IGNORED

Trainingwear? What Is Going On? LATEST (Merged)

ChippenhamRed

Wonder how this works, do they get paid on fulfilment of the order or have they been paid upfront or a bit of both? They have broken their contract as surely there was an agreed delivery date and penalties put in place if either side broke the deal?

Trouble is people might have bought lots of merchandise as part of the feel good factor a the start of the season,I'm not sure I want it too much now. A new shirt will be out next summer, this stuff has already a limited shelf life.

"The non-availability of certain items is entirely down to Adidas, who have let us down badly this season. They have been unable to give us an explanation for the non-delivery of items which were ordered over a year ago. As you can imagine, we are not best pleased with this and are taking this up with them."

By the sound of that I won't be holding my breath for any training kit to be honest.

Still no trainingwear I see, at least if the online shop is anything to go by.  Anyone heard anything more about this?

Just don't understand how adidas can be so far behind with this.  Where I work if we were 4 months late with deliveries we would go out of business!

I heard there was a flood in the Chinese factory and in a panic they started to gather a load of shirts to stem the flood only for the manager of production to stop them saying they cannot use the Chelsea shirts. So they grabbed the next one's and they were City shirts apparently. Weird but possibly true. 

• Admin

I heard there was a flood in the Chinese factory and in a panic they started to gather a load of shirts to stem the flood only for the manager of production to stop them saying they cannot use the Chelsea shirts. So they grabbed the next one's and they were City shirts apparently. Weird but possibly true. 

:yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

Yeah all these shirts just happened to be lying around un boxed

Just bumping this thread as I was wondering if anyone knew if there will be any training wear for sale at all this season?

With Christmas having been and gone, this would presumably have been a profitable time for the club in terms of revenue from the megastore - can only assume the club will be claiming significant compensation from adidas.

Still can't understand how an order due in June/July is still outstanding 7 months later.  So poor.

My friend is one of the marketing managers for City and he complained all last season about how sh*t Adidas are in terms of turnaround time etc. At the end of the day though they are supplying the kit, we arent paying for it. (as far as I am aware). My team were going to order full adidas kit this year for our home and away shirts and by god im glad I didnt. However, I did order from another German manufacturer, UhlSport, Who I can say have improved ten fold since city had them before. Cheap aswell and just as good quality as Adidas or even Nike garments (Uhlsport is German afterall ;) ) Would love to suggest them as a supplier to City!

Just bumping this thread as I was wondering if anyone knew if there will be any training wear for sale at all this season?

With Christmas having been and gone, this would presumably have been a profitable time for the club in terms of revenue from the megastore - can only assume the club will be claiming significant compensation from adidas.

Still can't understand how an order due in June/July is still outstanding 7 months later.  So poor.

Seeing as the shirt is being designed by Bristol Sport next season i'm guessing this will be the last trainingwear by them won't it?

Adidas have let down 90% of their european clients this season. I believe they have encountered problems with russian suppliers. Theyve made a big loss as a company and their share price has tumbled in the last 6 months because of this. They would be in real trouble were it not for a world cup yr.

It will be nice when we have a unique design next yr. Lets hope it looks professional and not tacky

Seeing as the shirt is being designed by Bristol Sport next season i'm guessing this will be the last trainingwear by them won't it?

Don't think it's

@Bristol_Sport: Our first #newsroundup of 2014 features back to back win over Xmas for @bcfctweets & @Bristol_RFC http://t.co/NyCg6ohZbx

More likely to be

@ZARXSports: The new Bristol Rugby home strip for the 2013/2014 season as seen here in action provided by @ZARXSports http://t.co/m0VwxofNvA

All seems to be part of the family........

Watching the clip 'Glory Years' clip on another thread, featuring AD's brilliant early 70's squad brought back so many memories of great days at the Gate..... not least of all the kit we wore then, - still in my mind the REAL CITY KIT its what we grew up with.

I'd love to see a full season of us playing in that iconic BCFC strip once again.

Adidas have let down 90% of their european clients this season. I believe they have encountered problems with russian suppliers. Theyve made a big loss as a company and their share price has tumbled in the last 6 months because of this. They would be in real trouble were it not for a world cup yr.

It will be nice when we have a unique design next yr. Lets hope it looks professional and not tacky

Interesting.

am I correct in saying that the company sorting our shirts next season currently look after the shirts for Bristol Rugby?

Yep - ZarX

Who are Bristol Sport..??

Are they a sports gear manufacture..??

Please enlighten as too who they are and based..??

Bristol Sport is the company owned by SL that includes BCFC, Bristol Rugby etc. Click on the twitter links above and it will take you to their website

my two pennerth - Zarx are the local firm who supplied the new 125th anniversary kit for Bristol Rugby this season. It has not met with universal approval to put it mildly. The first design was so badly received that it was publicly withdrawn by the club and a new darker design produced. Timing of supply was not brilliant - though a lot better than adidas (who seem to design for anorexic midgets). I still really don't like the new rugby kit. The die hards (the rugby equivalent of the purple and lime fans!) will only be happy with blue and white hoops - and letters not numbers. Interestingly Zarx did produce a retro shirt along those lines that seems to have sold well.

So - Bristol Sport are the parent club for BCFC and Bristol Rugby. Zarx are a local sportswear firm who supplied Bristol Rugby for the first time this year. After a rough start it seems to have settled down. As a matter of principle I would quite like to see BCFC use a local firm. Now they appear to have sorted the design issues supply has been pretty good and quality appears decent. However, unless I have missed it - I have not seen an announcement saying we have switched.

Have a look at the minutes from the FP meeting - I think that the date should say August 08th 2013, not 2012 BTW

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20130809-fansparliamentminutes-981154.aspx

I remember seeing that - but it being a bit vague did not register! thanks. This would suggest Zarx are likely to be at the front of the queue. However, they appear to only make rugby kits at the moment, though I am sure it will not be impossible for them to make the lighter, less robust football kits City will require. Keep an eye on the consultation process as it left a lot to be desired at Bristol Rugby.

Archived