'm not sure I agree with people saying Harrison was anything special?

Decent dribbler and was no doubt a threat, but no end product to speak of and I actually thought Moloney handled him pretty well.

I thought their best player by quite some way was Parkes in the middle of the defence. Would be very surprised if he doesn't end up in the Championship within a couple of seasons.

I don't want to be pedantic, but there was more difference than just finishing. The first half was very one-sided and it wouldn't have been an unfair reflection of play if we'd gone in at h/t 3-0 up. Rovers improved in the second half, but were hardly impressive or dominant. I thought Rovers played much more long ball than I was expecting from a John Ward side.

Having said that it was interesting to have a gander at some of the Rovers boys and I thought Lockyer and Parkes both looked impressive. I assume Lockyer and Harrison are both local, in which case, rivalry aside, it's nice to see some local talent coming through in both teams.

I don't think they had any Bristolians playing did they?

Archived