IGNORED

Trainingwear? What Is Going On? LATEST (Merged)

ChippenhamRed

The trainingwear section of the online shop has a pair of shinpads, and that's it!

I don't like the home kit this year (I don't need armbands anymore) but I like a few of the training tops I've seen the players wearing. I'd buy one if I could! The club are surely missing out on a lot of income due to what is presumably a huge screw-up by adidas.

Anyone know if the trainingwear range will be available any time soon, or at all?

Training wear!!! We don't even have have the kits in all sizes yet. The away junior shirt is not available at all either. I have emailed the club shop a month ago and was told that they don't have a date for delivery of these items yet. Massively poor effort all round to be honest and fits right in with how the season has started.

I can't imagine the lack of income we are missing. We might get a bit of compensation from Adidas if we are lucky but I guess there is a huge markup so it's all money lost. People who might have bought a shirt etc at the beginning of the season possibly won't bother now. What a mess.

• Admin

Is anyone else aware of any other club that has had problems with gettting kit etc?

Surely if adidas has made a balls up of ours, we can't be the only ones affected can we?

It is baffling to think something that we normally get around July is still not on the shelves over three months later!

How long does it take to make these items ?

The clamour for a big name supplier a few years back was massive and there was universal delight when the club annoynced first Puma then Adidas.

Right now we cant wait to move over to Joe Scrot's sports limited as a suppkier where we might make more than an insignificant dimple on their corporate balance sheet.

Hell if we had wanted to be dictated to by arrogant German companies we should have thrown the war.

The clamour for a big name supplier a few years back was massive and there was universal delight when the club annoynced first Puma then Adidas.

Right now we cant wait to move over to Joe Scrot's sports limited as a suppkier where we might make more than an insignificant dimple on their corporate balance sheet.

Hell if we had wanted to be dictated to by arrogant German companies we should have thrown the war.

I was very happy with Puma, the quality was decent, there was always plenty of stock in the shop and around Easter time you could pick up some decent gear for peanuts. I'd take Puma over Adidas all day.

The trainingwear section of the online shop has a pair of shinpads, and that's it!

I don't like the home kit this year (I don't need armbands anymore) but I like a few of the training tops I've seen the players wearing.  I'd buy one if I could!  The club are surely missing out on a lot of income due to what is presumably a huge screw-up by adidas.

Anyone know if the trainingwear range will be available any time soon, or at all?

The home kit has grown on me, Probably because it's red and white and not that shambles it was last year, Although it would look silly with long sleeves

Can we get compensation from Adidas as we would've sold gear by now but cant ultimately losing the chance to get money

Adidas will always supply the 'bigger' quantity clubs first and if there is any time left down the pecking order they might think about it. It is the same with their products in high street shops. The big players get first dabs on the stock and the small independents have to wait to see if anything comes there way. It's the same with Nike etc etc

Just in case anyone is interested, I emailed Dave L about the lack of adidas stock, here's what he said:-

The non-availability of certain items is entirely down to Adidas, who have let us down badly this season. They have been unable to give us an explanation for the non-delivery of items which were ordered over a year ago. As you can imagine, we are not best pleased with this and are taking this up with them.

Iv emailed adidas asking for their side of the story ..will post a reply (if I get one!)

I can guarantee that you will get a reply saying something like "Due to data protection we are unable to discuss customer orders with anyone other than the account holder(Bristol city)" ....

I haven't checked but it would be intersting to know if other clubs are getting the same problem ?

I can guarantee that you will get a reply saying something like "Due to data protection we are unable to discuss customer orders with anyone other than the account holder(Bristol city)" ....

I haven't checked but it would be intersting to know if other clubs are getting the same problem ?

Yeah. Something doesn't feel right tho. Adidas are huge and the issues have been around for 3months now. Surely all they need to do is physically make the stuff...they cud do it in days surely ?

We have had no explanation as to why...just that it isnt the clubs fault (but how do we know this to be true as we have no actual explanation ?)

It may well be adidas fault but why would they default on a relatively bread and butter order ?

• Admin

On the basis that in the past we have seen the new kit on the last game of the previous season, to say that they could have been onsale in June, that is over four months ago.

Surely from scratch nothing takes four months to make - even if in limited numbers

As for the company giving information, could it be obtained under FOI act?

Something definately smells fishy. . .

Yeah. Something doesn't feel right tho. Adidas are huge and the issues have been around for 3months now. Surely all they need to do is physically make the stuff...they cud do it in days surely ?

We have had no explanation as to why...just that it isnt the clubs fault (but how do we know this to be true as we have no actual explanation ?)

It may well be adidas fault but why would they default on a relatively bread and butter order ?

Doubt they need to do that TBH. It's all generic stuff, they've probably got warehouses full of the stuff, it just needs a city badge sewing on.

Wouldn't be surprised if the club have already told adidas they don't want the stuff delivered now as they wont want a load of old stuff hanging about at the end of the season, and want the new supplier to have a clear run at it.

Archived